Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If You Win the Powerball Tonight...

Quote:I got a 4 and an 8 lol. others were 17, 25, and 19 That was the closest for me. Feel bad for those who dropped like $1500 bucks on it lol.

I don't feel bad!! If you're dumb enough to spend that much on lotto...too bad, so sad.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd buy my brothers as much acreage as each wanted to farm, find someone I trust to manage the rest and start traveling.

Quote:I'd buy my brothers as much acreage as each wanted to farm, find someone I trust to manage the rest and start traveling.

I'll manage it for you

Quote:I'll manage it for you

Just keep a few mil on hand, I'm a pretty simple guy.

It's being reported now that at least three winning tickets have been sold. California, Tennessee and Florida.

The one in Florida was sold at a publix in Melbourne
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Id take care of my family. I would buy the jaguars and run it right. Buy a couple of houses that are spread around the world.

Run it right. LOL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Curious what each powerball winner actually takes home after Uncle Sam takes his 39.5%, and the state gets their 3-5% cut, also with other prize winners taking from the pot. 

It's a problem I would like to have, but I always laugh at the advertised prize and wonder if most of the people playing truly understand how much they will really take home.

Quote:Curious what each powerball winner actually takes home after Uncle Sam takes his 39.5%, and the state gets their 3-5% cut, also with other prize winners taking from the pot.

It's a problem I would like to have, but I always laugh at the advertised prize and wonder if most of the people playing truly understand how much they will really take home.

I think i read they will each get 526 million.

Guys, I didn't win.

In other news, I didn't buy a ticket.

You guys were funny with the thought of buying the Jags. Even if you won it all, after you were taxed you would probably be a little over halfway to the amount to buy the team (assuming it was even for sale).

I would've bought a big piece of waterfront property and built a gigantic palace on it.

If I won the lottery I'd first ask how I got a ticket.

Then I'd probably pay off my house, put enough money for my daughters to go to college, go back to college myself, and then buy a new car.  Not an expensive one, but one that's about $20,000 or so.  I'd probably invest some, and donate some to charity too.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

[Image: 697e686c81d28ae7f0574aa217c6b76fe3544df1...ba812e.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:If I won the lottery I'd first ask how I got a ticket.

Then I'd probably pay off my house, put enough money for my daughters to go to college, go back to college myself, and then buy a new car.  Not an expensive one, but one that's about $20,000 or so.  I'd probably invest some, and donate some to charity too.

Then what would you do with the other 200 million?

Quote:If I won the lottery I'd first ask how I got a ticket.

Whoa there, settle down. Let's not get crazy here!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 12:51 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Then what would you do with the other <del>200</del> 493 million?
FTFY

Assuming that after paying off all his debts and paying for college educations I doubt he'll spend more than a cool mil.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Cost of college would probably be about... $300,000.  Of course that's not accounting for the rise in cost.   So maybe $400,000. Oh yeah, probably put some of that for a car for each of my kids too.  And start a trust fund for them too.  I'd also probably pay for college for this one student who I know who lost her parents when she was young and can't afford to go to college.  Oh and I'd vanity publish this book I wrote.  

Guess I'm not really much of an exciting spender.  I'm sure my wife could find some ways to spend some more.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:FTFY

Assuming that after paying off all his debts and paying for college educations I doubt he'll spend more than a cool mil.

I was guestimating how much he would have had left if he were one of the 3 winners, lol

Well, it's over and I didn't win.  I did have my day planned though;

7:00 am  Breakfast at Cracker Barrel (love their blueberry pancakes).

8:00 am  Claim the jackpot.

9:00 am  Call Shahid, make a deal to buy the team.

10:00 am  Sign the deal, assume ownership.

10:02 am  Thanks Gus for his service, tell him he's been reassigned to an exciting

new position promoting the new ice cream factory at the stadium we'll be building at the

stadium. Ben & Jerry started in an old gas station, why not?

10:05 am  Yell out "SOMEONE GET TOM COUGHLIN ON THE PHONE"

11:00 am  Wave goodbye to LEO.

12:00 pm  Hold a press conference, promise the fans the team will remain in Jacksonville forever.

1:00 pm   Call Goodell, tell him I want out of the London commitment.  Sorry to disappoint the fans over

there, but I want a Superbowl way more than the extra profit.  No one who's all about winning

would ever voluntarily give up a home game.

2:00 pm  Announce a fan contest for a new uniform design featuring TEAL  (nice prize for the winner).

3:00 pm  Send Meyers to the grocery store to pick up a ham.  If he comes back with a shank portion,

he's history.

4:00 pm  Show Tom his new/old office.

5:00 pm  Tell the players and staff they're ALL going to spend one hour after every home game signing

autographs and taking pictures with the fans.

6:00 pm  At dark, combine 53 hideous. mustard-colored uniforms, 2 gallons of gas and 1 match in a

dumpster in a  parking lot outside the stadium.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I'd buy a specially equipped RV with enough HP to tow a smaller vehicle, and hit the road for months to tour the country, taking in as many baseball and football games as possible. I'd make sure my route passes through legal marijuana states on regular rotation.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]