Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeff Tuel signs...

Not being signed to the active roster sounds like Blake should still play sunday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not being signed to the active roster sounds like Blake should still play sunday.
You can always promote someone Saturday night. I think that signing him directly to the 53-man roster would have been a mistake regardless of Bortles' status on a borderline injury like this one.

Quote:You can always promote someone Saturday night. I think that signing him directly to the 53-man roster would have been a mistake regardless of Bortles' status on a borderline injury like this one.
Yeah he can sign to the active at any time but I still think this is a plus instead of a negative.

Quote:OP, your logic doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What I think is happening is that the team is preparing a contingency plan so that they don't have to go into a game with only one active QB. Imagine this scenario; Bortles suffers a setback on Saturday night to his throwing shoulder which prevents him from playing. To respond to this, Jacksonville turns to Henne to start the game. Now here's a predicament, Who is backing up Henne? When I look at the roster I see... well no one. Enter Jeff Tuel.

While he is most definitely not the man to QB this team into the future, no GM Coach combo with full command of their facilities will go into a game with no backup QB.

Actually, his logic trumps yours here

It's pretty standard in the NFL that teams only have 2 QBs on the active roster

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 03:51 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:Actually, his logic trumps yours here

That's kind of my point though. Granted, I wasn't aware that Tuel had only been signed to the Practice Squad but in my scenario, once Bortles cannot play on Sunday now the team is down to just one QB, Henne. I have an easier time thinking that the team wanted a backup to Henne for this eventuality rather than thinking Henne just wasn't ready to go and they needed someone to replace him.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Actually, his logic trumps yours here

Yeah, but that's only been the case for the last five years or so. Prior to that, a team only keeping two QBs was highly uncommon.

Quote:Tuel Time

I don't think so, Tim.

SERENITY NOW!

Season is saved.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

12-4
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Did someone get cut from PS to make room for Tuel?

I think the Lotuleilei (sp?) move made room for him.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 04:58 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Don't these people have real jobs? How do they just pick up and leave for 2-3 weeks at a time? Who's going to man the deep fryer ?
I'd drop my real job in a heart beat for a practice squad gig

$6300 per week....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...1097846785

Usually when a team picks up another QB it's because they're concerned the starter/backup isn't ready - look at the clots with Josh Johnson. I wonder if Bortles will play on Sunday

QB Jeff Tuel signed to the practice squad  yesterday

Doctors cleared Bortles to play this week against the Texans but he might be inaccurate due to it, so Chad Henne has a strong chance of starting this week.

Quote:QB Jeff Tuel signed to the practice squad yesterday

Doctors cleared Bortles to play this week against the Texans but he might be inaccurate due to it, so Chad Henne has a strong chance of starting this week.

If he was cleared, he plays.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS