Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Carr Bloodline

(10-30-2017, 01:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:49 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You knowingly misspelled the city of one of your favorite teams, how is that not a comparison? Correct spelling is important.

I knew it when you pointed it out. Nice job correcting me (and thanks to whoever made poll questions editable)

Just wondering, did Derek's success in the NFL have anything to do with FSU's decision to retire his number? I thought about that because the Bulldogs did not retire #4 when Derek was a rookie (say during Oakland's bye week), instead waiting until his college success extrapolated in the NFL.

Derail, derail, deflect, deflect, change the subject and try to point the finger at someone else. 

Still garbage posts.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Please stay on topic and stop hijacking the thread Jaguars woman
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-30-2017, 06:04 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Please stay on topic and stop hijacking the thread Jaguars woman

I did write some on-topic posts.

Question 

So what do people want to discuss about the Carr bloodline?

(10-29-2017, 08:39 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: On topic, I have stated many times bloodlines are overrated and given the Carr family as an example of that.

(10-29-2017, 08:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I remember leading up to the 2014 draft, a lot of MB posters did not want him because they thought he will be like David. People were fixated on the idea that because David sucked Derek will suck. Derek proved his doubters wrong. NFL.com 2002 and 2014 draft redos show Houston picked the wrong Carr first overall and I completely agree with that.

(10-30-2017, 12:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Anyway, DEREK Carr had his #4 retired by Fresno State on September 2. That immediately followed his second consecutive Pro Bowl season in which he would have led Oakland to a division title if Trent Cole did not break his leg, but most likely was to honor him for being the best QB in school history. It makes me wonder again why Derek was not a top five pick and the first QB selected.

(10-30-2017, 01:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Just wondering, did Derek's success in the NFL have anything to do with FSU's decision to retire his number? I thought about that because the Bulldogs did not retire #4 when Derek was a rookie (say during Oakland's bye week), instead waiting until his college success extrapolated in the NFL.

There you go - three posts in which I was clearly trying to keep the thread on topic. That is not derailing a thread.

So, on topic, why do people think Derek is much more successful than David ever was in the NFL?

(10-29-2017, 08:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Let's talk about Derrick Carr. I never bought into this guy being the next coming like everyone else has. He seems immune to criticism. Why is that? 

At the end of the day, David Carr is in his blood and it is only a matter of time with this guy in my opinion.

If you want to talk about DEREK Carr, you have to spell his name right.

(10-29-2017, 08:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you intend on adding your opinion to the conversation? If not, put a sock in it please.

I never post anything just to add my name to a conversation. You should know that. Correct spelling is important.

And here's two to derail.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Ranger, if you want to talk about the Carr brothers go ahead and do it.

(10-29-2017, 08:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you intend on adding your opinion to the conversation? If not, put a sock in it please.

I never post anything just to add my name to a conversation. You should know that. 

Oddly, to me, that seems like 75% of your posts are just that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-31-2017, 10:59 AM)Rico Wrote: Oddly, to me, that seems like 75% of your posts are just that.

Again, I will talk about the Carr brothers with anyone who wants to because this thread is about them.

I actually think Derrick Carr is very good. He's having a down year but the OL isn't playing anywhere near the level it was last year. And they still didn't help him out on the other side of the ball either. That D isn't good.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 01:57 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-31-2017, 01:30 PM)Kane Wrote: I actually think Derrick Carr is very good. He's having a down year but the OL isn't playing anywhere near the level it was last year. And they still didn't help him out on the other side of the ball either. That D isn't good.

I see what you did there. You can't fool me.

(10-31-2017, 01:30 PM)Kane Wrote: I actually think Derrick Carr is very good. He's having a down year but the OL isn't playing anywhere near the level it was last year. And they still didn't help him out on the other side of the ball either. That D isn't good.

Certainly not playing up to his contract though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

WOW!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-31-2017, 02:13 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Certainly not playing up to his contract though.

That's the gamble. Pay em, and them pockets get heavy.....
But they had to...

You either got one or you don't. If you got one, you gotta pay him. If you don't you keep trying to find one.

Most QBs don't live up to their big paydays after getting those contracts imo. Luck & Stafford are a couple names that come to mind from recent memory.
But those teams aren't about to go into QB purgatory or whatever... 

I'm kinda glad Bortles didn't pop off with a ginormous season... We'd get Flacco'd man.

I always thought guys like Derrick Carr and Dak Prescott were a product of a good offensive line and wouldn't have much success behind even a moderate offensive line. I realize the jury is still out and I could still eat crow, but just my opinion at the moment.

The bloodline never lies. This guy is pure, wet, hot garbage.

It's too soon to tell with Carr. It's not too soon to know that yet another thread has spun out of control at the hands of trolling.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Its a combination of the toxicity of Jack Del Rio and Carr just not being as good as advertised.

(12-10-2017, 03:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Its a combination of the toxicity of Jack Del Rio and Carr just not being as good as advertised.

If there is such a thing as QB purgatory, jack del Rio is the definition of head coach purgatory
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Isn't Carr the highest paid player in the NFL too? That looks like a mistake now