Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(10-17-2017, 06:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:34 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: What's the chance BB is on the Jags roster next year?  They can cut him after this season right for non injury reasons?

They can cut him but all Blake has to do is have fail a physical in March and he gets 19 million fully guaranteed.

Just think about how much of a waste this is towards keeping and sign other players against the cap. 

Caldwell should be in jail for putting the team in this position. They could have always franchised him if he turn the corner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2017, 07:33 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:34 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: What's the chance BB is on the Jags roster next year?  They can cut him after this season right for non injury reasons?

Bortles will be starting next year

If the Jaguars want to take the next step forward, Bortles shouldnt anywher near center, not even considering the ridiculous price tag of 19M.

(10-17-2017, 08:38 PM)jradMITEX Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:33 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Bortles will be starting next year

If the Jaguars want to take the next step forward, Bortles shouldnt anywher near center, not even considering the ridiculous price tag of 19M.

Why does everyone here say Blake's 2018 salary is $19 million?

Space has a point here. If Blake is paid $18 million next year, demoting him would be stupid. I said it before: You do not pay a guy that much money to sit on the bench. So we have to know with absolute certainty whether he will be the starter or not before he is due to get paid, which is impossible if that occurs before the draft. so yes, he will be the starter if no better free agents are available to take over that job.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 08:47 PM by Ucf_Jag_1.)

Why did my thread about Jags apologizing for kneeling get deleted? Is it cause I am Pro-Bortles???

(10-17-2017, 08:47 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Why did my thread about Jags apologizing for kneeling get deleted? Is it cause I am Pro-Bortles???

That question is for the moderators, but I am sure it has nothing to do with your opinions about Blake Bortles.

(10-17-2017, 05:13 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 04:49 PM)jg77 Wrote: No chance we're bringing in Kaep.  This is a team that didn't even bring in RG3 for workout he's available for pennies and without the distractions.  Marrone just said about Myers "Marrone said it's no different than any other position. If they find someone better they'll bring them in" so either 1.) our coaching staff is delusional or 2.) some higher power such as Caldwell is dictating the QB position and who starts

I'm going to go with option 2 and Bortles will remain the starter throughout the year.  Marrone has thrown him under the bus so many times yet he still starts.

I'm a fan of the team first not the front office. Been a fan before any coach, front office or owner was ever here. 

I've backed they're decision for 3 years with Bortles. Enough is enough. 

We all agree yet go along with what they're doing. Make some noise. Be a real fan and call it what it is. 

Fans are supposed to be crazy enough to waste time watching a pointless game that does nothing for them in their individual lives. That doesn't mean you have to be compliant and brainwashed on top of it. That just makes you a bee's itch.

I'm starting to thing most people on this board aren't fans.

(10-17-2017, 08:52 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: I'm starting to thing most people on this board aren't fans.

Most people are football fans, but many are not true Jaguars fans who support the team all the time and act like they do.

(10-17-2017, 08:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 08:38 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: If the Jaguars want to take the next step forward, Bortles shouldnt anywher near center, not even considering the ridiculous price tag of 19M.

Why does everyone here say Blake's 2018 salary is $19 million?

Space has a point here. If Blake is paid $18 million next year, demoting him would be stupid. I said it before: You do not pay a guy that much money to sit on the bench. So we have to know with absolute certainty whether he will be the starter or not before he is due to get paid, which is impossible if that occurs before the draft. so yes, he will be the starter if no better free agents are available to take over that job.

Because that's how much it is.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...les-14412/

(10-17-2017, 08:57 PM)empty Wrote: Because that's how much it is.

Someone should tell that to Ian Rapoport.

(10-17-2017, 08:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 08:52 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: I'm starting to thing most people on this board aren't fans.

Most people are football fans, but many are not true Jaguars fans who support the team all the time and act like they do.

You're right. In fact a lot of the pretend fans on this board have a lot in common with Houston, Tennessee and Indianapolis fans because they too support the current quarterback roster.

(10-17-2017, 09:39 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 08:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Most people are football fans, but many are not true Jaguars fans who support the team all the time and act like they do.

You're right. In fact a lot of the pretend fans on this board have a lot in common with Houston, Tennessee and Indianapolis fans because they too support the current quarterback roster.

You can trust I am not a pretend fan.

Ok so if you like Bortles and know that he is a SB MVP caliber QB, then you are a pretend fan. Got it, glad to know.

(10-17-2017, 10:11 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Ok so if you like Bortles and know that he is a SB MVP caliber QB, then you are a pretend fan. Got it, glad to know.

Nobody said anything like that.

(10-17-2017, 10:11 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Ok so if you like Bortles and know that he is a SB MVP caliber QB, then you are a pretend fan. Got it, glad to know.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(10-17-2017, 08:47 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Why did my thread about Jags apologizing for kneeling get deleted? Is it cause I am Pro-Bortles???

if it wasn't it should've been.

SB MVP caliber QB? Man I need to smoke one out of your bag!
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-17-2017, 07:33 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:

Bortles will be starting next year

So he's going to the CFL?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It probably got moved to the political board.

(10-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: They can cut him but all Blake has to do is have fail a physical in March and he gets 19 million fully guaranteed.

Just think about how much of a waste this is towards keeping and sign other players against the cap. 

Caldwell should be in jail for putting the team in this position. They could have always franchised him if he turn the corner.

I always find it funny that when things go wrong it's Caldwell, but when things go right its Coughlin.  This was Coughlins decision.  He makes the final decision on everything, correct?  Coughlin is the one who signed him to the extension next year.

(10-18-2017, 09:50 AM)OUCF Knight Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: Just think about how much of a waste this is towards keeping and sign other players against the cap. 

I always find it funny that when things go wrong it's Caldwell, but when things go right its Coughlin.  This was Coughlins decision.  He makes the final decision on everything, correct?  Coughlin is the one who signed him to the extension next year.

The extension isn't guaranteed except for injury so it wasn't a poor decision because they can get out of it.  Its hard to imagine a scenario where he plays for the Jags for 19M next season especially considering as of right now they have 8M in cap space and only 40 guys under contract.