Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 09:35 AM by JagJohn.)

I haven't really given this too much thought but his latest comments got me thinking. I'd say the chances that the two sides can't agree on a long-term deal are quite high, at which point the Jags need to decide whether to use the Franchise Tag on him. I'd be more than OK with that, but there is a chance that the FO thinks that money can be better invested elsewhere. So my question is, if ARob does leave, what do we do at WR? Does it change how we handle Hurns and Lee? I think it would definitely change our draft strategy. Are there any intriguing FA WRs out there? Watkins maybe?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jags know he is an important multiplier on the field. A-Rob will be here either under new contract or the franchise tag. He will not be anywhere else but Jax. No matter the direction, a big bodied WR will be brought in through draft or other means to compete. Always look to upgrade.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

They'll look to replace him with Landry through Free Agency or through the draft. And they'll make the argument that we were one game away from the Superbowl without him. My problem with that though is the S.O.S looks a lot more brutal in 2018 in comparison to 2017. We face off against the AFC East & NFC East. Along with our divisional games and then I believe we're getting Pittsburgh and the L.A Chargers once again.

I think we need him. I think he was honestly the difference we needed all year because he's the big, fast, go up and get it type of receiver that Blake missed much of the year. Also, his presence on the field would have made Hurn's, Lee's, Westbrook's and Cole's jobs a lot more EASIER. Ultimately I think they get a deal done that mutually benefits the team and him. We need him. I think if anything you let Lee walk and cut or trade Hurns before you allow Robinson to walk.

In a perfect world we keep them all. But it's looking less likely. Especially with the emergence of Cole and Westbrook. No sense in tying up too much cap space in Robinson, Lee & Hurns.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I really like the guy. It would be cool to keep him but he may feel he is worth way more than the team is willing to pay. If that’s the case then you move on. That’s what the draft is for. He was a second round pick him self and it appears that Blake played better this year without him. He had to work through progressions and find the open man more often than just throwing a lob up and hoping he comes down with it. Even if we kept A Rob the most likely scenario would be that he is a high priced decoy.

I really like him and hope he stays but we made the championship game without him.

he's been wanting out since he got here, he's gone
GO Jaguars
;

(02-15-2018, 10:44 AM)majik Wrote: he's been wanting out since he got here, he's gone

[Image: bye-felicia.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We go on, just like we did this season........ when we went to the AFCC game!

If he's not here - they get someone else. They probably keep Hurns too unless that afore-mentioned someone else is a big money FA.

The way Caldwell has drafted receivers thus far, I'm not going to worry too much.

I do believe the team will offer Robinson a fair contract to stay. Of course he may get a better offer and move on.
I guess the transition tag is an option, even though it's a little steep. ($13.1 mil)

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 11:14 AM by MoJagFan.)

Sadly I'm not convinced someone else won't over pay for him.  I'm not sure he is all that and a bag of chips especially after an ACL Tear.  I think he wants out as well.  There is no well we made the AFC CG without him so imagine if we had him so lets pay him.  Honestly this team has to figure out how to get over their own play calling and move forward.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...apable-of/

Im not really sure what he is capable of he had one good year and one soso year then got hurt.

The team recognizes his value. I don’t see him playing anywhere but here next season, either under a new deal, or with a tag.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I do believe he wants out because he has been hating it here and Blake lol.

That being said I think the only way we get him to stay is if we tag him which forces him to play here next year and if we do well, he enjoys his time here, then wants to stay.

I do think we tag him though but in the small chance we don't I think we have to spend big on Landry, which honestly might be better for Bortles because unlike our other receivers Landry is good because he is one of the best at getting open. I'm not confident in this years draft at all when it comes to wide outs personally I think its a very poor draft for that position.

Not including many teams really need a #1 or #2 receiver and some even need both. That is why I believe we have to force AR15's hand and tag him because Landry is going to be to hard to obtain with all the teams that have needs at the wide out spot and he is going to get paid big bucks wherever he goes. I'm sure the FO knows that though which is why I think hes getting tagged for sure.

(02-15-2018, 01:47 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: I do believe he wants out because he has been hating it here and Blake lol.

That being said I think the only way we get him to stay is if we tag him which forces him to play here next year and if we do well, he enjoys his time here, then wants to stay.

I do think we tag him though but in the small chance we don't I think we have to spend big on Landry, which honestly might be better for Bortles because unlike our other receivers Landry is good because he is one of the best at getting open. I'm not confident in this years draft at all when it comes to wide outs personally I think its a very poor draft for that position.

Not including many teams really need a #1 or #2 receiver and some even need both. That is why I believe we have to force AR15's hand and tag him because Landry is going to be to hard to obtain with all the teams that have needs at the wide out spot and he is going to get paid big bucks wherever he goes. I'm sure the FO knows that though which is why I think hes getting tagged for sure.
Hot takes are cool now I guess. Especially when you have no evidence to back it up.

Why do people keep bringing up Landry? They're not even remotely the same type of receivers.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 02:03 PM)Rico Wrote: Why do people keep bringing up Landry?  They're not even remotely the same type of receivers.
Totally agree. 

Robinson isn't going anywhere so it's all good.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 02:24 PM by JAGFAN88.)

If Arob doesnt want to stay. Would anyone be willing to give up our first round to AZ for Larry Fitzgerald? He stated today he wants to play this year his contract is 11m. And since his coach is new and they dont have a QB would he want to come to (cant believe im saying this its pretty cool) a SB Contender. Having his HOF veteran leadership around our younger recievers just for 1 or 2 years would be very helpful in their development. he could even make BB5 better.

(02-15-2018, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:47 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: I do believe he wants out because he has been hating it here and Blake lol.

Hot takes are cool now I guess. Especially when you have no evidence to back it up.

I never stated it was fact. Please notice the key words "I do believe". Little embarrassing of you to call me out and then not even read the statement correctly.

Anyway, if you're asking why, in my personal opinion, I believe he wants out it's because I think he hates it here. He has stated a few things in the past that leads me to believe this, the one or two comments about our fans booing, him getting aggravated with Blake and even just today he was talking about free agency as if that's where he was going to end up.

(02-15-2018, 02:23 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: If Arob doesnt want to stay. Would anyone be willing to give up our first round to AZ for Larry Fitzgerald? He stated today he wants to play this year his contract is 11m. And since his coach is new and they dont have a QB would he want to come to (cant believe im saying this its pretty cool) a SB Contender. Having his HOF veteran leadership around our younger recievers just for 1 or 2 years would be very helpful in their development.

Good God no.  Trade a first round pick for a guy that's more than likely going to be playing his last year?  I've heard some great ideas on this board before...this isn't one of them.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 02:03 PM)Rico Wrote: Why do people keep bringing up Landry?  They're not even remotely the same type of receivers.

What does him not being the same kind of receiver as Landry have to do with anything?

He would be the other WR in free agency that is as good as AR15, that's why we keep on bringing him up. Doesn't matter how they get it done, as long as they get it done which they both do.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 02:31 PM by JAGFAN88.)

(02-15-2018, 02:25 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 02:23 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: If Arob doesnt want to stay. Would anyone be willing to give up our first round to AZ for Larry Fitzgerald? He stated today he wants to play this year his contract is 11m. And since his coach is new and they dont have a QB would he want to come to (cant believe im saying this its pretty cool) a SB Contender. Having his HOF veteran leadership around our younger recievers just for 1 or 2 years would be very helpful in their development.

Good God no.  Trade a first round pick for a guy that's more than likely going to be playing his last year?  I've heard some great ideas on this board before...this isn't one of them.

While i agree its not the best idea, people were wanting to give our first round for a journyman QB. Its not like its a ealy pick its almost a 2nd round pick. And im pretty sure LF value is much more then Alex Smith or cousins. believe me i have had worst ideas. I was thinking what made the turn on our Defense? a Veteran DE who came in and lead the younger players. It might work on offense with work ethics and learning the position and tricks of the trade.