Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 09:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

There always has to be a limit. You cant just throw the checkbook at a player. Im sure we offer him a fair contract and if he wants to play here enough he will take it. He might feel like a bit of an outcast since the team made it so fare without him last year and he might want to chase the money else where. We shall find out soon enough

If he leaves here I think he goes to Chicago

Hopefully Dave and Tom goes after Josh Gordon. As good as Allen is Gordon is better in every aspect. The contract would just have to be written up to protect ourselves if Gordon has a relapse

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-01-2018, 09:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There always has to be a limit.  You cant just throw the checkbook at a player. Im sure we offer him a fair contract and if he wants to play here enough he will take it.  He might feel  like a bit of an outcast since the team made it so fare without him last year and he might want to  chase the money else where.  We shall find out  soon enough

Hopefully Dave and Tom goes after Josh Gordon. As good as Allen is Gordon is better in every aspect.  The contract would just have to be written  up to protect ourselves if Gordon has a relapse

Problem is Gordon’s not a free agent for another two years, I read.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 09:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we dont resgin A Rob, what if we go after Norwell? Rated as the best run blocking guard in the league and draft Will Hernandez and put him at RG? A line of Robinson-Norwell-Linder-Hernandez-Parnell would be dominant.

It is projected Norwell will get a 5 year 60 mil contract. 12 mil a year

(03-01-2018, 09:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 09:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There always has to be a limit.  You cant just throw the checkbook at a player. Im sure we offer him a fair contract and if he wants to play here enough he will take it.  He might feel  like a bit of an outcast since the team made it so fare without him last year and he might want to  chase the money else where.  We shall find out  soon enough

Hopefully Dave and Tom goes after Josh Gordon. As good as Allen is Gordon is better in every aspect.  The contract would just have to be written  up to protect ourselves if Gordon has a relapse

Problem is Gordon’s not a free agent for another two years, I read.

Ah, just seen that.  For some reason I thought he was

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 10:27 PM by nhiverson.)

Just franchise tag him and be done draft a replacement work on a deal or let him walk next year.
No Fun

It’s going to be super disappointing if they just let him walk...

I have a feeling he tests the market and signs a one year prove it deal with a very good QB and high pass offense. If he doesn't get what he wants in a contract offer from Jags why would he stay in this kind of offense that won't showcase his talents? He will be doubled and Jags don't want to throw the ball.

At the absolute least we need to franchise him and try to trade him like the Dolphins are doing with Landry. Supposedly there's a decent market looking to trade for him too and Arob is even better so....

(03-01-2018, 11:34 PM)Upper Wrote: At the absolute least we need to franchise him and try to trade him like the Dolphins are doing with Landry. Supposedly there's a decent market looking to trade for him too and Arob is even better so....

agree, at least something for him

(03-01-2018, 10:29 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: It’s going to be super disappointing if they just let him walk...

I agree. When you have a tag at your disposal, why would this happen?

(03-02-2018, 12:22 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 10:29 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: It’s going to be super disappointing if they just let him walk...

I agree. When you have a tag at your disposal, why would this happen?

Because they made it to within 4 minutes of the superbowl without him, I would not give him 16 mil coming off an ACL. Would rather sign Colvin

I would rather draft a dynamic tight end and and a receiver in the 3rd or 4th to go with Cole and Westbrooke than give Abob the tag

(03-01-2018, 12:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 12:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wow. I hope he’s wrong.

I don’t want to start next season with Lee as the #1.

Lee won't get resigned

What I like about Marquis Lee is yards after catch (YAC). The Jaguars were not a great passing offense last season. 3716 yards passing was around average. Yet 1922 yards of that total were YAC placing the Jaguars 12th in that category. Is it amazing that YAC accounts for more than half of our total passing yards? I don't know.

The Jaguars with 23 passes completed over twenty-five yards were at the bottom of the NFL for big catches (over 25 yards). New England was tops with 41. Detroit, Kansas City, and Washington were tied for second with 39 each.

As for dropped passes, Bortles was not top twenty in completion percentage. 

In 4th quarter QB rating, Bortles didn't crack the top twenty NFL passers.

In the measure of 1st half passer rating Bortles was tenth in the NFL. In the second half, Bortles failed to break the top twenty.

Another eye-opening stat concerning the break down in our passing game, Bortles' completion percentage late and in close games did not break the top twenty.

The QB stats indicate that the position was just as productive with 102 less pass attempts and no Allen Robinson to speak of. 

Robinson has the play where he runs down field, stops, turns around, jumps up to make the catch, then falls down on the spot. There really isn't any YAC to speak of. It's actually more indicative of a weak throw in his direction. I've never seen an offense where the object of the forward pass is for the WR to run down the field, stop, turn around, jump up and catch a poorly under-thrown toss and fall down on the spot. Is this the Jaguars' goal?

The object of long passes is to time the throw with precision so that the WR can run under it, catch it in stride and run for a touch down. 

In my opinion, the Jaguars will be hard-pressed to spend a ton of money to retain fan-favorite, Allen Robinson. Splitting the difference by signing Marquis Lee and allowing Robinson to vacate makes much more sense. Lee has the foot-speed to be a vertical passing threat. Unfortunately, we lack the type of quarterback capable of completing long throws in stride.

If we bring in A. J. McCarron he can improve the long pass. Most of his long throws are precisely timed so that the WR runs under it, catches it in stride, and uses his physicality to shake a tackle (if not fully separated) for the touch down.

I think McCarron will make the difference next year. I hope Tom Coughlin and David Caldwell with bring him in and let him demonstrate his ability to throw a long pass with precision so that the WR can run under it, catch it in stride and be off to the races.

(03-01-2018, 11:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 11:34 PM)Upper Wrote: At the absolute least we need to franchise him and try to trade him like the Dolphins are doing with Landry. Supposedly there's a decent market looking to trade for him too and Arob is even better so....

agree, at least something for him

This is the best option. Trade him to the Bears for a 2nd, Kevin White, and a conditional pick if White gets injured in 2018.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-02-2018, 01:16 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 12:22 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I agree. When you have a tag at your disposal, why would this happen?

Because they made it to within 4 minutes of the superbowl without him, I would not give him 16 mil coming off an ACL. Would rather sign Colvin
First off I would argue that he has more than the normal amount of time to recover seeing as he was injured week one. He will be 100% by the beginning of ota's. Also, considereing blakes contract and the fact we will not need room to go for another qb, we shouldn't have a problem signing Colvin as well.

(03-02-2018, 03:19 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 01:16 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Because they made it to within 4 minutes of the superbowl without him, I would not give him 16 mil coming off an ACL. Would rather sign Colvin
First off I would argue that he has more than the normal amount of time to recover seeing as he was injured week one. He will be 100% by the beginning of ota's. Also, considereing blakes contract and the fact we will not need room to go for another qb, we shouldn't have a problem signing Colvin as well.
Look ahead to 2019. Even if you cut a couple
guys to save cap the team is cap struggling if you throw 16M on it. They ain't paying Arob 16M especially since they were so successful without him. Franchise tag seems most ideal. Maybe a sign and trade. If they sign Arob I'm all for it but it's gotta be reasonable. It also means no OG.

If we don’t sign ARob then we probably have to take a WR early in the draft.

If we don’t sign Colvin, we probably have to look for a CB too.

Sure, we mustn’t over-pay, but this could have been a draft when we fixed the Oline and TE positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-02-2018, 04:49 AM)Andy G Wrote: If we don’t sign ARob then we probably have to take a WR early in the draft.

Sure, we mustn’t over-pay, but this could have been a draft when we fixed the Oline and TE positions.

I think the shrewd GMs know when to cut bait. Anyone can lock up their own players and sign expensive free agents, but a good GM will assign fixed values to and assess his own players as he would street free agents. To me, ARob already had his career year in 2015. The league responded with more double coverage, and ARob showed he’s not deserving of a Hopkins level contract (excluding Julio and A. Brown because they’re on another planet). Time to trade him and use the savings and high draft pick to build a balanced roster.

(03-02-2018, 04:49 AM)Andy G Wrote: If we don’t sign ARob then we probably have to take a WR early in the draft.

Why though? The rookie WR group got us 5 min from Super Bowl.

(03-02-2018, 05:22 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Why though? The rookie WR group got us 5 min from Super Bowl.

Because we don’t want to always be five minutes away from the Super Bowl.

With a better offense, we could be playing in it.