Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

Murray has intrigued me as of late, what do you guys think of him? The only knock on him seems to be he size and of course the baseball situation (might commit to MLB). If he committed to football i think we need to take a look at him. Very Russell wilson like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Too short. Way too short. He's like an inch shorter than Russell Wilson and probably 2 inches shorter than Brees and Mayfield. Pass.

Pass. He doesn't even have a big frame like Russell Wilson. Looks like Doug flutie.

Looking like he might come out after all

Am I the only one who thinks he won't make a decision based on his future until he sees where he lands in the draft?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I would spend our 7th round pick on him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Yeah, I figured he would mull over this. 60% 1st round picks make it to the show. He would be bouncing around in the minors for some years in buses and may not ever make it. The instant gratification of being a first round pick and being in the NFL may be too much to pass up, and he could always just go back to baseball if it didn't work out.

He definitely prefers football

(12-29-2018, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Too short. Way too short. He's like an inch shorter than Russell Wilson and probably 2 inches shorter than Brees and Mayfield. Pass.

This plus the lack of experience.  At most I'd give him a camp invite as an UDFA.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-29-2018, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Too short. Way too short. He's like an inch shorter than Russell Wilson and probably 2 inches shorter than Brees and Mayfield. Pass.

I think it's just the camera angle on his high school pick below that is making scouts apprehensive about his height.

[Image: 005_AdamReed007x.JPG]

Too short I'm fine to be proven wrong but on the Jags no thanks.
No Fun

best non haskins q in the draft imo. He's gonna be a first rounder

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 12:03 AM by Upper.)

I agree he's my favorite non Haskins QB in the draft, but it's still a large gap between the two to me. I wouldn't be thrilled with him at 7. Would still rather go Metcalf, get one of Tyree or Rypien in the 3rd round, and make sure we get the QB we want in 2020 than have any of Murray/Grier/Lock/Jones at 7.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 12:18 AM by Caldrac.)

Rumors the A's think he declares by Sunday for the draft.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-10-2019, 12:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Rumors the A's think he declares by Sunday for the draft.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As long as he isn't a Jag, I don't care.

First round lock? All it takes is one team.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ound-lock/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-10-2019, 08:05 AM)knarnn Wrote: First round lock? All it takes is one team.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ound-lock/
Someone really needed to proof read that article before posting it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We have so much luck drafting physical prototype Qb's.

Byron Leftwich - 6'5 240ish
Blaine Gabbert - 6'4 230
BB5- 6/5 236

Why not take a chance on someone not protypical? Dude has some excitement to him. Our QB pickers suck, so why not do something different? And if he turned into Doug Flutie 2.0 Jags would win a SB Guaranteed. All Flutie did was win. Too bad the NFL brain trusts couldn't see that....they get too locked into "prototypes"
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 12:14 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-10-2019, 11:50 AM)tkappa511 Wrote: We have so much luck drafting physical prototype Qb's.  

Byron Leftwich - 6'5 240ish
Blaine Gabbert - 6'4 230
BB5-  6/5 236

Why not take a chance on someone not protypical? Dude has some excitement to him.  Our QB pickers suck, so why not do something different?  And if he turned into Doug Flutie 2.0 Jags would win a SB Guaranteed.  All Flutie did was win.  Too bad the NFL brain trusts couldn't see that....they get too locked into "prototypes"

Because he's like 5'9" and has the frame of a little boy. That's smaller than any QB that has ever played NFL football. Let someone else take chances. We've been suffering so long, we need to be smart. IMO, There is one QB in this draft that has a better than average chance to succeed in the NFL and that is Dwayne Haskins. We need to do whatever we can to trade up and snag him. If not, we cannot afford to draft a QB in round 1 and have them fail. That just sets us back several years, because we'd be handcuffed into not drafting one next season. If Haskins is gone, we find another QB we like and target them in the 2nd or 3rd round. We add a free agent QB and we add another UDFA QB after the draft. Have an open competition and see what happens. If if doesn't work, we try again in 2020 at a top level QB.

It would be funny if he ends up with the Giants.