Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official David Bowie Tribute Thread***

Quote:LOL... oh yeah.

I'm always getting Idol and Bowie confused.

[Image: a321efa1509ef2f655f7d3064ce9a9ce.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 12:05 PM by RicoTx.)

First, let me preface this by saying it's a shame to see him go.

However, my David Bowie stores are....Story #1:

When I was 19 I lost my license for six months, so I had to rely on my friend to pick me up for work every day. This guy was a David Bowie fanatic. So much so, that all he has was David Bowie 8-tracks (Eric, you'll have to Google those). And I mean those were the only
ones he had. So that was all I was able to listen to, on the way to and from work, for a solid six months. It was like torture after a while. To this day I have a hard time listening to any Bowie without cringing.

Story #2:

We were at a party, very late at night and into the wee hours of the morning. I’m guessing we left at about 3:00 in the morning. Aforementioned friend was so wasted that he passed out/fell asleep. A couple of the girls that we were with painted up his face like the album cover from Ziggy Stardust (or a reasonable facsimile). As mentioned, we left at about 3:00. We were driving down the main road in lovely Roslyn, PA and looked over in this shopping center and there must have been 10 Abington Township police cars sitting there.

About the time my girlfriend says, ‘Hey, look at all of the cops.’…all ten of them pulled out of the parking lot, tires screeching, and boxed us in. They were screaming at us to get out of the car (with their guns drawn). Needless to say, we were all about to poop in our pants, other than Ziggy who was out cold in the back seat. As Ziggy gets out of the car, one of them says, ‘What the eff are you supposed to be?’

I’m not going to go into the entire story (although interesting and humorous), but they ended up letting us go after about a half-hour. They found illegal contraband on us. But, as they were more apt to do in those days, they dumped it all out in the street and let us go. Turns out that the driver’s purple Plymouth Duster matched the description of a car that was involved in a robbery earlier that night.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Columbia and Canada but Dad is from the backwoods part of Canada Wawa Ontario to be exact.

Hi Ted Cruz. Columbia..Cuba...what's the diff,eh?

Wawa? Ask your Dad about Sudbury.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Hi Ted Cruz. Columbia..Cuba...what's the diff,eh?

Wawa? Ask your Dad about Sudbury.

I'll take the ted Cruz comparison!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

One more tribute, from Commander Chris Hadfield aboard the International Space Station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll take the ted Cruz comparison!

Ever been to Wawa?
Blakes Life Matters

rocking with marc bolan again