Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rank the top 10 players (merged)

Gratz

Gerhart

Branch

Alualuh

Henne

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How about the 5 worst players then?

In no particular order:

Marcedes Lewis

Zane Beadles

Dwayne Gratz

Chad Henne

Toby Gerhart

I'd leave those 5. Clemons sucks, but that's due to father time so I couldn't include him. I'm sure I'm missing someone.
wow... this is a tough one as. I'd say...

Marcedes Lewis...he hasn't done anything for us in a long time

Dwayne Gratz... if I were an opponent quarterback, I'd target Gratz area every time

Toby Gerhart... so much for the low mileage legs

Andre Branch... he has also done virtually nothing for this team the whole time he's been here

Luke Joeckel... a serious let down for such a high draft pick. gets beat too often

dishonorable mentions

Zane Beadles... similar to Luke Joeckel, except this guys a veteran!

Quote:This is tough. I try to my best to keep 10 starting with the first five...

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Brandon Linder

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Dante Fowler

6. Allen Hurns

7. Telvin Smith

8. Julius Thomas

9. TJ Yeldon

10. Sen'Derrick Marks
This with 2 changes for me...

House over Colvin

Poz over Yeldon

Quote:This with 2 changes for me...

House over Colvin

Poz over Yeldon

Interesting as these would have been my next two taken if I could keep 12.

On House vs Colvin, it gets interesting on who to keep. Colvin is 2 1/2 years younger which is part of the equation. House is a tad bigger standing 1/2" over 6' at about 195 to 200 lbs whereas Colvin stands roughly 1/2" under 6' at about 180-185 lbs. House certainly has some playmaking ability on the ball where Colvin seems a bit raw but has made some huge plays. Colvin is also the better blitzer. You might give House a slight edge now, but Colvin may have a higher ceiling. What sells me on Colvin is speed. House ran an official combine time of 4.50, although he ran a 4.37 at his Pro Day (time unofficial as he opted to only run once). Colvin was injured so he couldn't run, but it was thought at least before his injury that he would run something like a 4.32 at the combine. I'd probably have these two race each other before making a final decision.

'02

The long snapper is greatly undervalued here.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:wow... this is a tough one as. I'd say...

Marcedes Lewis...he hasn't done anything for us in a long time

Dwayne Gratz... if I were an opponent quarterback, I'd target Gratz area every time

Toby Gerhart... so much for the low mileage legs

Andre Branch... he has also done virtually nothing for this team the whole time he's been here

Luke Joeckel... a serious let down for such a high draft pick. gets beat too often

dishonorable mentions

Zane Beadles... similar to Luke Joeckel, except this guys a veteran!

Granted Joeckel has been a let down for where he was drafted, but LT is one of the toughest positions in the league to play. No way he's bottom five especially with this roster and so many candidates. Luke is flat out better than Zane.

'02

Quote:I'm keeping Marcedes over the likes of Branch and Alualu. They should throw to him more as he tends to be a force with the ball in his hands.
Hahaha I didn't know lumbering giraffes were forces to be dealt with.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:He tends to drop the ball most of the time it hits his hands.

As for Branch, he was injured for what, 6 games? Yea he's not a world beater, but he has played decent football at times. I'm not trying to defend the guy - he would definitely be on my top 10 to dump- but I don't think he's worse than any of those other guys. Marcedes has carved out an 11 year career here, making tens of millions while at it, and has never produced outside of 2008. He blocks, great. That's what offensive lineman are paid for.
Marcedes and Branch both suck.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Hahaha I didn't know lumbering giraffes were forces to be dealt with.

I've seen a giraffe's back kick knock out a lion.

'02

Quote:Interesting as these would have been my next two taken if I could keep 12.

On House vs Colvin, it gets interesting on who to keep. Colvin is 2 1/2 years younger which is part of the equation. House is a tad bigger standing 1/2" over 6' at about 195 to 200 lbs whereas Colvin stands roughly 1/2" under 6' at about 180-185 lbs. House certainly has some playmaking ability on the ball where Colvin seems a bit raw but has made some huge plays. Colvin is also the better blitzer. You might give House a slight edge now, but Colvin may have a higher ceiling. What sells me on Colvin is speed. House ran an official combine time of 4.50, although he ran a 4.37 at his Pro Day (time unofficial as he opted to only run once). Colvin was injured so he couldn't run, but it was thought at least before his injury that he would run something like a 4.32 at the combine. I'd probably have these two race each other before making a final decision.

Nice post on Colvin vs. House

Something I would like to bring up to prevent any confusion, I didn't refer to any stats nor did I take age into consideration. I simplified things and just posted who I thought were the 10 best players currently on the team

Take Five?  Here's my pick.

Interesting thread. My 10:

Bortles, Robinson, Yeldon, Colvin, Linder - All will be forces in the league in 2 years. I'd also expect some pro bowls out of this group. 

T. Smith -  Solidifies one of the LB spots for many years to come. Might be our next D. Smith

D. Fowler - I struggle putting him on this list because hes shown nothing yet but his potential is scary...

Hurns - Somehow gets it done and never quits. 

L. Joeckel - Gettin' better every year

M. Lee - You don't give up on this kind of potential.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Bortles

Telvin Smith

A.R. 15

Yeldon

Linder

Colvin

Marks

Hurns

Thomas

Fowler

Quote:This is tough. I try to my best to keep 10 starting with the first five...

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Brandon Linder

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Dante Fowler

6. Allen Hurns

7. Telvin Smith

8. Julius Thomas

9. TJ Yeldon

10. Sen'Derrick Marks

Now if I could pick 15 I'd say...

11. Davon House

12. Paul Posluzny

13. Jermey Parnell

14. Jared Odrick

15. Roy Miller

and if 20...

12. AJ Cann

17. Bryan Anger

18. Rashad Greene

19. Abry Jones

20. Dan Skuta

'02

Linder would be a tough call if you had to choose 5 to start a franchise with. He's obviously a top 5 talent on the team but guard is such a non premium position he is fringe for this discussion.

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Telvin Smith

4. Julius Thomas

5. Davon House

I did not know we had plates on the roster. Since we get 5 plates.

Ribeye steak

Seared shrimp

Fat pork chop

Grilled chicken

Stuffed flounder

WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH

Quote:IM A LITTLE CHILD WHO POUTS WHEN NOBODY PAYS ATTENTION TO ME

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I changed my mind:

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Telvin Smith

10. Yeldon

Surely the record breaking performance with TDs ups him in the rankings, right?

Quote:Fowler better become top 5 fast because Amari would already be top 3 along with Arob and Linder as our already Pro Bowl caliber players.

(Yes Telvin will get there soon, but he needs to improve coverage quite a bit before he is officially that level)

Yeeeeah, I hear you but... I just feel like if Fowler is a top 10 player, who cares what Cooper would have been. It's justified. It's clear to me: We are weakest at the defensive end position, we are strongest at the wide receiver position. So we went out and got the best defensive end, instead of the best wide receiver.

Allen Robinson will be better than Amari Cooper. He is now, he will always be. Allen Robinson has some of the best catches on the year. Height, size, range.