Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Screw London.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 04:00 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I agree, screw London. Lets worry more about putting a good product on the field. That should be his number one priority, something he hasnt done since taking over as owner.
Yeah, Screw London, if you have a game there you can't worry about putting a good product on the field. Oh what's that you say? Caldwell is making the majority of football decisions. He isn't spending time on the business side of things? Huh, he just focuses on putting the best team together so London has no impact. Khan is an owner and not a GM? You don't say?

Screw London!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The title says it all. I don't think I am the only fan that believes Shad Khan can take these London games and shove it where the sun don't shine. You can look at the Metrics and see that nobody cares about watching our terrible Jaguars embarrass themselves on an international. It doesn't matter if it's home or an away game...drop the whole London [BAD WORD REMOVED].

[Image: Queen-Elizabeth-II-Giving-The-Finger-420x215.gif]

If I was a Jaguar fan living in the U.S of A I wouldn't be happy with the London game.

That being said it's not like the London game is affecting our record.

Although Ireland is a tiny market for the NFL ,its growing rapidly over here in my opinion.

Quote:If I was a Jaguar fan living in the U.S of A I wouldn't be happy with the London game.

That being said it's not like the London game is affecting our record.

Although Ireland is a tiny market for the NFL ,its growing rapidly over here in my opinion.

And this take is very reasonable. The other things being said either come from a place of ignorance, uncontrolled emotion or complete disregard for facts.

Screw London? But I haven't even kissed her yet!!!

Quote:Yeah, Screw London, if you have a game there you can't worry about putting a good product on the field. Oh what's that you say? Caldwell is making the majority of football decisions. He isn't spending time on the business side of things? Huh, he just focuses on putting the best team together so London has no impact. Khan is an owner and not a GM? You don't say?

Screw London!

I still love when the idiots call into sports talk and talk about how Jags management needs to stop focusing on pools and big scoreboards and focus more on putting good players on the field as if there aren't two separate sides of the building handling both. 

There really are stupid people all around us.  Many of them on this message board.

Quote:I still love when the idiots call into sports talk and talk about how Jags management needs to stop focusing on pools and big scoreboards and focus more on putting good players on the field as if there aren't two separate sides of the building handling both.

There really are stupid people all around us. Many of them on this message board.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

"Hey Shad, stop focusing on strengthening the Jaguars financial future and spend more time coaching the offensive line!"

Starting to give up and lose faith in the management of this organization. I love the "Jacksonville Jaguars", but loathe the people that run it. They can stick a bunch of that shipyard soil in a bag, and take a nice long poisonous whiff of it

Quote:The title says it all. I don't think I am the only fan that believes Shad Khan can take these London games and shove it where the sun don't shine. You can look at the Metrics and see that nobody cares about watching our terrible Jaguars embarrass themselves on an international. It doesn't matter if it's home or an away game...drop the whole London [BAD WORD REMOVED].

First off it probably isn't smart to bash the owner on his franchise owned blog... just saying...

All owners bought their franchise ultimately for one main reason, to make money!

I don't know why fans don't realize that owners incentive is to get rich, not to win home games.

The owner made a calculated risk to take one home game every year for several years to help brand his franchise internationally.

It is a smart move to get fans overseas whom will buy merchandise, tickets, etc

Look at the Dallas Cowboys whom always played on Thanksgiving (combined with winning SBs) it helped them to be considered America's Team.

Sure, you can't help but to wonder if he has alternative motives to move the team to London or another more populated city with a higher chance of ticket sales at a higher price but that won't happen any time soon.

Nothing beats waking up at 6:30am on a Sunday to watch your team get stomped out in London!!!

Quote:Starting to give up and lose faith in the management of this organization. I love the "Jacksonville Jaguars", but loathe the people that run it. They can stick a bunch of that shipyard soil in a bag, and take a nice long poisonous whiff of it

Loathe? Boy, you need to find another team to root for. Why are you here if you truly loathe the people who run it?

Or are you just being a drama queen?

And I'm sure Khan is worried about losing your faith, lol.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Loathe? Boy, you need to find another team to root for. Why are you here if you truly loathe the people who run it?

Or are you just being a drama queen?

And I'm sure Khan is worried about losing your faith, lol.

Not just a drama queen, I'm an amateur troll as well. 

Quote:Nothing beats waking up at 6:30am on a Sunday to watch your team get stomped out in London!!!

Hold on, this game is starting at what time?  F that... I'm on board the Screw London Train!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015, 12:18 AM by Eric1.)

Quote:Hold on, this game is starting at what time?  F that... I'm on board the Screw London Train!!!
6:30am for me, I'm on the West coast. 9:30am eastern.

edit: and as i reread that, i feel a woosh.

Quote:6:30am for me, I'm on the West coast. 9:30am eastern.

Okay, maybe Screw London was a little harsh.  Spoon London!

Quote:Just out of curiosity, and I wouldn't even know where to look for this. What are the NFL's ratings in the UK? 

Obviously 4PM and SNF/MNF games are probably not a reasonable measure because of the time difference, but I am curious what viewership is like for the 1PM games.

Generally, they are low. Partly because many of the games are shown late at night and partly because they are only shown on satellite TV (which not everyone subscribes to)

The latest figures are for week five and the top-rated game that week drew in 50 thousand viewers.

The Wenbley games (on the BBC) will get higher audience figures, but unlikely to be anything remarkable.

Quote:Generally, they are low. Partly because many of the games are shown late at night and partly because they are only shown on satellite TV (which not everyone subscribes to)

The latest figures are for week five and the top-rated game that week drew in 50 thousand viewers.

The Wenbley games (on the BBC) will get higher audience figures, but unlikely to be anything remarkable.
It would be interesting if the NFL released the number of NFL Gamepass subscribers. That's how I watch all the Jags games

The whole London thing generates more revenue for this team in 1 game than the Jags do in several home games each year.  For a team that needs to squeeze ever bit of revenue out of a small market that they can, the London arrangement is the closest thing we've got to an assurance the franchise remains viable in Jacksonville. 

Quote:What would keep this franchise in Jacksonville is a winning football culture. The fact that we can't win and need London to help keep the team in Jacksonville speaks volumes about this franchise.

Revenue goes far beyond winning. 

It doesn't speak volumes about the franchise if they need London to help the bottom line.  It speaks volumes about the Jacksonville market.  It's not big enough on its own to sustain an NFL franchise with revenue levels that are even middle of the road by league standards. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

So, when is this big announcement about London?

Quote:I still love when the idiots call into sports talk and talk about how Jags management needs to stop focusing on pools and big scoreboards and focus more on putting good players on the field as if there aren't two separate sides of the building handling both. 

There really are stupid people all around us.  Many of them on this message board.
Welcome aboard! You'll fit right in...