Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Carr Bloodline

Let's talk about Derrick Carr. I never bought into this guy being the next coming like everyone else has. He seems immune to criticism. Why is that? 

At the end of the day, David Carr is in his blood and it is only a matter of time with this guy in my opinion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hes good not great. I remember our game vs them he didnt have but one great throw.
No Fun

(10-29-2017, 07:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Let's talk about Derrick Carr. I never bought into this guy being the next coming like everyone else has. He seems immune to criticism. Why is that? 

At the end of the day, David Carr is in his blood and it is only a matter of time with this guy in my opinion.

If you want to talk about DEREK Carr, you have to spell his name right.

(10-29-2017, 08:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Let's talk about Derrick Carr. I never bought into this guy being the next coming like everyone else has. He seems immune to criticism. Why is that? 

If you want to talk about DEREK Carr, you have to spell his name right.

Do you intend on adding your opinion to the conversation? If not, put a sock in it please.

(10-29-2017, 08:21 PM):DStroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: If you want to talk about DEREK Carr, you have to spell his name right.

Do you intend on adding your opinion to the conversation? If not, put a sock in it please.

Big Grin

(10-29-2017, 08:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: If you want to talk about DEREK Carr, you have to spell his name right.

I never post anything just to add my name to a conversation. You should know that. Correct spelling is important.

(10-29-2017, 08:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you intend on adding your opinion to the conversation? If not, put a sock in it please.

I never post anything just to add my name to a conversation. You should know that. Correct spelling is important.

Do you see the irony in all of this? We're you sent back in time by Jon Connor to troll the net?

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 08:40 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-29-2017, 08:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you see the irony in all of this? We're you sent back in time by Jon Connor to troll the net?

I have no idea what you are talking about, so you can just drop it and remember the youngest Carr's first name is spelled Derek.

On topic, I have stated many times bloodlines are overrated and given the Carr family as an example of that.

I remember leading up to the 2014 draft, a lot of MB posters did not want him because they thought he will be like David. People were fixated on the idea that because David sucked Derek will suck. Derek proved his doubters wrong. NFL.com 2002 and 2014 draft redos show Houston picked the wrong Carr first overall and I completely agree with that.

(10-29-2017, 08:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you intend on adding your opinion to the conversation? If not, put a sock in it please.

The irony is palpable.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 11:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-29-2017, 08:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I remember leading up to the 2014 draft, a lot of MB posters did not want him because they thought he will be like David. People were fixated on the idea that because David sucked Derek will suck. Derek proved his doubters wrong. NFL.com 2002 and 2014 draft redos show Houston picked the wrong Carr first overall and I completely agree with that.

What do you think about Derrick Carr? Do you think he is a good QB

Remember that the next time you start a game day thread and spell Jacksonville wrong.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-29-2017, 11:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I never post anything just to add my name to a conversation. You should know that. Correct spelling is important.

Remember that the next time you start a game day thread and spell Jacksonville wrong.

You mean Jdub isn't perfect?!?!

Huh Huh

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-29-2017, 11:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 11:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Remember that the next time you start a game day thread and spell Jacksonville wrong.

You mean Jdub isn't perfect?!?!

Huh Huh

Obviously not.

(10-29-2017, 11:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I remember leading up to the 2014 draft, a lot of MB posters did not want him because they thought he will be like David. People were fixated on the idea that because David sucked Derek will suck. Derek proved his doubters wrong. NFL.com 2002 and 2014 draft redos show Houston picked the wrong Carr first overall and I completely agree with that.

What do you think about Derrick Carr?  Do you think he is a good QB

I know for a fact there is no player named Derrick Carr.

(10-29-2017, 11:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Remember that the next time you start a game day thread and spell Jacksonville wrong.

There is no comparison between accidentally typing letters in the wrong order and knowingly misspelling a player's name.

Anyway, DEREK Carr had his #4 retired by Fresno State on September 2. That immediately followed his second consecutive Pro Bowl season in which he would have led Oakland to a division title if Trent Cole did not break his leg, but most likely was to honor him for being the best QB in school history. It makes me wonder again why Derek was not a top five pick and the first QB selected.

(10-30-2017, 12:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

There is no comparison between accidentally typing letters in the wrong order and knowingly misspelling a player's name.

Anyway, DEREK Carr had his #4 retired by Fresno State on September 2. That immediately followed his second consecutive Pro Bowl season in which he would have led Oakland to a division title if Trent Cole did not break his leg, but most likely was to honor him for being the best QB in school history. It makes me wonder again why Derek was not a top five pick and the first QB selected.

You knowingly misspelled the city of one of your favorite teams, how is that not a comparison? Correct spelling is important.

(10-30-2017, 12:49 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: There is no comparison between accidentally typing letters in the wrong order and knowingly misspelling a player's name.

You knowingly misspelled the city of one of your favorite teams, how is that not a comparison? Correct spelling is important.

I knew it when you pointed it out. Nice job correcting me (and thanks to whoever made poll questions editable)

Just wondering, did Derek's success in the NFL have anything to do with FSU's decision to retire his number? I thought about that because the Bulldogs did not retire #4 when Derek was a rookie (say during Oakland's bye week), instead waiting until his college success extrapolated in the NFL.

(10-30-2017, 01:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:49 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You knowingly misspelled the city of one of your favorite teams, how is that not a comparison? Correct spelling is important.

I knew it when you pointed it out. Nice job correcting me (and thanks to whoever made poll questions editable)

Just wondering, did Derek's success in the NFL have anything to do with FSU's decision to retire his number? I thought about that because the Bulldogs did not retire #4 when Derek was a rookie (say during Oakland's bye week), instead waiting until his college success extrapolated in the NFL.

Nobody cares. And this is the NFL forum. Not the Fresno forum. Way to derail the forum by harassing people about spelling. You're not grading his homework sooooooo, quit looking for attention and try to say something meaningful for once. 

Anyways. I'm not sure bloodlines have much to do with it in this case. Derek is talented, can't argue that. The raiders are overhyped though. Gotta let a couple more seasons gonna to get a better idea of he is like his brother or not

(10-30-2017, 01:42 AM)Pdiddy Wrote: Nobody cares. And this is the NFL forum. Not the Fresno forum. Way to derail the forum by harassing people about spelling. You're not grading his homework sooooooo, quit looking for attention and try to say something meaningful for once. 

Anyways. I'm not sure bloodlines have much to do with it in this case. Derek is talented, can't argue that. The raiders are overhyped though. Gotta let a couple more seasons gonna to get a better idea of he is like his brother or not

This thread proves some people on this forum care about both Fresno State and NFL QBs with the name D. Carr.

BTW Derek is the last of three Carr kids. The second one is Darren. David and Derek are ~12 years apart in age, so I figured they probably have another sibling.