Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
General managers who may lose their jobs

It happens every year: Some teams fire both the head coach and general manager. Others fire different executives such as the team president or personnel director. I want to see how many teams want to clean house at all levels or just change a few heads in the building.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Other than the Lions and a lesser extent the Eagles,  as of now no team appears to have a G.M. opening.

Not counting Detroit and Philadelphia,  the following teams could realistically be making a change at G.M.:

1.  Indianapolis

2.  Tennessee

3.  Cleveland

4..  Miami

5..  NY Giants

6..  San Francisco

St. Louis and New Orleans also appear like possibilities but the % chance appears less.

Also,  there's always the possibility someone will retire. 

I don't think the Rams would get rid of a guy who got them Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley. His problem is that he draft Greg Robinson over Blake Bortles because Sam Bradford was still on the team and I'm sure he regrets that every day.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

So you're saying the Rams would have drafted Blake Bortles if they had the #3 pick.

Saints

Browns very likely. Ray Farmer pissed away two first rounders on Gilbert and Johnny 12 Steps.

Quote:Browns very likely. Ray Farmer [BAD WORD REMOVED] away two first rounders on Gilbert and Johnny 12 Steps.

LOL Ray Farmer is expected to be fired. If he is not the worst GM in the NFL right now, I don't know who is.

What's Gene up to?

Quote:What's Gene up to?

LOL I don't know but read something about a connection to the Jets last offseason. He was terrible in Jacksonville.

Quote:So you're saying the Rams would have drafted Blake Bortles if they had the #3 pick.

I think he meant more that they SHOULD have taken him with the 2nd but having Bradford clouded their judgment
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The guy for the clots is probably the worst GM in the NFL.....if GS was back then he would be 31 of 32.

Quote:I think he meant more that they SHOULD have taken him with the 2nd but having Bradford clouded their judgment

The Rams wanted to give Sam Bradford another year to prove himself, but for some reason never thought Blake Bortles was going to be a backup his rookie season anyway. Thank God they were idiots.

Quote:The guy for the clots is probably the worst GM in the NFL.....if GS was back then he would be 31 of 32.

Ryan Grigson. He is one of the GMs I can see getting fired this month.

One team has already fired its "general manager" before the regular season ended: Miami. A story on NFL.com explains he did not have a good relationship with Mike Tannenbaum. Other people in the Delphins building may also be fired. There is going to be an "extreme makeover" in South Florida.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nis-hickey

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...witter_atn

Quote:What's Gene up to?

Finalizing his list of top 100 players in the Sun Belt Conference.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Finalizing his list of top 100 players in the Sun Belt Conference.

LOL Gene Smith probably is looking at the MWC, AAC, MAC, and C-USA too - if he even has a scouting job right now.

Quote:The Rams wanted to give Sam Bradford another year to prove himself, but for some reason never thought Blake Bortles was going to be a backup his rookie season anyway. Thank God they were idiots.

Ryan Grigson. He is one of the GMs I can see getting fired this month.

Grigson is the sole reason the colts are in sharp decline. If he isn't fired, Texans/Titans/Jags fans should all celebrate because he is single handily wasting Andrew Luck's prime years. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Grigson is the sole reason the colts are in sharp decline. If he isn't fired, Texans/Titans/Jags fans should all celebrate because he is single handily wasting Andrew Luck's prime years. 

We still need to hope the Colts get another bad head coach whether Ryan Grigson is fired or not.

Quote:We still need to hope the Colts get another bad head coach whether Ryan Grigson is fired or not.

IMO, coaching isn't why the Colts are in their current situation.   Ownership,  the G.M.,  and injuries standout as to why the Colts are extremely likely going to miss the playoffs despite this being a down season for the AFC South. 

The following also relates to the Head Coach position but being that it also involves the G.M. position,  I'll post it here.  

I'll be surprised if there's a G.M. change in Atlanta in the coming days or weeks:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ready-out/

Browns are at it again firing GM and HC, smh.

People around here might not like it but I love how the Jags are giving DC and Bradley a chance and sticking to a plan. I'd much rather be in the Jags position than the Browns.