Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rank the top 10 players (merged)

Who would you are the top 10 best players on this roster? A healthy Sen'Derrick Marks and Brandon Linder can count as well.

1. Sen'Derrick Marks

2. Allen Robinson

3. Brandon Linder

4. Telvin Smith

5. Allen Hurns

6. Blake Bortles

7. Davon House

8.Paul Posluszny

9. Aaron Colvin

10. Roy Miller

Cyprien and Yeldon were also heavily in consideration for the 10th spot for me. I have to see Cyprien continue to play he has in recent weeks to move him up, if he continues the way he has he will be higher than just 10 though. Yeldon is a do it all back but I'd like to see him behind a good O-Line.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're trading Yeldon?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 09:17 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

1. Allen Robinson

2. Telvin Smith

3. Sen'Derrick Marks

4. Brandon Linder

5. Allen Hurns

6. Blake Bortles

7. Poz

8. Roy Miller

9. Davon House

10. TJ Yeldon

Next year I predict Folwer to be in the mix.

So the Qb who is going to break every jag record isn't ranked the best player? Got it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Bortles

Robinson

Linder

Hurns

Marks

Telvin

McCray - mind boggling to me that he hasn't been on the field.  The guy played really well last year.  He must have done something we don't know about.  Maybe he stole Gus' ice cream.  I don't know.

House

Yeldon

Colvin

After the top 4 or so you could put them in about any order.

1) ARob

2) Telvin

3) Linder

4) Marks

5) Hurns

6) Bortles

7) Thomas

8) Poz

9) House

10) Colvin

Quote:So the Qb who is going to break every jag record isn't ranked the best player? Got it.

Not yet he isn't. Maybe next year.

Quote:1) ARob

2) Telvin

3) Linder

4) Marks

5) Hurns

6) Bortles

7) Thomas

8) Poz

9) House

10) Colvin

I would probably shuffle a bit of the order in the middle of this list ^ but it's a good one. 

I'm just happy that there are more than 4 or 5 players that I can be excited about being Jaguars moving forward for a change.  Rank 'em however you want. I'm just glad they are on the roster. 

According to Madden this years MVP is Allen Robinson (93 overall ranking).. lol

Quote:So the Qb who is going to break every jag record isn't ranked the best player? Got it. 

Not when Allen Robinson is on the roster.

Allen Robinson

Telvin Smith

Blake Bortles

Brandon Linder

Sen'Derrick Marks

Allen Hurns

Paul Poszluszny

Aaron Colvin

Davon House

Jared Odrick
Shock the world

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...m-week-11/

ProFootballFocus

rated SS Cyprien the best at his position again this week

and R. Greene got on the list as a returner, wtg!

Paul Poszluszny

Allen Hurns

Allen Robinson

Blake Bortles

Telvin Smith

Davon House

Aaron Colvin

Sen'Derrick Marks

I can't really think of ten active players on this team who consistently produce. Marks is on the list for what he did last season. I know some people think that Bortles should be on the top of the list because he is hailed as the Jag quarterback who is going to 'break all our records'... maybe; but the only record I care about is wins, and so far he is at the bottom of that category. I included Poz because he plays with so much heart, and I respect that. We have a bunch of young guys who 'flash' at times; Green, for example. 

1) Allen Robinson

2) Blake Bortles

3) Allen Hurns

4) Telvin Smith

5) Davon House

6) Sen'Derrick Marks

7) Paul Poszluszny

8) Brandon Linder

9) Aaron Colvin

10) Jared Odrick         

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Not when Allen Robinson is on the roster.
Even with allen robinson on the roster because how good would his production be if he had chad henne throwing to him? lol. Just in case you're not paying attention it's blake who buys times and hiis willingness to throw those laser passes and 50/50 passes is part of the reason why allen robinson  is having a god year. Let's not forget alen hurns is having a good year too so is he doing it despite blake bortles as well? 

Quote:Even with allen robinson on the roster because how good would his production be if he had chad henne throwing to him? lol. Just in case you're not paying attention it's blake who buys times and hiis willingness to throw those laser passes and 50/50 passes is part of the reason why allen robinson  is having a god year. Let's not forget alen hurns is having a good year too so is he doing it despite blake bortles as well? 

Surely it's just based on opinions?..

Quote:Even with allen robinson on the roster because how good would his production be if he had chad henne throwing to him? lol. Just in case you're not paying attention it's blake who buys times and hiis willingness to throw those laser passes and 50/50 passes is part of the reason why allen robinson  is having a god year. Let's not forget alen hurns is having a good year too so is he doing it despite blake bortles as well? 

50/50 falls on the receiver

Blake is fearless, talented, and a true deep threat. Going to get so much better if he stays the course.  He's 23.  Dalton is 28, for example

His receivers have progressed even more rapidly thus far, allowing this story to unfold, in my view

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:50/50 falls on the receiver

Blake is fearless, talented, and a true deep threat. Going to get so much better if he stays the course.  He's 23.  Dalton is 28, for example

His receivers have progressed even more rapidly thus far, allowing this story to unfold, in my view

These are my thoughts also. Yes Blake has to pass the ball, and do it well, but the receiver has to catch the ball and do something with it. That's not taking anything away from Blake at all, I think he's a real good solid QB who gets better and better each game, but for me ARob just sneaks in above him.

Quote:Paul Poszluszny

Allen Hurns

Allen Robinson

Blake Bortles

Telvin Smith

Davon House

Aaron Colvin

Sen'Derrick Marks

I can't really think of ten active players on this team who consistently produce. Marks is on the list for what he did last season. I know some people think that Bortles should be on the top of the list because he is hailed as the Jag quarterback who is going to 'break all our records'... maybe; but the only record I care about is wins, and so far he is at the bottom of that category. I included Poz because he plays with so much heart, and I respect that. We have a bunch of young guys who 'flash' at times; Green, for example. 
Wins is a team component and it's unfair to put win loss record all on blake when they're other parts of the roster that are incomplete in order for them to win on a consistent basis. However, He is the reason why we are in and have a chance to win every game.

1. Allen Robinson

2. Brandon Linder

3. Telvin Smith

4. Sen'Derrick Marks

5. Davon House

6. Blake Bortles

7. Jared Odrick

8. Aaron Colvin

9. Roy Miller

10. Allen Hurns