Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

(03-13-2019, 10:45 AM)Ace Nova Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:52 PM)Haterade Wrote: Will Eagles regret keeping Wentz over Foles?

If Wentz has another serious injury or a down year where they miss the playoffs, etc...there will be meltdowns in Philadelphia.  That's pretty much a given.

It's Philadelphia. They will have a meltdown no matter what happens.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2019, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:36 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: LOL!!!
You do realize in 2017 they were the 11th rated pass blocking team right? And that's without Norwell.

If they're healthy, they will be fine.

This is what I think people are missing. We got to the Championship game with Bortles. We don't need Foles to be a 350+yards and multiple TD's every game, we need him to make the key completions to keep drives going and moving us into scoring position. We are still going to be a run heavy team but now we have a pass game that teams have to scheme for. Not many NFL D's these days can cover run and pass in the same play.

Foles can do that and more, I get people are unsure but this is an upgrade. 

I just like how when he was playing for Philly he was great but now he's a Jag he's full of flaws.

Go Jags!

(03-13-2019, 12:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You do realize in 2017 they were the 11th rated pass blocking team right? And that's without Norwell.

This is what I think people are missing. We got to the Championship game with Bortles. We don't need Foles to be a 350+yards and multiple TD's every game, we need him to make the key completions to keep drives going and moving us into scoring position. We are still going to be a run heavy team but now we have a pass game that teams have to scheme for. Not many NFL D's these days can cover run and pass in the same play.

I just like how when he was playing for Philly he was great but now he's a Jag he's full of flaws.

Go Jags!
If he can avoid pressure and not just take sacks ill be happier.  If he gets killed and looks lost against the blitz unlike his eagles performance shows, ill buy more drinks.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-13-2019, 12:26 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 12:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is what I think people are missing. We got to the Championship game with Bortles. We don't need Foles to be a 350+yards and multiple TD's every game, we need him to make the key completions to keep drives going and moving us into scoring position. We are still going to be a run heavy team but now we have a pass game that teams have to scheme for. Not many NFL D's these days can cover run and pass in the same play.

Go Jags!
If he can avoid pressure and not just take sacks ill be happier.  If he gets killed and looks lost against the blitz unlike his eagles performance shows, ill buy more drinks.

I get you. I'm not booking SB week off yet but I think there are things to feel positive about. Foles is an experienced player, he knows how to read D's, he's shown he has passing ability. That's all better than what we had with #5. I think having an OC and system he is already comfortable with is a big help too. Bortles was learning a new system every other season and he struggled. Yes we have an O that needs to learn it but at least the QB knows it. 

Plus we may get lucky and not see passes flying off the back of O linemens helmets anymore.

(03-13-2019, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:36 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: LOL!!!
You do realize in 2017 they were the 11th rated pass blocking team right? And that's without Norwell.

Norwell is hot garbage.

I hope I'm wrong as the season progresses but I feel like a ton of people are hyped up on that new car smell when realistically Bortles and Foles are not that different. I know that isn't the popular opinion but you have to consider the offensive cast we have in place here versus what Phili had. Take those two at face value and compare the productivity of the two QBs and it is shocking how similar they are. I see where some say Foles can read a D...nah. Always been one of his weaknesses which is why he is usually only successful out of play action. Sound familiar? I also keep reading where Foles is really efficient at deep balls...again, nah. Bortles has more attempts and his supporting cast brings yards per and efficiency waaay down! I guess what I am getting at is that Foles is being viewed as the savior but he is mediocre even with a strong supporting cast of which he won't have here. On the flip side, we did make it far with Bortles so perhaps just one extra bit of consistency is what the front office is hoping for. This would have been a good job for our analytics department to put together. Man, I hope my gut is wrong but this could be another added to the list of FA floaters. I'm sure this topic will go back and forth until we get to see how things play out on the field.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/blake...rrent-year

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/nick-...rrent-year
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-13-2019, 12:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You do realize in 2017 they were the 11th rated pass blocking team right? And that's without Norwell.

Go Jags!

This is the trap that I think lots of people are falling into. "We made it to the AFCCG w/ Bortles all we need to do is replace him with an average QB and we're instant SB contenders again."

Unfortunately, this defense is no longer that defense, our division is no longer that cakewalk division, and we probably won't face the 4th worst team in playoff history (by point differential) if we make it back. Not to mention the unsustainable pressure to sack ratio, turnovers and especially D TDs, Bortles 18:0 red zone TD:INT ratio. There was just nothing about that season that was replicable.

This team still needs a lot of significant upgrades in addition to Foles to become true contenders.

(03-13-2019, 12:26 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 12:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is what I think people are missing. We got to the Championship game with Bortles. We don't need Foles to be a 350+yards and multiple TD's every game, we need him to make the key completions to keep drives going and moving us into scoring position. We are still going to be a run heavy team but now we have a pass game that teams have to scheme for. Not many NFL D's these days can cover run and pass in the same play.

Go Jags!
Foles is actually a pretty great QB when blitzed.

(03-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Upper Wrote:

Go Jags!

This is the trap that I think lots of people are falling into. "We made it to the AFCCG w/ Bortles all we need to do is replace him with an average QB and we're instant SB contenders again."

Unfortunately, this defense is no longer that defense, our division is no longer that cakewalk division, and we probably won't face the 4th worst team in playoff history (by point differential) if we make it back. Not to mention the unsustainable pressure to sack ratio, turnovers and especially D TDs, Bortles 18:0 red zone TD:INT ratio. There was just nothing about that season that was replicable.

This team still needs a lot of significant upgrades in addition to Foles to become true contenders.

I get your point, I meant more of we have had to play almost in spite of Bortles at times. He had that great 7 game run that got us to the playoffs but he regressed big time. I'm more saying that i see Foles as an all round upgrade on Blake. We now have a QB we can give the ball to and he may win us the game. You couldn't do that with Bortles.

I just think Foles opens up so much more for us. He is suited to the heavy PA O we want to run and makes teams have to play the pass. With Bortles you stuffed the box to stop the run and if we passed you'd either get a sack or hed hurry a pass and make a mistake. We need Foles to keep the O going, the D will give him chances. I think Foles offers us a better  chance than Bortles which hopefully means more wins.

Last year proved we aren't a walk in playoff team and the South is starting to rise again. It's going to be a challenge but Foles has played tough games and played well. He's the best option we could have taken and I think it gives the locker room a lift. Of course the WR's need to step up, Fournette get focused. 

I could easily be wrong.

Nick Foles' Thank you to the city of Philly, et al.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/...you-philly

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 04:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/11...32454?s=19

Foles to wear number 7

(03-13-2019, 04:33 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1105927258659708930

i guess logan "big leg" cook didnt want to give up #9

That crappy stat line means nothing when he didn't start the entire season. Of course he has a better percentage with less attempts. People are so stupid I swear.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(03-13-2019, 04:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: i guess logan "big leg" cook didnt want to give up #9

Foles has changed numbers with every team he's gone to, and #7 was what he wore in high school.

(03-13-2019, 06:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: i guess logan "big leg" cook didnt want to give up #9

Foles has changed numbers with every team he's gone to, and #7 was what he wore in high school.

bah your no fun Tongue

Our Team just became scary. If we draft well, TE, O LINE, Safety, the Jags could be really good. The culture just changed. Foles brings respectability and his team will believe he can do his part. The pressure will be less on our Defense, allowing for some scary stats. Teams, will loathe playing the Jags...

Duuuvvaalll.....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-13-2019, 07:12 PM)Ronster Wrote: Our Team just became scary. If we draft well, TE, O LINE, Safety, the Jags could be really good.  The culture just changed. Foles brings respectability and his team will believe he can do his part. The pressure will be less on our Defense, allowing for some scary stats. Teams, will loathe playing the Jags...

Duuuvvaalll.....

You've got to be kidding me.  We just signed an OK quarterback and have zero offensive weapons and a weak line.  Good grief, you contradict your own post within two sentences.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-14-2019, 07:34 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 07:12 PM)Ronster Wrote: Our Team just became scary. If we draft well, TE, O LINE, Safety, the Jags could be really good.  The culture just changed. Foles brings respectability and his team will believe he can do his part. The pressure will be less on our Defense, allowing for some scary stats. Teams, will loathe playing the Jags...

Duuuvvaalll.....

You've got to be kidding me.  We just signed an OK quarterback and have zero offensive weapons and a weak line.  Good grief, you contradict your own post within two sentences.

An OK QB? Really? lol.... see, right there I cannot take you seriously. Besides Brady, what QB has played better than Foles the last two  years? We are getting him in his PRIME. He is hot, the light has clicked. What a joke....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-14-2019, 07:44 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 07:34 AM)Rico Wrote: You've got to be kidding me.  We just signed an OK quarterback and have zero offensive weapons and a weak line.  Good grief, you contradict your own post within two sentences.

An OK QB? Really? lol.... see, right there I cannot take you seriously. Besides Brady, what QB has played better than Foles the last two  years? We are getting him in his PRIME. He is hot, the light has clicked. What a joke....

Yes really.  We'll see.  People are seriously overrating this guy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]