Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Season on the Line

Quote:Awe. the eternal optimism of the Jaguar fanbase.  It's really an endearing thing.  I just don't see how it happens, we've have to have so many things break our way to win the next months worth of games...  I guess it could happen though.  

I don't feel confident that we can beat the tacks on the road though...  I just don't see how we stop them from scoring 30 points.

Aside from scoring 34 on the Saints' league-worst defense, the Titans haven't scored over 30 since September.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It is really going to be                                 (fill in the blank) around here if we lose to another really bad team like the tacks.

Unfortunately, that is a real possibility.

Even Vegas has the tacks favored in this game, although the last line I saw was tacks favored by 2 1/2 pts.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 07:46 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:It is really going to be (fill in the blank) around here if we lose to another really bad team like the tacks.

Unfortunately, that is a real possibility.

Even Vegas has the tacks favored in this game, although the last line I s

Looks like some lines have gone to pick

Accept that we won't go to the playoffs but appreciate where we are now progress wise compared to last year.

Tacks haven't won a home game all season (at least I'm pretty sure that's what an announcer said during their game last Sunday). I think they've lost 11 straight games at home.

Quote:Well if we lose this week we can pretty much kiss any outside shot we have at a playoff berth goodbye.  Lets hope the team figures out the redzone woes this week and takes it to the Titans Sunday.  I still feel like if we can win this one it could springboard us to winning 4 out of the last 5 and finishing 8-8, which may be good enough for a playoff spot.  Even if it's not, 7-9 or 8-8 would be a great improvement and the future definitely looks bright.
Relax about the play offs... we were never serious contenders. We've only got four wins and those were 'squeakers' against either bad teams or teams with lots of injuries. Not exactly play off 'bell ringers'.

With luck (not andrew) we might yet reach a 6-10 season. Who knows... we might even shock the world and reach a 7-9 season (gasp!). Too bad about those blown games we could've/should've won; we might have actually been looking at a real possibility of reaching a .500 (or even better) season for the first time in years. 

Quote:I still maintain a glimmer of hope that the Jaguars can repeat what they did in '96 when they had the same 4-7 record by winning out and making the Playoffs. It's never likely for this to happen, but the Jaguars are good enough to win each of their remaining games. They just have to focus and not shoot themselves in the foot like they're so prone to doing, and they absolutely have to fix their red zone issues on both sides of the ball this week.

SImply put, win out and the Jaguars are in the playoffs. It's not mathematically guaranteed, but it should happen. Lose a game, and maybe their still in provided the game is against the Saints or Falcons. They certainly can't lose a division game.

At this point it seems a long shot, but beat the Titans on the road and the Colts at home, and suddenly everything looks bright again. They absolutely have to get to 6-7 (do this much and Gus' job is safe), then at least beat either the Saints or Falcons, and then beat the Texans in Houston. That last game looms looks especially tough right now, but things might change between now and then.
that's not a long shot, that's delusional to the point of someone needing to call the men in white suits to bring the net and reel you in.

It is crazy or rather sad to think that the last time the Jaguars did not have a losing record was in 2010 when the team went 8-8.

Quote:that's not a long shot, that's delusional to the point of someone needing to call the men in white suits to bring the net and reel you in.

Well sorry if we go by facts. As in still 3 divisional games ahead of you in a soft division.

Sorry that the thought of winning scares some.

The charts say, Jags in the hunt.

As in factually and mathematically in the hunt.

But you are right, let's just ignore that and show our sanity...

Will they? Maybe not. Do they have a chance? Absolutely.

I'll take the chance, however little. But I'm just a dumb fan, not an expert like you.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Well sorry if we go by facts. As in still 3 divisional games ahead of you in a soft division.

Sorry that the thought of winning scares some.

The charts say, Jags in the hunt.

As in factually and mathematically in the hunt.

But you are right, let's just ignore that and show our sanity...

Will they? Maybe not. Do they have a chance? Absolutely.

I'll take the chance, however little. But I'm just a dumb fan, not an expert like you.
Do they have a chance? Yes. Probability? Nearly non existent. BritJag, you're free to live in 'la-la' land if you want. But what you're representing as 'facts' simply aren't. So remain a dumb fan if you want. I never represented myself as an 'expert'; however, I'm not stupid either, which is more than can be said for some on here.

Quote:It doesnt matter. Whenever we have a must win game or a game the "experts" say we are going to win, we lose. Case in point yesterday.

I think that scenario only happened once in the past 5 years,  :woot:  :thumbsup: