Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(01-29-2019, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: You're dreaming if you think that Foles is going to have the same kind of success here.  I'd rather some other team overpay for him.
100% agree. Let some other team try to duplicate his success in Philly. That usually doesn’t work out.

If some are so on board with Foles, why not Flacco? He had a better SB run than Foles did. He’s a SB winner too.

Foles played pretty poorly against NO as well.

I was going to bring that up as well.  Especially in the second half.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2019, 11:23 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: 100% agree. Let some other team try to duplicate his success in Philly. That usually doesn’t work out.

If some are so on board with Foles, why not Flacco? He had a better SB run than Foles did. He’s a SB winner too.

Foles played pretty poorly against NO as well.

I was going to bring that up as well.  Especially in the second half.
Foles would be an upgrade. A lot of QBs would be an upgrade over Blake but I don’t want to pay Foles 25 million a year and 50 of it guaranteed. That just doesn’t make sense. 

The NFL is currently set up to win with a young QB on a rookie contract. Texans, Chiefs, Rams and Bears all had great seasons with young QBs. So unless you have Brady, your best bet is to go young with your QB but have a great supporting cast.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 12:15 PM by Upper.)

Some of y'all are really talking about giving Foles only a tad less than Cousins money (25M vs 28M AAV) after trashing how bad the Cousins has been and despite Cousins being the significantly better QB.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/statu...8205034496

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 12:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-29-2019, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: You're dreaming if you think that Foles is going to have the same kind of success here.  I'd rather some other team overpay for him.

Why couldnt he?  If we go offense inthe first few rounds we could land potential All Pros in Metcalf , Hockenson, and a few others to give Foles some good weapons to work with.  Not to mention his QB coach is here

(01-29-2019, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Some of y'all are really talking about giving Foles only a tad less than Cousins money (25M vs 28M AAV) after trashing how bad the Cousins has been and despite Cousins being the significantly better QB.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/statu...8205034496

What is it when you take out the 1 bad year he had under Jeff Fisher and add in his playoff games? The 1 bad year under the coach with the most losses in NFL history hurts his career numbers.

Here's an interesting one..

Let's say both Haskins and Foles "hit".

Who would you rather have?

(01-29-2019, 01:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: Here's an interesting one..

This is a dumb question, why wouldnt you go with the younger and cheaper QB regardless of who it is?

(01-29-2019, 01:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: Here's an interesting one..

This is a dumb question, why wouldnt you go with the younger and cheaper QB regardless of who it is?
Well they'd still have to perform but agreed.  
Lets say Haskins can be 80% of what Foles is now, which would you pick?

(01-29-2019, 02:05 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is a dumb question, why wouldnt you go with the younger and cheaper QB regardless of who it is?
Well they'd still have to perform but agreed.  

Depends, if we can get an All Pro WR with that first pick where you would of taken Haskins then I'd go with Foles and that All Pro WR

(01-29-2019, 02:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 02:05 PM)JackCity Wrote: Well they'd still have to perform but agreed.  

Depends, if we can get an All Pro WR with that first pick where you would of taken Haskins then I'd go with Foles and that All Pro WR

I'll go with Haskins and an all pro WR + TE in rounds 2 and 3

(01-29-2019, 07:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 02:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Depends, if we can get an All Pro WR with that first pick where you would of taken Haskins then I'd go with Foles and that All Pro WR

I'll go with Haskins and an all pro WR + TE in rounds 2 and 3
Round 1- Haskins
Round 2- Deebo
Round 3- BAP TE and OL

Call it a day.

(01-29-2019, 08:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 07:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'll go with Haskins and an all pro WR + TE in rounds 2 and 3
Round 1- Haskins
Round 2- Deebo
Round 3- BAP TE and OL

Call it a day.

That works for me! I'd be ok with grabbing Foles too though.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It's too bad that free agency takes place prior to the draft. My guess is the Jags would "pass" on Foles if they knew they could get Haskins. Ideally, the Jags would get Haskins without trading up and selecting less expensive "bridge" quarterback. The amount he is projected to receive scares me due to his mostly average career. Unfortunately, the Jags have no way of knowing whether the Giants will take Haskins or even another team trading up ahead of Jacksonville to select him. It will eventually come down to these options:

1. Pay Foles a ton of money with the risk he'll jut be average and force the Jags to not re-sign someone like Dareus or Gipson weakening their defense.

2. Trade up for Haskins parting with a 3rd rounder this year and 1st rounder next year. The risk of this option is obvious.

3. Sign a less expensive "bridge" q.b. in free agency and pray that Haskins falls to them. If he doesn't, take Lock or Jones with their pick in the 1st round or take a potential difference-maker like Metcalf in the 1st and the
best available q.b. in round 2 (Grier, Stidham or maybe Jones/Murray will fall to them (unlikely).

My choice would be number 3. It's time for good fortune to come the Jaguars' way and Haskins appears to be the only quarterback in this draft who has a decent chance of becoming a true franchise q.b. If he
is taken by the Giants, at least they can draft a weapon like Metcalf to help out whoever plays q.b. If the season goes badly, they'll likely have a better group of quarterbacks to choose from in 2020.

(01-04-2019, 08:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What would you trade for him?  I'd give our 2nd and LF.  Foles with this team if we stay healthy could make us DB contenders.  I'd then trade back in the first to add another 2nd that we lost.  The more I think about it the more I think this would be best case scenario.

I would draft Daniel Jones as QB at number 7. The kid has all the potential to be a franchise QB. Haskins is too soft and Murray too small. Daniel Jones!!

(01-30-2019, 10:04 AM)willybill6260 Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 08:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What would you trade for him?  I'd give our 2nd and LF.  Foles with this team if we stay healthy could make us DB contenders.  I'd then trade back in the first to add another 2nd that we lost.  The more I think about it the more I think this would be best case scenario.

I would draft Daniel Jones as QB at number 7. The kid has all the potential to be a franchise QB. Haskins is too soft and Murray too small. Daniel Jones!!

Folks want a guy who's a worse prospect than Blake was coming out over Haskins? Interesting

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2019, 01:49 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-30-2019, 10:58 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 10:04 AM)willybill6260 Wrote: I would draft Daniel Jones as QB at number 7. The kid has all the potential to be a franchise QB. Haskins is too soft and Murray too small. Daniel Jones!!

Folks want a guy who's a worse prospect than Blake was coming out over Haskins? Interesting

Yes, if we're tanking for Trevor and planning to hire Dabo in 2021 we need to go back to rock bottom.

(01-30-2019, 10:04 AM)willybill6260 Wrote:

Step 1 in #Tank4Trevor2021.

Eagles salary cap 2019. If they keep Foles on the roster they are almost -20 mil. over the cap. He would by far be their highest paid player.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia.../cap/2019/

(02-01-2019, 09:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Eagles salary cap 2019.  If they keep Foles on the roster they are almost -20 mil. over the cap. He would by far be their highest paid player.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia.../cap/2019/

This is the kind of breaking news that keeps me coming to the board.

[Image: 50940398_112726169828026_660629018526718...e=5CB75201]

I'd rather keep Bortles than pay Foles honestly.
And I'd rather draft a QB they feel can start day one over either of those options.

If Foles is a bridge he'll be an expensive one.
Bortles can be a bridge that we're already paying anyway.

Even if Foles is an upgrade over Bortles, he isn't worth the money free agency will pay him.
He average for life with like 2 or 3 really good games in the past 3 years, one of which happened to be a Superbowl.

Don't take the bait.