Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Demetrius McCray

Quote:So in two games he's played significant snaps? Two out of eleven games.
Well... Two and 1/2 games, technically. But, (apparently) who's counting?

Players get benched all the time for under performing in two and a half games. This is nothing crazy. The crazy part is that his replacement is so horrible that McCray should have been back out there by week 7.

Did McCray get in the dog house? Does Gus actually not see the difference between the two players?

I don't know which screwed him. I just wanted you and the handful of others that mocked me for saying I saw McCray play poorly this season to realize it was no fabrication. He played opposite House - and he struggled.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well... Two and 1/2 games, technically. But, (apparently) who's counting?

Players get benched all the time for under performing in two and a half games. This is nothing crazy. The crazy part is that his replacement is so horrible that McCray should have been back out there by week 7.

Did McCray get in the dog house? Does Gus actually not see the difference between the two players?

I don't know which screwed him. I just wanted you and the handful of others that mocked me for saying I saw McCray play poorly this season to realize it was no fabrication. He played opposite House - and he struggled.

I didn't think I mocked you and I apologize if I did NYC. 

I thought McCray played fairly well last year.  It makes me wonder the reason for the regression.  I still think he's a lot better an option than Gratz but that isn't my decision.

As far as the 2 versus 2 1/2 games thing.  I was going by games in which he played greater than 50% of the snaps.  That's all I was going with there.

Quote:So in two games he's played significant snaps? Two out of eleven games.

He's better than Gratz and he should be playing over him. Yet he continues to ride the pine and come in when Gratz fails. I'm not trying to say that McCray is Revis or Sherman. I'm not trying to say he's an All-Pro. He should not be seeing mop up duty snaps. He should be on the field more than Gratz.

I'm sorry but Gus doesn't seem to have a great eye for defensive talent. At least not when it comes to the secondary.

I'm also tired of the but he benched House and now House is playing better!

House was not playing bad enough to be benched in the first place. He's no worse than our 2nd most talented CB. He should never have hit the bench of the reason was due to CB play.

Now if it was disciplinary for something we aren't aware of then I would get it.

House was powned by Houston!

Opposing teams have on average 100 QB Rating verus the Jaguars and on average over 66.5% completion rate this season (2015), but the Jaguars have been the league worst against the pass (in INTs and PDs among its DBs) for 3 years (with the exception of CB House this year helping them out a bit).

Quote:So in two games he's played significant snaps?  Two out of eleven games.  

He's better than Gratz and he should be playing over him.  Yet he continues to ride the pine and come in when Gratz fails.  I'm not trying to say that McCray is Revis or Sherman.  I'm not trying to say he's an All-Pro.  He should not be seeing mop up duty snaps.  He should be on the field more than Gratz.  

I'm sorry but Gus doesn't seem to have a great eye for defensive talent.  At least not when it comes to the secondary.

I'm also tired of the but he benched House and now House is playing better!

House was not playing bad enough to be benched in the first place.  He's no worse than our 2nd most talented CB.  He should never have hit the bench of the reason was due to CB play.

Now if it was disciplinary for something we aren't aware of then I would get it.  

Quote:House was powned by Houston!

Well Hopkins got away with some blatant push offs in that game and thats why the benching was a head-scratcher to me.

No Fun

Quote:Well Hopkins got away with some blatant push offs in that game and thats why the benching was a head-scratcher to me.

Me too.

It's tough to really judge CBs from our perspective. All I know is that I don't see McCray much out there, and when I do it's usually because he's making a nice play on the ball. Meanwhile, I constantly see Gratz out there, and usually it's him getting burnt yet again.

'02

Quote:I didn't think I mocked you and I apologize if I did NYC.

I thought McCray played fairly well last year. It makes me wonder the reason for the regression. I still think he's a lot better an option than Gratz but that isn't my decision.

As far as the 2 versus 2 1/2 games thing. I was going by games in which he played greater than 50% of the snaps. That's all I was going with there.
All good. As usual, we seem to agree on the gist of the issue anyway.

(I thought he played very well last year, BTW. Which is why I took note early this season when he looked quite different to my eye.)

Looks like McCray might get the start against the titans as Gratz is injured when Aaron Colvin plays inside.

Then again according to Mark Long on Twitter these were the only ones that didnt practice;

Jaguars practice: WR Hurns, TE Lewis, LB Skuta, S Cyprien, WR Walters & RB Gerhart not working. Vet day off for DE Clemons