Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(03-09-2018, 04:53 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: When was the last time the bucs even won 8 games lol. You are proving my point. You are over paying for a guy who’s position doesn’t actually result in wins. You are paying for his production and ability to sell tickets.

Now do it with Joe Thomas.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-09-2018, 04:53 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: When was the last time the bucs even won 8 games lol. You are proving my point. You are over paying for a guy who’s position doesn’t actually result in wins. You are paying for his production and ability to sell tickets.

How many wins has Joe Thomas got for the Browns. He must not be valuable at all.

Y’all are sleep if you think entertainment isn’t the driving force behind what funds the league lol. Y’all are here crying about not paying Arob for putting up 1400 yards and 14tds in a LOSING season but want to break the bank for him after not participating in a WINNING season lol. It’s like we are in the upside down world lol

Y’all got it tho I concede

(03-09-2018, 04:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:

How many wins has Joe Thomas got for the Browns. He must not be valuable at all.

Lol beat you to it.

(03-09-2018, 04:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Mike Evans just got paid 17 million per year and 50 million guaranteed.

But they aren't valuable LMAO

I've always found myself envious of the Bucs organization... Oh wait nvm

Y’all aren’t even making sense now. What does Joe Thomas have to do with what I’m saying. Based on your logic Joe Thomas plays the 5th most important position in the NFL lol. I’m not even sure what y’all are trying to say lol.

If your qb is trash it doesn’t matter wh is blocking for him or who he is throwing to example: Trevor Siemen. I’m not sure what Joe Thomas has to do with Mike Evans or the points I’m making. Based on what y’all saying he is worth that contract.

(03-09-2018, 05:01 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Y’all aren’t even making sense now. What does Joe Thomas have to do with what I’m saying. Based on your logic Joe Thomas plays the 5th most important position in the NFL lol. I’m not even sure what y’all are trying to say lol.

If your qb is trash it doesn’t matter wh is blocking for him or who he is throwing to example: Trevor Siemen. I’m not sure what Joe Thomas has to do with Mike Evans or the points I’m making. Based on what y’all saying he is worth that contract.

You literally said Mike Evans wasn't worth it because the Bucs haven't won 8 games in forever. So we countered with the obvious juxtaposition of Joe Thomas being considered the best LT of this generation yet the Browns have won even less than that.

Not sure if anyone caught it, but Coughlin briefly spoke about AROB and Bortles...
https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/97...0189900800

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 05:16 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(03-09-2018, 05:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 05:01 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Y’all aren’t even making sense now. What does Joe Thomas have to do with what I’m saying. Based on your logic Joe Thomas plays the 5th most important position in the NFL lol. I’m not even sure what y’all are trying to say lol.

You literally said Mike Evans wasn't worth it because the Bucs haven't won 8 games in forever. So we countered with the obvious juxtaposition of Joe Thomas being considered the best LT of this generation yet the Browns have won even less than that.

Boy I’m happy y’all aren’t lawyers. 

Your point was that based on a wrs salary, they are second most important player on the feild. 

I countered with their salary is primarily due to quantifiable production such as yards and tds whereas a de or cb production is less quantifiable due to pressure, qbs not throwing to them etc... therefore salary is not a good indicator of importance. I then presented examples of winning teams with subpar wideouts or less than great examples. 

Y’all then decided to present Joe Thomas and the browns winning games which has nothing to do with what I’m saying lol. Evans gets his money because he produces yards and tds but none of that has actually impacted the games in their favor. Bringing up Thomas is just a straw man because LT is like the fifth highest franchise number nor was my arguement ever about relating salary to level of importance. Based on your logic Brady is one of the least important quarter backs. See how silly that sounds.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 05:21 PM by JackCity.)

Very good WRs at the Super Bowl

2018 - Eagles Vs Pats - 1 (Cooks)

2017 - Pats Vs Falcons - 2 (Julio Jones and Edelman)

2016- Broncos Vs Panthers - 2 ( Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders )

2015- Pats Vs Seahawks - 2 (Edelman and Doug Baldwin)

2014- Seahawks Vs Broncos 2 ( Eric Decker , Demaryius Thomas)

2013- 49ers Vs Ravens 1 (Crabtree)

2012- Giants Vs Pats 3 ( Victor Cruz , Hakeem Nicks, Welker)

2011- Packers Vs Steelers 2 (Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace).

2010- Saints Vs Colts 2 (Colston, Reggie Wayne)

2009- Steelers Vs Cardinals 2 (Hines Ward, Larry Fitz)

(03-09-2018, 04:56 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 04:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: How many wins has Joe Thomas got for the Browns. He must not be valuable at all.

Lol beat you to it.

Damn!

(03-09-2018, 05:00 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 04:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Mike Evans just got paid 17 million per year and 50 million guaranteed.

But they aren't valuable LMAO

I've always found myself envious of the Bucs organization... Oh wait nvm

No problem with you arguing about the merit of it. It's a huge deal.

Only 4 of the Top 16 highest paid WRs last year were on teams that made the playoffs. AB84, Julio, Alshon, and Tavon Austin. Three of those guys were one and done in the playoffs. So of the top 16 highest paid WRs, only ONE of them won even ONE playoff game. Talk about high impact!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 05:44 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(03-09-2018, 05:23 PM)JNev Wrote: Only 4 of the Top 16 highest paid WRs last year were on teams that made the playoffs. AB84, Julio, Alshon, and Tavon Austin. Three of those guys were one and done in the playoffs. So of the top 16 highest paid WRs, only ONE of them won even ONE playoff game. Talk about high impact!

Thank you. This is all I’m saying.

Pay does not indicate importance

(03-09-2018, 05:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Very good WRs at the Super Bowl    

2011- Packers Vs Steelers 2  (Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace).

(03-09-2018, 04:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol beat you to it.

Damn!

(03-09-2018, 05:00 PM)JNev Wrote: I've always found myself envious of the Bucs organization... Oh wait nvm

Boy you almost pulled a hammy with some of these reaches lol

Cooks, Decker, Baldwin Wallace Nicks lol 70% of those guys had a couple of decent years and have been largely average which furthers my point. 

Just because you know their names doesn’t make them very good wideouts lol.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:02 PM by JackCity.)

(03-09-2018, 05:37 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 05:23 PM)JNev Wrote: Only 4 of the Top 16 highest paid WRs last year were on teams that made the playoffs. AB84, Julio, Alshon, and Tavon Austin. Three of those guys were one and done in the playoffs. So of the top 16 highest paid WRs, only ONE of them won even ONE playoff game. Talk about high impact!

Thank you. This is all I’m saying.

Pay does not indicate importance

(03-09-2018, 05:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Very good WRs at the Super Bowl    

2011- Packers Vs Steelers 2  (Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace).

Damn!

Boy you almost pulled a hammy with some of these reaches lol

Cooks, Decker, Baldwin Wallace Nicks lol 70% of those guys had a couple of decent years and have been largely average which furthers my point. 

Just because you know their names doesn’t make them very good wideouts lol.

Reaches? All of them were top 20 WRs in those years.  

They all helped their team get to the super bowl by being *very good*.  You tried argue the opposite above.  "Okay look at the last super bowl. None of those receiver would be considered in the top 20 best wideouts"

Come on man you're all over the place here.

Imagine thinking a teams record was based on the performance of one player.  (Especially if they aren't a QB).  

Come on JNev, you are smarter than this.

CC @JackCity

Only 4 of the Top 16 highest paid WRs last year were on teams that made the playoffs. AB84, Julio, Alshon, and Tavon Austin. Three of those guys were one and done in the playoffs. So of the top 16 highest paid WRs, only ONE of them won even ONE playoff game. Talk about high impact!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:00 PM by JackCity.)

(03-09-2018, 05:59 PM)JNev Wrote: CC @JackCity

I replied above.

JNev is a WR wins guy holy [BLEEP].

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:05 PM by Upper.)

And only 3 of the top 15 paid oline did. And only 1 of the top 8 paid QBs did. And only 3 of the top 10 DL (2 of them being us). Moral of the story: don't pay anyone.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:07 PM by JNev.)

(03-09-2018, 06:02 PM)Upper Wrote:

And only 3 of the top 15 paid oline did. And only 1 of the top 8 paid QBs did. Moral of the story: don't pay anyone.

I don't think anyone wants to pay a QB coming off of ACL surgery and only having 1 good year in 4 Top 5 QB money. Same with OL. Other than team success, how would you like to quantify team value of a WR?

Hey JNev:

Von Miller $114,500,000 $19,083,333
Justin Houston $101,000,000 $16,833,333
Chandler Jones $82,500,000 $16,500,000
Melvin Ingram $64,000,000 $16,000,000
Robert Quinn $57,014,895 $14,253,724
Clay Matthews $66,000,000 $13,200,000
Nick Perry $60,000,000 $12,000,000
Ryan Kerrigan $57,500,000 $11,500,000
Jabaal Sheard $25,500,000 $8,500,000
Brian Orakpo $31,000,000 $7,750,000
Tamba Hali $22,000,000 $7,333,333
Jadeveon Clowney $36,118,998 $7,223,800

How many of these guys made the playoffs? I guess they have no impact right?

(03-09-2018, 06:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hey JNev:

How many of these guys made the playoffs? I guess they have no impact right?

And one of the ones that did just got shipped out of town for a 5th rounder.

Game.

Set.

Match