Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Screw London.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 02:48 PM by Solid Snake.)

The title says it all. I don't think I am the only fan that believes Shad Khan can take these London games and shove it where the sun don't shine. You can look at the Metrics and see that nobody cares about watching our terrible Jaguars embarrass themselves on an international. It doesn't matter if it's home or an away game...drop the whole London BS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The title says it all. I don't think I am the only fan that believes Shad Khan can take these Lindon games and shove it where the sun don't shine. You can look at the Metrics and see that nobody cares about watching our terrible Jaguars embarrass themselves on an international. It doesn't matter if it's home or an away game...drop the whole London [BAD WORD REMOVED].

At this point, he is doing us a favor so we don't have to watch this dreadful team in person. Only downside is we aren't saving any money.

The crying never stops. Buuuuuuuwwwwwwaaaaaa.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

...and ice cream.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The title says it all. I don't think I am the only fan that believes Shad Khan can take these Lindon games and shove it where the sun don't shine. You can look at the Metrics and see that nobody cares about watching our terrible Jaguars embarrass themselves on an international. It doesn't matter if it's home or an away game...drop the whole London [BAD WORD REMOVED].

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH AAARRRRGGGHHH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Considering this game makes up such a large source of revenue for the team, I see nothing wrong for it.  It's a good marketing tool, and once (if) we put a winning team on the field the fans in London will finally jump on the bandwagon as well. 

You can kind of understand why they don't want to jump on board and support a loser.

The apathetic attitude of the fan base right now is getting old.  It's a football game and the game was 3 days ago.  Time to move on.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 02:44 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:...and ice cream.
[Image: 59051431.jpg]

Edit: doesn't make sense without the pancake avi in the quote,DOH.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Considering this game makes up such a large source of revenue for the team, I see nothing wrong for it.  It's a good marketing tool, and once (if) we put a winning team on the field the fans in London will finally jump on the bandwagon as well. 

You can kind of understand why they don't want to jump on board and support a loser.

The apathetic attitude of the fan base right now is getting old.  It's a football game and the game was 3 days ago.  Time to move on.

They will never support American football the way they are expected to. Never.

Quote:They will never support American football the way they are expected to. Never.

The NFL in London is nothing more than an expensive distraction.

Quote:The NFL in London is nothing more than an expensive distraction.

It is hilarious because all 32 teams are represented in the crowd during those games. It's like going to a concert and wearing a different bands shirt.

Quote:The NFL in London is nothing more than an expensive distraction.

So the NFL is continuing to do it because it's losing money?   Mmmmmmm-kay.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:They will never support American football the way they are expected to. Never.

15% of the Jaguars revenue last year.  You do the math.  that's a huge chunk.

Quote:15% of the Jaguars revenue last year.  You do the math.  that's a huge chunk.

It is a novelty still. Just like soccer here. 

Quote:15% of the Jaguars revenue last year.  You do the math.  that's a huge chunk.
The Jaguars have increased $250 million in value since Khan bought the team and started playing games in London. That´s 33% ROI over 4 years, if you predicted those kind of returns for an investment fund they´d think you were running some sort of Ponzi scheme. 

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 03:05 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

It is just a paper number. The team is not worth that amount of money in Jacksonville. Anyone paying the "Forbes" amount for the Jaguars would do so on the basis of moving it, and I guarantee London wouldn't be the place.

Quote:The Jaguars have increased $250 million in value since Khan bought the team and started playing games in London. That´s 33% ROI over 4 years, if you predicted those kind of returns for an investment fund they´d think you were running some sort of Ponzi scheme. 

What the [BLEEP] does that mean to me? I just want wins.

Quote:It is hilarious because all 32 teams are represented in the crowd during those games. It's like going to a concert and wearing a different bands shirt.

You're wrong again.   Don't be that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgFcl3BrJpU

s
;

;

Quote:What the [...] does that mean to me? I just want wins.
It (and the revenue) number means the franchise is profitable and has a long term future in Jacksonville. Like it or not, the London game is helping the keep the franchise in Jacksonville. 

Quote:It (and the revenue) number means the franchise is profitable and has a long term future in Jacksonville. Like it or not, the London game is helping the keep the franchise in Jacksonville. 

What would keep this franchise in Jacksonville is a winning football culture. The fact that we can't win and need London to help keep the team in Jacksonville speaks volumes about this franchise.

Quote:What would keep this franchise in Jacksonville is a winning football culture. The fact that we can't win and need London to help keep the team in Jacksonville speaks volumes about this franchise.

Generation Jaguar is dying to have a respectable team to root for. These are kids who have time on their hands and can afford tickets. They are so close, and they are screwing it up.