Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(10-19-2017, 04:12 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:21 PM)Kane Wrote: What part of there is no "if" do you not understand? There is almost no realistic scenario that ends with Bortles in a Jags uni next year.
Not even worth discussing the possibility of us paying him or starting him

Bortles will be starting next year. He's doing exactly what the Jags want of him. On pace for a 21 TD-13 INT season (that's Brunell like). 

You guys act like finding a QB is so easy. Matt Ryan has 6 Tds and 6 INts with Julio Jones. Derek Carr has 3 TDs and 4 INts in his last 3 games. 

Bortles will be starting next year and Coughlin will be drafting more OL, WRs, and a late round QB.

Only way this happens if if  a chad heene moment where we draft a qb and let him start week one to remind us he isn't the answer and we throw the rookie in. But let's be real bud. When the conversation of let's trade for any other qb comes up mid season despite being in good position  to win the division... the writing is on the wall. Blake hasn't plenty of games left to turn it around but his track record has nothing to stand on. We have an attractive team to lure a free agent qb and draft one too. Chance are one or both of those will happen which means Blake is done. Straight foolish to claim Blake will start

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles is gone next year. Any moron could tell you that.

(10-20-2017, 02:46 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Bortles is gone next year. Any moron could tell you that.

No, I think you have to have a team of pro bowlers around him on offense first, then only then will his play be in the position to be judged based on only his play.

(10-20-2017, 09:48 AM)jradMITEX Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:46 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Bortles is gone next year. Any moron could tell you that.

No, I think you have to have a team of pro bowlers around him on offense first, then only then will his play be in the position to be judged based on only his play.
I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I tend to agree. And, I hope that he's gone next year IF his play does not elevate.

But, if the Jags end up winning this sorry AFCS division because of a stellar defense and running/screen attack, AND somehow manage to win a playoff game, then BB will probably be back next season in that scenario. 

That's alot of "IFs", but not out of the realm of possibility.

(10-20-2017, 10:51 AM)jagherd Wrote:

I tend to agree. And, I hope that he's gone next year IF his play does not elevate.

But, if the Jags end up winning this sorry AFCS division because of a stellar defense and running/screen attack, AND somehow manage to win a playoff game, then BB will probably be back next season in that scenario. 

Honestly, I can't see any way Bortles is back next year.

If they win a playoff game then the team will wonder how much further they could have gone with a better QB.

Teddy B, Jimmy G, Smith, Cousins... I think all can be an upgrade over Bortles and some could hit the open market next year. Teddy B I'm most worried about but he is a very accurate passer.

Morons know nothing about football.

(10-20-2017, 11:04 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Honestly, I can't see any way Bortles is back next year.

If they win a playoff game then the team will wonder how much further they could have gone with a better QB.

Teddy B, Jimmy G, Smith, Cousins... I think all can be an upgrade over Bortles and some could hit the open market next year. Teddy B I'm most worried about but he is a very accurate passer.

If we win a playoff game there is no reason to cut Bortles. That means we know he can help us get to the playoffs and continue to beat very good teams.

I don't know why anybody would want Bridgewater days after he began practicing to prepare for playing time this season. He will return as Sam Bradford's backup.

Just google nfl qb prospects 2018 and free agent qbs 2018.

Blake won’t be back next year. We will have two new qbs here at minimum

(10-20-2017, 05:18 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Just google nfl qb prospects 2018 and free agent qbs 2018.

Better off waiting until franchise tags, and the team resigning period is over. Bet your list shrinks!

(10-20-2017, 11:04 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 10:51 AM)jagherd Wrote: I tend to agree. And, I hope that he's gone next year IF his play does not elevate.

Honestly, I can't see any way Bortles is back next year.

The team, or you?

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017, 07:36 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(10-20-2017, 06:55 PM)atburg Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 05:18 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Just google nfl qb prospects 2018 and free agent qbs 2018.

Better off waiting until franchise tags, and the team resigning period is over. Bet your list shrinks!

Franchise tag has nothing to do with the qb class tho. 

And even if that list shrinks, we still will have two new qbs next year. Unless Blake suddenly turns into Peyton he’s gone. Now that I think about it I can see a scenario where they restructure that team option to like a 2 year 6 million dollar deal and let him compete for a roster spot.

They got a 6th for Gabbert. I can see Caldwell getting a 4th rounder for him. Gonna need that ammo to go up and get our guy.

(10-20-2017, 07:33 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 06:55 PM)atburg Wrote: Better off waiting until franchise tags, and the team resigning period is over. Bet your list shrinks!

Franchise tag has nothing to do with the QB class though.

And even if that list shrinks, we still will have two new QBs next year. Unless Blake suddenly turns into Peyton he’s gone. Now that I think about it I can see a scenario where they restructure that team option to like a 2 year 6 million dollar deal and let him compete for a roster spot.

I guess you don't realize there are no QBs like Peyton Manning. He was a one-of-a-kind QB. We just need Blake Bortles to be a good bridge QB until a rookie is ready to earn the job.

(10-20-2017, 07:33 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: They got a 6th for Gabbert. I can see Caldwell getting a 4th rounder for him. Gonna need that ammo to go up and get our guy.

I actually think Gabbert had more trade value than Bortles.

(10-20-2017, 07:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 07:33 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: They got a 6th for Gabbert. I can see Caldwell getting a 4th rounder for him. Gonna need that ammo to go up and get our guy.

I actually think Gabbert had more trade value than Bortles.

The difference is the contract situation. If any team wants to trade a fourth round pick for Blake Bortles, they will be forced to pay him $19 million. That is because we wouldn't want to let the fifth year option kick in, then then tell him, "We found another team for you to play for." We did not pick up the option for Blaine Gabbert.

(10-20-2017, 09:56 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 09:48 AM)jradMITEX Wrote: No, I think you have to have a team of pro bowlers around him on offense first, then only then will his play be in the position to be judged based on only his play.
I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I was being sarcastic.

(10-20-2017, 10:19 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: I was being sarcastic.

What did you really mean, without saying any sarcasm?

(10-20-2017, 04:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 11:04 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Honestly, I can't see any way Bortles is back next year.

If we win a playoff game there is no reason to cut Bortles. That means we know he can help us get to the playoffs and continue to beat very good teams.

I don't know why anybody would want Bridgewater days after he began practicing to prepare for playing time this season. He will return as Sam Bradford's backup.
Remember the time Tim Tebow “lead” his team to the playoffs and won a game and was immediately cut? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-21-2017, 01:01 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 10:19 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: I was being sarcastic.

What did you really mean, without saying any sarcasm?

Alot of people will not accept BB poor play as his own until the entire offensive unit behind him is beyond reproach, and even at that point the coaches will enter the equation I'm sure.

(10-21-2017, 08:43 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 04:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: If we win a playoff game there is no reason to cut Bortles. That means we know he can help us get to the playoffs and continue to beat very good teams.

Remember the time Tim Tebow “led” his team to the playoffs and won a game and was immediately cut? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

No because it did not happen. He was cut after John Elway signed Peyton Manning because they had opposite playing styles.