Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

What would you trade for him?  I'd give our 2nd and LF.  Foles with this team if we stay healthy could make us DB contenders.  I'd then trade back in the first to add another 2nd that we lost.  The more I think about it the more I think this would be best case scenario.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 09:16 AM by roycee.)

Currently? Nothing.

Remember Foles under Jeff Fisher? That would probably be what he'd play like under or current offensive philosophy.

Isn't he a free agent?

(01-04-2019, 09:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Isn't he a free agent?

Doesn't mean we can't throw a pick or two Philly's way for the rights to a comp. pick!

(01-04-2019, 09:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Isn't he a free agent?

Theres an option on his contract for 2019 I believe .

He'll be a Free Agent. He has a $20 million option for 2019 that the Eagles really can't afford to pick up and if they do he can opt out of it. Their only way of retaining rights is the franchise tag, which is bordering on $24 million I believe. It would be highly risky for Philly to go that route too. I think the most likely scenario barring another miracle run is he hits the streets as a free agent in the coming weeks

He will cost more then Bortles per year and for a stop gap thats a no from me so is Flacco, Eli, and Stafford.
No Fun

(01-04-2019, 11:26 AM)JNev Wrote: He'll be a Free Agent. He has a $20 million option for 2019 that the Eagles really can't afford to pick up and if they do he can opt out of it. Their only way of retaining rights is the franchise tag, which is bordering on $24 million I believe. It would be highly risky for Philly to go that route too. I think the most likely scenario barring another miracle run is he hits the streets as a free agent in the coming weeks

Even better.  I'd honestly do what it takes to get Foles.  Then go all offense early to give him the help he needs to succeed.

I'm with you go get foles
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-04-2019, 02:19 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm with you go get foles

Count me in on the Foles bandwagon. Still draft a QB high, though. Give Foles a one-year deal with 2nd year option. Hire Philly’s QB coach to be o-coordinator. Can’t waste a good defense while developing a rookie QB. 

Also, trade Fournette for a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th if possible. His injuries, immaturity, and lack of vision render him nothing special to me.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(01-04-2019, 02:33 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Count me in on the Foles bandwagon. Still draft a QB high, though. Give Foles a one-year deal with 2nd year option. Hire Philly’s QB coach to be o-coordinator. Can’t waste a good defense while developing a rookie QB. 

Also, trade Fournette for a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th if possible. His injuries, immaturity, and lack of vision render him nothing special to me.

Yes to all of the above!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Yeah, only if Pederson comes with. Foles with Marrone? No.

If only it was as easy as that...

We'd all sign up for that.

Unfortunately, there will probably be a couple of teams offering Foles a contract on par with what Cousins got last offseason. 

Jags would have to make a couple of negatively impactful cuts to do that.

If Foles leads the Eagles to another title they will probably trade Wentz and keep Foles. Foles is playing like one of the best QBs in the league right now and the Eagles has gotten hot at the right time. They are a scary team to play right now with Foles and that defense

Curious to see how Foles plays today coming off an injury

(01-06-2019, 02:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Curious to see how Foles plays today coming off an injury

I’m looking forward to watching him play.  I’m sure it’s a pipe dream, but I’d love to see him in a Jags Jersey.

They are paying him his Million dollar bonus, that he technically didn't make.

He will be with Philly next season.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(01-06-2019, 03:42 PM)old_man Wrote: They are paying him his Million dollar bonus,  that he technically didn't make.

They'll have to tag him to keep him.  He can opt out of the $20 mil extension by paying 2mil.

Foles will cost them around 25 million for one season  --  but they could also pay him that number and then trade him for a 1st round pick.

(01-06-2019, 03:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:42 PM)old_man Wrote: They are paying him his Million dollar bonus,  that he technically didn't make.

They'll have to tag him to keep him.  He can opt out of the $20 mil extension by paying 2mil.

Foles will cost them around 25 million for one season  --  but they could also pay him that number and then trade him for a 1st round pick.

Which I think is what’s going to happen.  That’s the only way the Eagles can cash in on his success.  It’s either that or just let him go.