Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 NFL Draft Thread

The NFLN broadcast didn't even have a single highlight/video of the guy... DJ said he studied over 400 prospects and this LB wasn't one of them. Charles Davis (who is always very knowledgeable) had nothing as well.

I know LB depth is needed, but as a late 3rd round pick? Maybe they do want to trade Telvin, and/or go full on 3-4 defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't believe we've gone through 2 days of the draft and the Pats have not taken a TE.

So many good players still on the table, too, even Finley, Grier.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Nothing wrong with taking a flyer. Must think he may have a chance to fit a role. A career backup QB not that exciting.

Looks to be a headhunter. An enforcer. A heat seeking destroyer. Pretty cool highlight reel
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-26-2019, 11:28 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Looks to be a headhunter. An enforcer. A heat seeking destroyer. Pretty cool highlight reel

where?

nfldraftcountdown had him as the 71st rated safety

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 11:39 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

(04-26-2019, 11:29 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:28 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Looks to be a headhunter. An enforcer. A heat seeking destroyer. Pretty cool highlight reel

where?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UFseMzfZk8

I would say our Cam Chancelor but he's about 4 inches shorter. And we got Harrison.

Dude got tree trunks for legs though. That stands out. Hints of explosiveness

walterfootballs grade is pretty funny.

they think we wrote the wrong name on the cards

(04-26-2019, 11:34 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:29 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: where?

I would say our Cam Chancelor but he's about 4 inches shorter. And we got Harrison

Caldwell specifically called him a LB and a Special Team player. He isn't here to play Safety.

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...6046516224

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...8518508544

(04-26-2019, 11:34 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:29 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: where?

I would say our Cam Chancelor but he's about 4 inches shorter. And we got Harrison.

Dude got tree trunks for legs though.  That stands out.  Hints of explosiveness

was fun to watch... but boy, this guy could be looking at the leader of the team for fines lol... he doesn't hold back at all.

There are some articles about Quinnen where he credits Quincy for keeping him in line and working hard, especially after their mother died.

He seems like a very hard worker and dedicated to football. They played Louisville in 2017 and Kentucky in 2018, but I only see one highlight on ESPN where I can even find him on the field, us the underneath zone on a TD throw.

One person commented on his Youtube highlight video before today. Someone questioning the Steelers picking him in the 5th.

I understand he may have been the last LB with starter traits on their board, but this just feels like the new pick we look back on to replace taking a punter in the 3rd round.

What happened to BAP picks if Caldwell is reaching for a LB with "starter traits"?
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 11:57 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

(04-26-2019, 11:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:34 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UFseMzfZk8

I would say our Cam Chancelor but he's about 4 inches shorter. And we got Harrison

Caldwell specifically called him a LB and a Special Team player. He isn't here to play Safety.

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...6046516224

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...8518508544
Yeah I caught that.  He does remind me of Jebrill Peppers though, for some reason. "Starter traits..." Now thats interesting.
(04-26-2019, 11:44 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:34 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I would say our Cam Chancelor but he's about 4 inches shorter. And we got Harrison.

Dude got tree trunks for legs though.  That stands out.  Hints of explosiveness

was fun to watch... but boy, this guy could be looking at the leader of the team for fines lol... he doesn't hold back at all.
I was thinking that too.  Kid has gotta stay clean.  Those are the most frustrating with our ole' team.  The guys just get so riled up and aggressive, but some stuff is just bone headed.  Somebody needs to really coach him up and maybe show a reel of fine-able hits and such.

First pick I didn't like. Ehh well, maybe he'll end up being a good sleeper (hey its happened before) or maybe he'll be a special teamer lol.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 12:00 AM by rpr52121.)

(04-26-2019, 11:55 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:44 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: was fun to watch... but boy, this guy could be looking at the leader of the team for fines lol... he doesn't hold back at all.
I was thinking that too.  Kid has gotta stay clean.  Those are the most frustrating with our ole' team.  The guys just get so riled up and aggressive, but some stuff is just bone headed.  Somebody needs to really coach him up and maybe show a reel of fine-able hits and such.

I must be missing it. I saw 2 hits that he sort of lowered his head but still hit the body. That was about it. Most of the others looked like good form tackles, just explosive. Nothing at the head or neck.

Will Grier to Carolina. Interesting.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(04-26-2019, 11:23 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: first bad pick...

Dude, wth, we could of had Grier. I'm not a Grier fan  but we could stashed him and see if he develops into something,  instead we draft a no name with no scouting evaluation who will probably get cut after the 3rd preseason game.

(04-26-2019, 11:59 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:55 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I was thinking that too.  Kid has gotta stay clean.  Those are the most frustrating with our ole' team.  The guys just get so riled up and aggressive, but some stuff is just bone headed.  Somebody needs to really coach him up and maybe show a reel of fine-able hits and such.

I must be missing it. I saw 2 hits that he sort of lowered his head but still hit the body. That was about it. Most of the others looked like good form tackles, just explosive. Nothing at the head or neck.

I agree.  Good solid textbook form tackles.  And it appears he can tackle, but ofcourse its just a highlight reel, so we obviously wont see the bad there. I'm sayin though, I hope he stays clean up in the league. You know they be trippin sometimes, all while looking out for player safety, (which really is no joke).

I respect the heck outta these men, putting their bodies on the line for sport and our entertainment (and, err.. their millions Wink.  And I seriously thank God for The NFL.  What a valve.  What an outlet for all the non-sense we all have to go through from time to time.  The NFL offseason is; foreal, truly a blessing for the blue blooded hard working american. Man woman or child. I'm ranting, but I promise you I'm serious.

Did I go too far?

Go Jags!

(04-26-2019, 11:59 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:55 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I was thinking that too.  Kid has gotta stay clean.  Those are the most frustrating with our ole' team.  The guys just get so riled up and aggressive, but some stuff is just bone headed.  Somebody needs to really coach him up and maybe show a reel of fine-able hits and such.

Leading with the crown of his helmet on almost every hit, doesn't have to be contact to the head anymore. He also picks players up and drives them into the ground. Also just a violent hitter and they are taking it out of the game.

I really hope they actually timed him because he was fast against nobodies.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk