Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
9th Planet in our Solar System? Scientists say there could very well be

Quote:You've clearly offended the Plutarians with your hate speech. You should denounce yourself, grovel to the press, and make a sizeable donation to the National Association for the Advancement of Girth Challenge Celestial Bodies to rectify this situation.

Lest we march.

Who are you talking to? There is no hate speech in this thread.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who are you talking to? There is no hate speech in this thread.

Tell that to Pluto!

This whole thread oh my crap you guys I love you all

[Image: still_raw.png]

Quote:Who are you talking to? There is no hate speech in this thread.
You deny your crimes?

Now you're offending all right thinking individuals in this forum.

Your penance is to write each of us who have or might have read your words in this thread a 500 word letter of apology explaining that you now recognize how hurtful your intentions were in attempting to keep Pluto from being recognized as the model of planethood it is. Your hurtful labels and appeals to this so called scientific definition are affecting this dear PLANET's self esteem and cannot, nay will not be permitted in the sphere of common discourse.

If you continue your rejection of Pluto's Truth we shall look for other...methods to persuade you to repent of your sin.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You deny your crimes?

Now you're offending all right thinking individuals in this forum.

Your penance is to write each of us who have or might have read your words in this thread a 500 word letter of apology explaining that you now recognize how hurtful your intentions were in attempting to keep Pluto from being recognized as the model of planethood it is. Your hurtful labels and appeals to this so called scientific definition are affecting this dear PLANET's self esteem and cannot, nay will not be permitted in the sphere of common discourse.

If you continue your rejection of Pluto's Truth we shall look for other...methods to persuade you to repent of your sin.

What you are doing is wasting your time trying to convince me Pluto is a planet. I know for a fact it is not. Science proves it. The reason is it passes Neptune's orbit, which we have known for decades.

Quote:What you are doing is wasting your time trying to convince me Pluto is a planet. I know for a fact it is not. Science proves it. The reason is it passes Neptune's orbit, which we have known for decades.
We've already eastablished that your rigid adherence to this idea of science does not absolve you.

Now, where is my letter?

#plutostruth
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:What you are doing is wasting your time trying to convince me Pluto is a planet. I know for a fact it is not. Science proves it. The reason is it passes Neptune's orbit, which we have known for decades.
what he is doing is baiting you into an argument for his amusement...he just wants you to continue arguing even though he knows perfectly well you are correct because it humors him... 

I don't care what "science" says. A planet is a planet.

The whole Planet debate with Pluto is very confusing, because it already satisfies two of the three criteria necessary to be a Planet (revolves around the Sun, has a round shape), but it fails to "clear its neighborhood" and its suddenly not a Planet. Technically, it can be argued that Earth hasn't cleared its neighborhood either, so should Earth be demoted?

Can we agree that discussion of a planet diminutive in size like Pluto can cause microaggressions?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Planetists.

Quote:Can we agree that discussion of a planet diminutive in size like Pluto can cause microaggressions?
Why should size be important? in that case, instead of being Planets, can we just call Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune fatties instead?

Quote:The whole Planet debate with Pluto is very confusing, because it already satisfies two of the three criteria necessary to be a Planet (revolves around the Sun, has a round shape), but it fails to "clear its neighborhood" and its suddenly not a Planet. Technically, it can be argued that Earth hasn't cleared its neighborhood either, so should Earth be demoted?
Earth has cleared it's neighborhood because the only object in the neighborhood is the Moon and that is in orbit around Earth. 

Quote:Can we agree that discussion of a planet diminutive in size like Pluto can cause microaggressions?
Sounds to me like someone's got size issues.

Quote:Sounds to me like someone's got size issues.

He has an inferiority complex because his planet doesn't meet the one pair of moons minimum requirement to join the fraternity of giants, and not a particularly big moon, at that.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:what he is doing is baiting you into an argument for his amusement...he just wants you to continue arguing even though he knows perfectly well you are correct because it humors him...

The best medicine for a troll is trolling.

Your mom said Pluto was big enough.

Quote:what he is doing is baiting you into an argument for his amusement...he just wants you to continue arguing even though he knows perfectly well you are correct because it humors him... 

Some people find it easier to deny certain possibilities when the reward is self amusement.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Some people find it easier to deny certain possibilities when the reward is self amusement.

Meh, Dude just pushes my buttons.