Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

$88 Million 50 someodd guaranteed
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gross

I applaud the move.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Who was really competing against us for him??

Great deal.  Pick up a proven veteran rather than rely on an un-proven rookie in a weak QB class.  Haskins falls to past #10 in the draft.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The front office finally get it right

This is a nightmare; I wasn’t opposed to the signing per se, but for that amount....we just put all of our chips on the table. It’s Super Bowl or bust these next couple seasons

[Image: tenor.gif]

Idk I’m getting a weird feeling about this

[BLEEP] me man. Dude. That's a big, BIG contract. This is going to be Kirk Cousins in a Diet version I guess. Mannnnnnnnnnn I really, really hope these [BLEEP] guys know what they're doing. I hope they spend the entire draft class on offense now.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He is getting 1 mill more then we would have paid BB5. He is only about that much percentage better then BB5. and now we have no money to spend on upgrading the offense so we might be in the same Boat~

(03-11-2019, 05:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I applaud the move.

I agree.  While I was a "move up to get Haskins" guy, I cannot hate this move.  We get a proven competent qb.  Now use those draft choices on TE, OL, and other pieces for offense.

This could really be fun!
[Image: giphy.gif]

I don’t know what to think as far as the contract. On one hand 22mil a year isn’t crazy for a starting QB, on the other who else was out there to drive it to that price.

The guys on NFL Network mentioned they didn't want to insult him by offering $18mil per season. He's a starting QB, and they wanted to pay him like a starting QB so he can get into camp with the confidence that he is the QB for us.

I'd prefer it was a slightly smaller contract, but oh well. Big improvement over Bortles.

And it's not an obscene amount. There are lesser guys with a WAY smaller resume that make more...

I initially was against it but, it's happened and I'm coming around.

He can't be WORSE right!?

Tight End from Iowa in the 1st, let's go!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I said it before we still need a offenssive line. a qb isn't any good without a line.. we need to get some offenssive lineman.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-11-2019, 05:16 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: He is getting 1 mill more then we would have paid BB5. He is only about that much percentage better then BB5. and now we have no money to spend on upgrading the offense so we might be in the same Boat~

He's that much better than Blake Bortles is at his best. The difference is that Foles can do it much more consistently. That's what we were missing the last few years.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 05:31 PM by Dixon.)

22mil /yr makes him around top 10th to 15th highest paid qb so i guess this is a decent deal.
[Image: harley-quinn-bubble-gum.gif]

I am happy about it. Good move. He gives us a good shot at winning.

Yuck.
I was hoping the Foles deal would fall apart and we go Rosen then draft a QB. History is not kind to high priced FA QBs. I'm not sure the jags go after a QB in the draft at this point. With limited draft picks, a more robust supporting cast should be on the agenda now.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]