Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeff Tuel signs...

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...1097846785

Usually when a team picks up another QB it's because they're concerned the starter/backup isn't ready - look at the clots with Josh Johnson. I wonder if Bortles will play on Sunday

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a Tuel.

One of these years.............

OP, your logic doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What I think is happening is that the team is preparing a contingency plan so that they don't have to go into a game with only one active QB. Imagine this scenario; Bortles suffers a setback on Saturday night to his throwing shoulder which prevents him from playing. To respond to this, Jacksonville turns to Henne to start the game. Now here's a predicament, Who is backing up Henne? When I look at the roster I see... well no one. Enter Jeff Tuel.

While he is most definitely not the man to QB this team into the future, no GM Coach combo with full command of their facilities will go into a game with no backup QB.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 08:50 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:OP, your logic doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What I think is happening is that the team is preparing a contingency plan so that they don't have to go into a game with only one active QB. Imagine this scenario; Bortles suffers a setback on Saturday night to his throwing shoulder which prevents him from playing. To respond to this, Jacksonville turns to Henne to start the game. Now here's a predicament, Who is backing up Henne? When I look at the roster I see... well no one. Enter Jeff Tuel.

While he is most definitely not the man to QB this team into the future, no GM Coach combo with full command of their facilities will go into a game with no backup QB.

Bortles could get an injury at any time but we only carry 2 QBs, they're obviously concerned about Bortles not being able to suit up on Sunday. The clots did the same thing with Luck before they played us - they said he was most likely fine then signed Josh Johnson and Luck missed 2 games...

Must be ready, JIC.

Henne can't take every rep

Quote:https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...1097846785

Usually when a team picks up another QB it's because they're concerned the starter/backup isn't ready - look at the clots with Josh Johnson. I wonder if Bortles will play on Sunday

They also do it to help with practice reps when one of the QBs is being held out due to injury.  Tuel was with the team long enough to have some comfort with the system in the event that Bortles shoulder issues prevent him from taking the field on Sunday. 

BTW, if Henne starts on Sunday, look for a light crowd.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The only thing worse than losing is losing while having to watch Henne. Get well Blake.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Super Bowl bound now. Book it!!!

Tuel Time

Listening to Monday's presser the coaching staff doesn't seem overly concerned about the injury. Especially considering the injury happened early in the game yet Bortles was able to play with it and play well. This just seems precautionary to me.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Listening to Monday's presser the coaching staff doesn't seem overly concerned about the injury. Especially considering the injury happened early in the game yet Bortles was able to play with it and play well. This just seems precautionary to me.
Agreed.  He played through it and had a decent day.  No need to put undue stress on the shoulder.  Give it an opportunity to heal up this week. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

And Tuel was only signed to the practice squad

Tweet from Ryan O'Halloran (@ryanohalloran) - #Jaguars sign QB Jeff Tuel to practice squad.

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...9136478208
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'm comfortable with this signing was disappointed he was cut in e first place. Wanted to see him get more reps in the preseason over Henne.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:OP, your logic doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What I think is happening is that the team is preparing a contingency plan so that they don't have to go into a game with only one active QB. Imagine this scenario; Bortles suffers a setback on Saturday night to his throwing shoulder which prevents him from playing. To respond to this, Jacksonville turns to Henne to start the game. Now here's a predicament, Who is backing up Henne? When I look at the roster I see... well no one. Enter Jeff Tuel.

Yup Henne has to play gets hurt, and we are watching Nick Marshall play QB lol that would be so Jaguars 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Don't these people have real jobs?  How do they just pick up and leave for 2-3 weeks at a time?  Who's going to man the deep fryer ?

Quote:Don't these people have real jobs?  How do they just pick up and leave for 2-3 weeks at a time?  Who's going to man the deep fryer ?
They just ride tractors or sale insurance lol 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:They also do it to help with practice reps when one of the QBs is being held out due to injury. Tuel was with the team long enough to have some comfort with the system in the event that Bortles shoulder issues prevent him from taking the field on Sunday.

BTW, if Henne starts on Sunday, look for a light crowd.

I think it would be a light crowd regardless. The team is toast.

Quote:And Tuel was only signed to the practice squad

Tweet from Ryan O'Halloran (@ryanohalloran) - #Jaguars sign QB Jeff Tuel to practice squad.
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/653935829136478208'>https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/653935829136478208</a>

Practice arm and insurance policy.

TUEL TIME!

Quote:And Tuel was only signed to the practice squad

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...9136478208
If they really thought Bortles was going to miss time, they'd have signed Tuel right to the active roster. He's just here to throw passes for the scout team while Bortles rests his shoulder for Sundays.