Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(03-06-2018, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 10:40 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I agree wholeheartedly with this.  There are a bunch of talents who should be available in the 2nd round who match him at least, and now we can use the money to fill a need in FA.
Are you serious? Who is a guaranteed match?

Not a single player in this draft is a guaranteed match to ARobs talent. The dude is 24 years old and already has an all-pro season.

Yes, I'm serious, but I should've been more clear.

He's a second-round wideout, and he's not even the first wideout we took in the second round.  He's had a single good season, and one mediocre season.  He's been injured for two full seasons out of four.

There are plenty of receivers in this draft who are his equal or better in talent who will be available when we pick.  Now, they're not guaranteed to match him at all, but if there's one thing Dave seems capable of, it's finding receivers.

He really isn't worth the tag.  I'd pay him 12-13 per year, but the tag does not represent value in this case, especially for him to be coming off of an ACL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 11:51 AM by Cleatwood.)

(03-06-2018, 11:47 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you serious? Who is a guaranteed match?

Not a single player in this draft is a guaranteed match to ARobs talent. The dude is 24 years old and already has an all-pro season.

Yes, I'm serious, but I should've been more clear.

He's a second-round wideout, and he's not even the first wideout we took in the second round.  He's had a single good season, and one mediocre season.  He's been injured for two full seasons out of four.

There are plenty of receivers in this draft who are his equal or better in talent who will be available when we pick.  Now, they're not guaranteed to match him at all, but if there's one thing Dave seems capable of, it's finding receivers.

He really isn't worth the tag.  I'd pay him 12-13 per year, but the tag does not represent value in this case, especially for him to be coming off of an ACL.
They're not giving him the tag.

They should do their best to give him a fair long term deal. Him being a 2nd round WR really means nothing. He will be a very highly sought after WR if he becomes a FA. He's young, a great Redzone threat and now that he has proper coaching, will most likely get better.

ARob will most likely never complete the season or play 10+ games. Move along...pay Colvin

Welp, its official.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 12:19 PM by knarnn.)

(03-06-2018, 10:29 AM)jagforlife85 Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 10:30 PM)knarnn Wrote: Cap numbers have been set officially at 177.2 million. Cap space not looking as nice as once thought. Which is why we won’t tag ARob.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...3246317568

This doesn't account for the $27-$30M they can roll over from last year. They have about $47-$53M in actual cap space. with the roll over.

It actually does. I’ve cross referenced with spotrac and they have a similar number with the rollover included. 29 million is what we have to work with this year. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/cap/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We managed to win games without him. Would I like to see him back in Jacksonville? Sure. But if the front office feels confident with Hurns, Westbrook and Cole and they think they can retain Lee at a better price then so be it. The crazy thing is that some of the top receivers in this draft class are pretty big and rangy just like Robinson.

Could be looking at a guy like Courtland Sutton, St. Brown or maybe Cobb's Jr. out of Indiana. Personally I like Christian Kirk & Marcel Ateman the most out of this class though. You can probably get them a little bit later on. We'll see though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It was expected since a couple of days that the tag wasn't going to be used.

I still think that by tagging him we could have found a team (or more) interested in trading for him if we really didn't want to pay those money.
I think he's gone at this point, we'll see how they use the "savings" in FA, hopefully we can fill a need or two there cause we just added a big need at WR to the draft as well.

Just a horrible team decision. We won't even sniff the AFC championship without any weapons.

If this team doesn't sign Eifert or Graham, this is a huge loss.

A-Rob was Bortles favorite weapon.

(03-06-2018, 11:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 11:47 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Yes, I'm serious, but I should've been more clear.

They're not giving him the tag.

They should do their best to give him a fair long term deal. Him being a 2nd round WR really means nothing. He will be a very highly sought after WR if he becomes a FA. He's young, a great Redzone threat and now that he has proper coaching, will most likely get better.

No, I'm aware that the tag isn't an option.  We don't know the negotiations that have gone on, but if I had to guess, they offered him a fair deal and because he's a little full of himself, he thought he could get more.

Let another team break the bank for him.  We'll probably get a compensatory pick for him next year.

I just honestly don't believe he's necessary to our success.

(03-06-2018, 12:32 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: Just a horrible team decision.  We won't even sniff the AFC championship without any weapons.

Well, I disagree.  I think it's a good decision.   I don't think we should pay a "good" WR who's coming off an ACL injury $16 million for one season.   I think the money can be better deployed elsewhere. 

And yeah, "A-Rob was Bortles favorite weapon" during the season we were going 5-11 or 3-13, but he wasn't participating at all during the season when we went 12-6 and almost made the Super Bowl.

(03-06-2018, 12:32 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: Just a horrible team decision.  We won't even sniff the AFC championship without any weapons.

And we made the game without him...what's your point?  We were absurdly close to the Super Bowl without A-Rob.  I'm really not sure where this illusion that he's integral to our success came from.

Are we better with him?  Of course.  Can we still do well without him?  Obviously.  He's not worth overpaying.  Let another team make that mistake.

(03-06-2018, 12:40 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

And we made the game without him...what's your point?  We were absurdly close to the Super Bowl without A-Rob.  I'm really not sure where this illusion that he's integral to our success came from.

Are we better with him?  Of course.  Can we still do well without him?  Obviously.  He's not worth overpaying.  Let another team make that mistake.

Overpaying?  How are we going to overpay a WR coming off an ACL injury and a bad season?  We would be getting a bargain

(03-06-2018, 01:09 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 12:40 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: And we made the game without him...what's your point?  We were absurdly close to the Super Bowl without A-Rob.  I'm really not sure where this illusion that he's integral to our success came from.

Overpaying?  How are we going to overpay a WR coming off an ACL injury and a bad season?  We would be getting a bargain

So, track with me here.  The Jags probably negotiated, right?  And A-Rob seems to have turned them down.

Maybe, just maybe, the team refuses to overpay him and that's the problem.

I thought we are supposed to get better on offense

(03-06-2018, 05:07 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I thought we are supposed to get better on offense

Can the Jags not get better on offense without A-Rob?  

What if they sign (or draft) a stud guard, draft Hurst or Goedert at TE and draft a jump-ball receiver prior to round 4?  

Couldn't they get better on offense that way too?

(03-06-2018, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 05:07 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I thought we are supposed to get better on offense

Can the Jags not get better on offense without A-Rob?  

What if they sign (or draft) a stud guard, draft Hurst or Goedert at TE and draft a jump-ball receiver prior to round 4?  

Couldn't they get better on offense that way too?

Exactly. Still a lot of time left this off season for them to improve. And I'll trust this front office that managed to pull this team out of it's four year stint as a dumpster fire into a AFC Championship game where they actually put up a fight and showed that it wasn't a fluke. 

They could end up moving down and adding more picks this year as well. A lot to be hopeful for.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Losing Arob is gonna suck. Maybe Arob goes up and snatches the football, instead of Gilmore knocking the ball down. He was born to make those type of plays.

But who knows, maybe the knee is not as strong and he has to change up his game.

Once upon a time, we couldn't find a WR. Had guys like Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Troy Edwards, Troy Williamson, Charles Sharon, Chad Owens, Ernest Wilford, Justin Blackmon. We've been through them all. Then Arob goes out and leads the NFL in receiving TDS (Brandon Marshall tied). And he busts the franchise record. And pours on 1400 yards. So fans like myself wonder is he a 1400 yard player or a 800 yard player. Mike Sims Walker comes to mind. He had 14 TDS in 2 years and never became anything after.

We just have to trust our front office. Tom Coughlin let McCardell walk but he never out-did his time as a Jaguar.

Hopefully Hurns will be 100% this year and can stay healthy

(03-06-2018, 07:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Losing Arob is gonna suck. Maybe Arob goes up and snatches the football, instead of Gilmore knocking the ball down. He was born to make those type of plays.

But who knows, maybe the knee is not as strong and he has to change up his game.

Once upon a time, we couldn't find a WR. Had guys like Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Troy Edwards, Troy Williamson, Charles Sharon, Chad Owens, Ernest Wilford, Justin Blackmon. We've been through them all. Then Arob goes out and leads the NFL in receiving TDS  (Brandon Marshall tied). And he busts the franchise record. And pours on 1400 yards. So fans like myself wonder is he a 1400 yard player or a 800 yard player. Mike Sims Walker comes to mind. He had 14 TDS in 2 years and never became anything after.

We just have to trust our front office. Tom Coughlin let McCardell walk but he never out-did his time as a Jaguar.

If Blake isn't late with the ball Westbrook catches that.  It was well behind.

(03-06-2018, 08:09 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 07:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Losing Arob is gonna suck. Maybe Arob goes up and snatches the football, instead of Gilmore knocking the ball down. He was born to make those type of plays.

Once upon a time, we couldn't find a WR. Had guys like Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Troy Edwards, Troy Williamson, Charles Sharon, Chad Owens, Ernest Wilford, Justin Blackmon. We've been through them all. Then Arob goes out and leads the NFL in receiving TDS  (Brandon Marshall tied). And he busts the franchise record. And pours on 1400 yards. So fans like myself wonder is he a 1400 yard player or a 800 yard player. Mike Sims Walker comes to mind. He had 14 TDS in 2 years and never became anything after.

If Blake isn't late with the ball Westbrook catches that.  It was well behind.
If I remember the play correctly, Blake is avoiding the rush, buying time, and allowing that route to even have a chance.  But blame it on Blake lol.