Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just RELOCATE!

FBT is correct, I think. Losing hits the home fans harder and I think they have a pass to the front of the line if there's any complaining to be done. The six years I lived in Jax, you could literally feel it in the mood and outlook of everyone around you on Monday if it was a hard loss. I live in Indianapolis, and while I'm a diehard who travels in regularly to see my team, I don't have to live with constant losing being broadcast on the radio, in the papers, TV, and being discussed at work, by neighbors, friends and everyone else around me. Out-of-towners go the back of the Whining Line, I'd say. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Once again. I am from Jacksonville! Why does me living in NYC now make me less of a fan? I still live in Jacksonville 1/4 of the year anyway. 

Quote:You're saying here that it matters, but it doesn't matter, but it totally matters, but it's cool we got fans outside of the city! Your logic is flawed sir. 

Then I saw this post next and you completely just contradicted what you said the first time around. I think you had a moment of being pulled on both sides, in-city fans and out-of-towners, because you're a pretty nice guy, and that kicks in from time to time. I know I know, gotta keep a certain rep 'round here. 

Then I went back and just kind of read probably your last 100 posts or so and have come to the conclusion that you're a bona-fide and wonderfully skilled troll. I see what you did thar. 

Not at all.  It doesn't matter where Jaguar fans are located.  It's good to have a fan base that is extended beyond the county line.  It shows growth is possible even for those who aren't living in the market saturated by team news.  It DOES matter to those of us who have been here supporting this team WHERE the team plays.  I'm a Jaguars fan because I'm a Jacksonville native, and was involved in the Touchdown Jax movement that ultimately helped convince the NFL that this city deserved a franchise.  It matters to me and MANY other fans where this team calls home. 

If someone comes in who isn't local and doesn't have the connection, and the first thing they howl after a loss is that the team should relocate, my suggestion that they should move along and pick another team is a valid response.  The OP has subsequently come back and apologized for letting his emotions get the better of him, so keep trying.  You'll eventually find something.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Once again. I am from Jacksonville! Why does me living in NYC now make me less of a fan? I still live in Jacksonville 1/4 of the year anyway. 

If you don't understand why people would be offended by the fact that you started a thread saying the team should relocate because you're throwing a tantrum after a loss, it's pointless.  You seem to be walking that back in your posts today, so I'll cut you some slack.  Where you live doesn't make you a lesser fan, but when you make suggestions like the team should just go ahead and relocate because you're upset about a loss?  That doesn't really build up your fan credentials. 

A lot of people on this board have endured the constant talk about how this franchise was a target for relocation.  Those days are long gone.  So, when someone starts a thread like this, you shouldn't expect people to applaud your boldness.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 05:19 PM by Cruella DeVick.)

Quote:If you don't understand why people would be offended by the fact that you started a thread saying the team should relocate because you're throwing a tantrum after a loss, it's pointless.  You seem to be walking that back in your posts today, so I'll cut you some slack.  Where you live doesn't make you a lesser fan, but when you make suggestions like the team should just go ahead and relocate because you're upset about a loss?  That doesn't really build up your fan credentials. 

A lot of people on this board have endured the constant talk about how this franchise was a target for relocation.  Those days are long gone.  So, when someone starts a thread like this, you shouldn't expect people to applaud your boldness.

I think you're missing my point. The point wasn't that they should relocate. it was that it's incredibly difficult to be a fan of a team that is seemingly all talk. Also are you only a fan because you live there? if you moved would you stop being a jaguar fan? Your logic is flawed. I wasn't throwing a tantrum, or calling for anyone to be fired. I can't stand that we are the absolute worst team in NFL for the last 4 years. Take a chill pill guy! I didn't go back on what I said. I'm still upset and honestly it would be easier if I could stop caring about this team, but your response is "Durr just stop cause you don't live here durr!". I love your thinking though, I should stop complaining because you have more of a right to complain because you're fandom is stronger than mine. I support the Jaguars wherever I am. You should step out of Duval and see how the rest of the world thinks about us, but based on how you think if you go to far you might turn into a Panther fan! Dork!

Quote:I think you're missing my point. The point wasn't that they should relocate. it was that it's incredibly difficult to be a fan of a team that is seemingly all talk. Also are you only a fan because you live there? if you moved would you stop being a jaguar fan? Your logic is flawed. I wasn't throwing a tantrum, or calling for anyone to be fired. I can't stand that we are the absolute worst team in NFL for the last 4 years. Take a chill pill guy! I didn't go back on what I said. I'm still upset and honestly it would be easier if I could stop caring about this team, but your response is "Durr just stop cause you don't live here durr!". I love your thinking though, I should stop complaining because you have more of a right to complain because you're fandom is stronger than mine. I support the Jaguars wherever I am. You should step out of Duval and see how the rest of the world thinks about us, but based on how you think if you go to far you might turn into a Panther fan! Dork!

You can certainly use a lot of words to try to explain it away.

This is what people saw:

Just RELOCATE!

Once again. Not trying to explain anything away. Just trying to elaborate. You're kind of a bully for an admin. Sorry Putin!

Quote:Once again. Not trying to explain anything away. Just trying to elaborate. You're kind of a bully for an admin. Sorry Putin!

I'm a bully because I've explained to you why it is that you got hammered in this thread?  Okay.

You made a stupid thread to rant after a loss.  You brought up a subject that has always been a hot button topic on this board and in this market for more than a decade.  You suggested, calling yourself a Jags fan, that the team should just go ahead and relocate.  There's nothing to misconstrue.  That's the bottom line.  You've spent several posts since then trying to walk that back, and that's fine.  You were pitching a childish tantrum after a loss.  Own it.  Don't go Oprah Winfrey on us and complain that you're being bullied when someone calls you out on it.  Own it.  You'll get more respect just saying it was an idiotic thing to start a thread like this and move on.

Quote:Says a guy in NYC.  Get off our mb.
While the op is an absolute joke, I've been a Jags fan from VT from day 1. My Grandfather spent his late winters/ early springs in northern Fl and always said if the area ever got a team he would dump his beloved niners in a heartbeat. My grandfather was my sports watching partner, and pretty much my hero. He passed in 92, so when Jacksonville was awarded a team, it was a no brainer. So even living in vt, the team staying put means everything to me. ( I have seen them twice in foxboro)

I've lived in Jacksonville my whole life. I remember what is was like before we had a team and Jaguars are the best thing to ever happen to this city. I love my city. I love its food, I love its beer. Any fan who thinks the Jags should relocate doesn't deserve to be a fan. This is the JACKSONVILLE Jaguars. DTWD!

Quote:If you don't understand why people would be offended by the fact that you started a thread saying the team should relocate because you're throwing a tantrum after a loss, it's pointless. You seem to be walking that back in your posts today, so I'll cut you some slack. Where you live doesn't make you a lesser fan, but when you make suggestions like the team should just go ahead and relocate because you're upset about a loss? That doesn't really build up your fan credentials.

A lot of people on this board have endured the constant talk about how this franchise was a target for relocation. Those days are long gone. So, when someone starts a thread like this, you shouldn't expect people to applaud your boldness.

I've never lived in Jacksonville yet I've made contributions and felt a close connection to the team. Inner city or not, a fan is a fan. The way I'm interpreting it is that my value as a fan is not as good as yours because I don't live there. What about people who grew up following the team and has been a life long fab but for career choices and life circumstances l, they can't live there? And this isn't me picking a fight Tim, I just want to understand where your coming from since our opinions are different.

Quote:I've never lived in Jacksonville yet I've made contributions and felt a close connection to the team. Inner city or not, a fan is a fan. The way I'm interpreting it is that my value as a fan is not as good as yours because I don't live there. What about people who grew up following the team and has been a life long fab but for career choices and life circumstances l, they can't live there? And this isn't me picking a fight Tim, I just want to understand where your coming from since our opinions are different.

I've never indicated someone who lives outside of Jacksonville who claims to be a Jags fan is a lesser one than those who live here.  It's ridiculous to assert anything of the sort.

My point was directed at the mindset that someone claiming to be a Jaguars fan would suggest, during a childish tantrum, that the team should relocate.  Big difference.  I know plenty of great Jag fans who don't live in the area.  Geography doesn't define the fan.  Suggesting the team should move does.

This horse ( or cat ) has been beat to death.

The guy recanted and admitted he was mad and frustrated.

Let's just keep hammering to prove a point?

Let's relocate this thread and move on
Blakes Life Matters

LET THE JAGGS RELOCATE TO OAKLAND, SAN DIEGO, OR ST. LOUIS...AND GIVE JACKSONVILLE A BRAND NEW EXPANSION TEAM

So long and thanks for all the fish

Quote:This horse ( or cat ) has been beat to death.

The guy recanted and admitted he was mad and frustrated.

Let's just keep hammering to prove a point?

Let's relocate this thread and move on

Thank You. I think FBT took everything a little too literally. I don't totally think I was throwing a childish tantrum though. 

Quote:Since when does a person's location dictate his fandom of a team? I'm from Ontario and love the Jags.
Obviously, if you're from outside Jacksonville and you support the Jags you have to be a special breed. Those of us who live here are victims (sort of like being stuck in the path of a hurricane) and live in denial most of the year... but for those fans who live elsewhere and still support this team, you are special. A special 'what' is a separate question which only time will tell.

Quote:Obviously, if you're from outside Jacksonville and you support the Jags you have to be a special breed. Those of us who live here are victims (sort of like being stuck in the path of a hurricane) and live in denial most of the year... but for those fans who live elsewhere and still support this team, you are special. A special 'what' is a separate question which only time will tell.
Try being special in the middle of Patriot nation, lol

The team does not need to be relocated.  Gus needs to be relocated.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I don't care if the move to London, UK;  Los Angles, Califorina or some other Califorinia city; or Mexico City, Mexico I will remain a fan because the team will continue to be bad & apparently I'm a huge fan of losers.

The more they talk about another rebuilding process the happier I get, I can't wait until they fire GM Dave Caldwell & HC Gus Bradley to bring in last years Offensive driven Super Bowl winners OC (because the previous Super Bowl SeaHawks DC - Gus Bradley the year prior to them going wasnt good enough - you know because the offense stinks) but if they fire him and bring in the Patriots OC they will be awesome as long as they bring a couple coaches & veterans about to be cut for being too old over with them too.

That is the receipe for success.... oh wait its not but thats why i love it, because i love rooting for losers..

Okay sarcastic rant is over... between being upset about another failing Jaguars year and reading some of these threads & posts I might have to take a break from the message boards...

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 10:23 PM by Kotite.)

Never wish this team to leave this city. Not even out of frustration and disappointment.
Only a chump boos the home team!