Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you think Telvin Smith can play Leo

Quote:Michael Bennett isn't a Leo. He's the Jared Odrick of that defense, plays strongside DE in base D and rotates inside on passing downs. 

Odrick shows up a couple plays a game maybe, the dude is horrible.  Definitely not worth the $9M he got paid this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Michael Bennett isn't a Leo. He's the Jared Odrick of that defense, plays strongside DE in base D and rotates inside on passing downs. 

In this game and in some other games,  the Seahawks moved Michael Bennett around along their Defensive Line.   The same regarding Frank Clark.   Both weren't only differential factors against the Vikings.   Their versatility on the outside and inside created blocking problems for Minnesota.  

Quote:Can we do away with this LEO crap that doesnt work and play some real defense for a change?

Thank you!

It's about time someone addressed the "Steaming Pile" on the carpet.

Quote:  Michael Bennett,  Frank Clark,  Cliff Avril, and co. demonstrated in the Seahawks dominating win over the Vikings in Minneapolis that with the right personnel,  it can be a very effective strategy.   When you don't have the horses
,  it's difficult to get a consistent enough pass rush regardless what Defensive strategy is used.  

Do something else.

I look forward to the day Gus' scheme is gone just so this "LEO" nonsense is over. We need pass rushers. Instead now everybody says LEO and thinks they're a guru.

Quote:I look forward to the day Gus' scheme is gone just so this "LEO" nonsense is over. We need pass rushers. Instead now everybody says LEO and thinks they're a guru.

It's just the 3-4 dressed up in Nonsense.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

A 218 pound LEO. This board never ceases to amaze me.

No.

What the heck are you smoking?

Like an earlier poster said....I never heard of this LEO stuff until gus and company got here.

Heck with it.....get rid of the people on the line that aren't getting their job done.

I don't care what the heck you call them.

When you rush 6 of your players and the numbskulls let a rookie qb run over 80 yards you have a major deep problem.

Bring on players that KNOW how to play defensive football for goodness sakes.

I don't trust this staff to have Fowler ready next year. Every one is counting on him to contribute......meh...who knows?

Marks? love the dude....but he will be a year older too.

We have GOT to build a D- line for next year....with talent and depth which is what we dON'T have this year.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:What the heck are you smoking?

Like an earlier poster said....I never heard of this LEO stuff until gus and company got here.

Heck with it.....get rid of the people on the line that aren't getting their job done.

When you rush 6 of your players and the numbskulls let a rookie qb run over 80 yards you have a major deep problem.

I don't trust this staff to have Fowler ready next year. Every one is counting on him to contribute......meh...who knows?

Marks? love the dude....but he will be a year older too.

We have GOT to build a D- line for next year....with talent and depth which is what we dON'T have this year.

I agree.

Can't wait for Fowler

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 03:23 AM by Eric1.)

Quote:What the heck are you smoking?

Marks? love the dude....but he will be a year older too.

We have GOT to build a D- line for next year....with talent and depth which is what we dON'T have this year.
The LEO is just another name for a certain type of player, with a certain kind of skill set. Elephant, Buck, and Jack are also common names for that kind of a role, going back through the years and years.

Sigh...

The LEO position has more to do with a failed scheme, you dont force players to fit a scheme.. you coach up the guys you have and run the scheme that best suits the talent you have vs the team you are going against...

They need to run the defense based on Telvin. Not a position.

I wouldn't want to waste Telvin's sideline to sideline speed on just rushing the QB. As an occasional blitzer? Absolutely. But he covers too much ground to have him chasing a QB on every play.

Just my opinion anyhow.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!