Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
General managers who may lose their jobs

Quote:IMO, coaching isn't why the Colts are in their current situation.   Ownership,  the G.M.,  and injuries standout as to why the Colts are extremely likely going to miss the playoffs despite this being a down season for the AFC South. 
I'll agree with this. Pagano's actually a pretty decent coach when he's not getting cute with whatever that fake punt thing was. I'd take him over Gus, tbqh. He's been hamstrung by the worst owner in the NFL and the worst GM since Matt Millen. If Grigson hadn't lucked into Luck, he'd have been fired as soon as the Richardson trade went to hell.

Quote:Browns are at it again firing GM and HC, smh.

People around here might not like it but I love how the Jags are giving DC and Bradley a chance and sticking to a plan. I'd much rather be in the Jags position than the Browns.
Meh, agree to disagree. I'm glad we're not going through coaches like we do toilet paper as the Browns seem to, but I think Gus has had plenty of chances to show that he's competent at this point and, well, he's not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll agree with this. Pagano's actually a pretty decent coach when he's not getting cute with whatever that fake punt thing was. I'd take him over Gus, tbqh. He's been hamstrung by the worst owner in the NFL and the worst GM since Matt Millen. If Grigson hadn't lucked into Luck, he'd have been fired as soon as the Richardson trade went to hell.

That fake punt decision is one that still is baffling but I agree that it's fair to say Chuck Pagano is a pretty decent coach.   There has been some speculation that Chuck Pagano has a realistic chance of getting an NFL HC job in the upcoming coaching cycle.   It wouldn't shock me but at the very least I can envision him getting another NFL HC job in the future providing his health is good.   

At the very least,  Jim Irsay is one of the worst owners in the NFL now that Bill Polian isn't his G.M.   When Polian was his G.M. ,  Irsay was smart enough to stay in the background much more often.   Unless he gets a G.M. that commands the respect that Polian did,  the Colts are in serious trouble moving forward. 

People around here might not like it but I love how the Jags are giving DC and Bradley a chance and sticking to a plan. I'd much rather be in the Jags position than the Browns.

What I don't like is a lot of board members assuming Gus Bradley will be fired despite the fact that Shad Khan himself said he won't do it. Now we have proof that is not going to happen, but no Jaguars fans here should have needed it to know Gus Bradley is safe.

I totally agree it is good to have a patient team owner. Browns coaches never get a chance to succeed.

Quote:What I don't like is a lot of board members assuming Gus Bradley will be fired despite the fact that Shad Khan himself said he won't do it. Now we have proof that is not going to happen, but no Jaguars fans here should have needed it to know Gus Bradley is safe.

I totally agree it is good to have a patient team owner. Browns coaches never get a chance to succeed.

As a Browns fan,I am glad they are wiping the slate clean. The locker room was a zoo ad Pettine did jack [BLEEP] to stop the bleeding. Couple that with Farmer picking a bunch of malcontents straight out of college, it needs to be blown up.

I still don't think Haslem will pick a good GM and coach but Pett/Farmer sucked.

I agree with this. I may not be the biggest Gus fan or whatever but I'd rather be in our position than the browns.

Quote:As a Browns fan,I am glad they are wiping the slate clean. The locker room was a zoo ad Pettine did jack [BAD WORD REMOVED] to stop the bleeding. Couple that with Farmer picking a bunch of malcontents straight out of college, it needs to be blown up.

I still don't think Haslem will pick a good GM and coach but Pett/Farmer sucked.

Rumor has it that team lawyer Sashi Brown is the leading candidate. 

Quote:Rumor has it that team lawyer Sashi Brown is the leading candidate. 
God I hope not haha. Find someone who has some history as a GM please.

Quote:God I hope not haha. Find someone who has some history as a GM please.

I saw it mentioned several times on twitter and also that they plan on hiring someone already within the organization.  It's not looking good Browns fans.

Quote:As a Browns fan,I am glad they are wiping the slate clean. The locker room was a zoo ad Pettine did jack to stop the bleeding. Couple that with Farmer picking a bunch of malcontents straight out of college, it needs to be blown up.

I agree Mike Pettine needed to go. Obviously one reason the Browns can never hire a good HC is they always have a bad GM.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout'>Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/683817730605203458' title="7:10 PM - 3 Jan 2016">58s</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/683817730605203458' title="7:10 PM - 3 Jan 2016">58 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">In these dark moments for non-playoff teams, just remember...at least you're not the <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Browns'>@browns</a>.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 09:22 PM by Dumptruck.)

Marrone is interviewing for HC on Tuesday.