Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

Now it will be interesting to see which team takes him in the top 10. Most likely, he'll either be the 2nd or 3rd quarterback taken (Haskins and maybe Lock). I sure hope he doesn't turn out like Baker Mayfield and DeShawn Watson if the Jags pass. It is certainly possible and he would be extremely entertaining for the fans to watch. That being said, I don't see Coughlin taking someone this small.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: DzJHfDdUYAAXYQP.jpg]

(02-11-2019, 03:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Now it will be interesting to see which team takes him in the top 10. Most likely, he'll either be the 2nd or 3rd quarterback taken (Haskins and maybe Lock). I sure hope he doesn't turn out like Baker Mayfield and DeShawn Watson if the Jags pass. It is certainly possible and he would be extremely entertaining for the fans to watch. That being said, I don't see Coughlin taking someone this small.

If some team takes him in the top 10, they are setting their franchise back 5 years.

Eric is a pretty decent source from my experience too...

https://twitter.com/EricGalko/status/109...9202287617

If no one trades up then absolutely... the giants love him, he loves the giants, he's a hometown kid and everyone claims He is the number 1 QB...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lol all you guys trip me out, hes just a young guy who loves both sports that was trying to make a decision that would forever impact his life. Relax, seesh. Anyway he just fully committed to football so all that talk dont matter. Bottom line he is a baller. The ONLY knock on him is height. If your gonna argue to pass on him, make a case not to pick him that doesn't include his height.....
I am tired of the "prototypical size" QB.

Byron leftwich 6'5/ 250 - GARBAGE
David Garrard 6'3/ 235 - just 2 productive yrs
Blaine Gabbert 6'4/ 235 - HORRIBLE
Blake Bortles 6'5/ 236 - TRASH

Drafting the "right" size qb doesn't seem so smart now does it.... Murray has all the tools to be great... i mean our greatest Franchise was literally our smallest starting be we ever had. Mark Brunell 6'1/ 215

(02-11-2019, 08:56 PM)Jords808 Wrote: Lol all you guys trip me out, hes just a young guy who loves both sports that was trying to make a decision that would forever impact his life. Relax, seesh. Anyway he just fully committed to football so all that talk dont matter. Bottom line he is a baller. The ONLY knock on him is height. If your gonna argue to pass on him, make a case not to pick him that doesn't include his height.....

Drafting the "right" size qb doesn't seem so smart now does it.... Murray has all the tools to be great... i mean our greatest Franchise was literally our smallest starting be we ever had. Mark Brunell 6'1/ 215

Mark Brunell is like 4 inches taller than Murray and Brunell was thick. Murray is built like a 13 year old boy. He's short and has a very narrow frame. you can say his height doesn't matter, but the frame size does. Manziel and RG3 were smaller framed, running QB's and look what happened. They kept on getting rocked, when they were hit.

(02-11-2019, 10:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...3160329216

Awe snap!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Man, I hope somebody drafts this kid ahead of us and we get to take Haskins at #7.

(02-11-2019, 10:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Man, I hope somebody drafts this kid ahead of us and we get to take Haskins at #7.

That would definitely be ideal, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(02-11-2019, 10:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Man, I hope somebody drafts this kid ahead of us and we get to take Haskins at #7.

I really think he's gonna get chosen behind Haskins and possibly behind Lock. I could see a team like Tennessee taking a chance on him. Mariota has been pretty underwhelming. I think Denver and Washington may be looking for QB's who aren't such a risk.

The equation for us to get Haskins doesn't really change if the Cardinals take Murray #1 though.

(02-12-2019, 01:32 AM)Upper Wrote: The equation for us to get Haskins doesn't really change if the Cardinals take Murray #1 though.

It does somewhat, in that it pushes the other blue-chip prospects down the order making those other teams less likely to want to trade back. The further Haskins drops the more likely we are to get him.

Of course this situation would also bring Rosen in to play, which is a whole different (and complicated) discussion.

Also, that agent that Murray just signed with? Also Kliff Kingsbury's agent.

I don't buy the Cardinals Murray story at all. Doesn't make much sense.

(02-12-2019, 08:39 AM)JackCity Wrote: I don't buy the Cardinals Murray story at all. Doesn't make much sense.

It would be kinda crazy as a move, but it's easy to see why the speculation is there considering the HC said if he had the first pick he would pick him. Kliff seems like someone who will want to come into the NFL and do things his way too. This would definitely put his stamp on the team.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 09:29 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-11-2019, 08:56 PM)Jords808 Wrote: Lol all you guys trip me out, hes just a young guy who loves both sports that was trying to make a decision that would forever impact his life. Relax, seesh. Anyway he just fully committed to football so all that talk dont matter. Bottom line he is a baller. The ONLY knock on him is height. If your gonna argue to pass on him, make a case not to pick him that doesn't include his height.....

You sound like a guy that was too small to play sports.

(02-10-2019, 11:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Talking about the guy's height is only half the problem. Wilson is 215 lbs at 5'11". He's a thick 5'11". Brees is listed at 210 lbs. at 6'0". He's not as thick as Wilson, but he's thick enough to take a hit.

I'm guessing Murray weighs in under 190 lbs at the combine. Under 185 wouldn't shock me. He's very slight, and looks like he might be fudging it when reporting as 5'9". If he plays in the NFL at all he looks like that kind of guy that will run around and make some spectacular plays outside the pocket until the first time he gets hit, then he'll be done, and the run-around guys will get hit. That coupled with his bizarre behavior regarding committing to playing football would make him a late round prospect to me. It's high time for the Jags to stop flushing picks on "maybe" guys.

Haskins is 6'2", almost 6'3"and towers over Murray. But not only towers over him, he's about twice as wide in the shoulders. Murray literally looks like a little boy.

(02-12-2019, 08:50 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 08:39 AM)JackCity Wrote: I don't buy the Cardinals Murray story at all. Doesn't make much sense.

It would be kinda crazy as a move, but it's easy to see why the speculation is there considering the HC said if he had the first pick he would pick him. Kliff seems like someone who will want to come into the NFL and do things his way too. This would definitely put his stamp on the team.

Kliff wouldn't be making the decision though. The GM would essentially be saying he was totally wrong on Rosen and that the coach knows more about how to draft than he does + Kyler is way more risky. 

The only reason Kliff is there is for Rosen

(02-11-2019, 06:58 PM)Upper Wrote: Eric is a pretty decent source from my experience too...

https://twitter.com/EricGalko/status/109...9202287617

Question. If the Cardinals do decide to pull the trigger on Murray at #1. would you consider trading away our 2nd rounder, or one of our 3rd rounders for Josh Rosen? Is Rosen "that bad" or does he just need better coaching?
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!