Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Say Goodbye to the ZBS

Quote:It only resulted in the OLine giving up 3 sacks last season.

Signed,

T. Boselli

lol, I remember a game last season when we gave up something like 7-8 sacks.  Didn't run the ball well, scored only something like 10 points.  You know, the usual..

Tony Boselli comes on the radio and says "after studying the tape, the offensive line didn't look that bad at all.  Linder was great.  Bowanko and Beadles had good games.  Joeckel and Pasztor were solid."

Something along those lines.  And I'm thinking if everyone is solid, how in the world are we giving up 8 sacks?  How are we only scoring 10 points?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Copy cat league sometimes you copy the wrong things.  Let's straighten out and move the needle up.  I'm tired of a flat lined roster.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's about players not plays, unless your players are horrible and then you have to quickly come up with plays that can pull their strengths out over their weaknesses.

I must be drinking the kool-aid or mining for fool's gold, but when I look at the RTs we have had... Pashos, Whimper, Pasztor. Bradfield. And I look at Parnell. And what he's done, albeit briefly. I really think his whole attitude and what he brings as a player could really be a good fit to fix a long ailing weak spot. That in itself gives me confidence we could surprise a lot of teams if we come out hot this season.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I must be drinking the kool-aid or mining for fool's gold, but when I look at the RTs we have had... Pashos, Whimper, Pasztor. Bradfield. And I look at Parnell. And what he's done, albeit briefly. I really think his whole attitude and what he brings as a player could really be a good fit to fix a long ailing weak spot. That in itself gives me confidence we could surprise a lot of teams if we come out hot this season.

Don't forget Britton. That guy was money.

Quote:Don't forget Britton. That guy was money.

Last I checked he is still in the league.  Sometimes with lineman you can work with serviceable and dependable.  He sure wasn't the worst player at a line position.

The Khan Years

Britton's mouth wrote a lot of checks his game couldn't cash. Still, he looks like Anthony Munoz compared to Guy Whimper.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 10:47 AM by badger.)

Quote:lol, I remember a game last season when we gave up something like 7-8 sacks.  Didn't run the ball well, scored only something like 10 points.  You know, the usual..

Tony Boselli comes on the radio and says "after studying the tape, the offensive line didn't look that bad at all.  Linder was great.  Bowanko and Beadles had good games.  Joeckel and Pasztor were solid."

Something along those lines.  And I'm thinking if everyone is solid, how in the world are we giving up 8 sacks?  How are we only scoring 10 points?

Lageman did this too.  But now that we've switched blocking schemes, the narrative is that last year we just had to compensate for poor talent on the line.  Hold on, Lageman was preaching to us last year that the line played well; and if it played well, that would indicate we did not have a lack of talent. The story is constantly evolving.

Anyone who says that line played well last yr is just flat out dum.

There was a game or two where I thought the backs were a much bigger liability than the line.

Although the line wasn't lighting it up either.

Haven't we been on ZBS forever now? 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 08:44 AM by MoJagFan.)

Quote:Haven't we been on ZBS forever now? 

I thought we were copy catting it back when TD blew up in Denver.  I think the road grader line we had in 2007 was the change in direction.

ZBS is the offensive pursuit of copy cat like 3-4 scheme is for defense.  Everyone wanted to copy Denver running and Pittsburgh for defense.  The idea of ZBS was you could scoop up the little guys that don't quite fit the prototype road graders.  With the planet theory, there are only so many big guys each year.  The 3-4 was with everyone drafting the big ends you could get the tweeners for outside rush ends.

The reality is with everyone chasing scheme you miss on the talent.  And that is exactly what happen to us.  All the scheme and planning could be blamed for the putrid talent on the field.

This long losing streak has re-enforced these concepts:

Players not Plays

Don't over think the draft

Patience over Hype

Execute a Plan

I really want to see execution now.  The win column can come later if I'm seeing real competition.

The Khan Years

Making the change is the right thing to do. And if our new blocking scheme starts to make Gerhart look good, we might ask why this wasn't done sooner...

Quote:Making the change is the right thing to do. And if our new blocking scheme starts to make Gerhart look good, we might ask why this wasn't done sooner...
Because you actually have to impliment the system before you can figure out whether or not it will work.

No one has a crystal ball and you can't just up and change your blocking scheme mid season, so they were stuck with it until they got to the offseason.

Quote:Because you actually have to impliment the system before you can figure out whether or not it will work.

No one has a crystal ball and you can't just up and change your blocking scheme mid season, so they were stuck with it until they got to the offseason.

^^ Thanks for the reminder.  I think that gets overlooked.  I know that is a case for me.  With the change in the CBA you can't do anything after the season starts.

The Khan Years