Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trading Telvin

(04-17-2019, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: White would be the leader of this D the team needs

No way he makes it past the Bucs.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-17-2019, 09:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 09:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Telvin needed Poz' tutelage in the worst possible way last year.

... It's crucial that they either get more out of Jack this year at the Mike position or they add a major upgrade to that position through this draft between a guy like Devin White or possibly Mack Wilson later on in the draft to gain some type of instinctive and natural leadership at that position.

It was Myles Jack's first year playing all three downs at Mike. He struggled with some run fits and gap discipline. Not really a shocker.  They will absolutely give him another year to improve upon that and he deserves it IMO. 

Telvin just played undisciplined football and got punked several times by over-pursuing and biting on run fakes when he should have played coverage. 

They aren't moving those guys this year and they aren't drafting a MLB. If for some reason Jack is hurt or drops off from last year they have Ryan on the roster as a contingency, but I bet you'll find this LB corps to be just fine come September.

(I don't hate or disagree with the concept that mike may not be Jack's best position as a LB, I just think he deserves another shot at playing all three downs there and feel he'll show progress this season. His playmaking ability and impact in several games have earned him that chance.)

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 10:01 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-17-2019, 09:47 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: White would be the leader of this D the team needs

I could easily see them taking Oliver, Williams, or Allen

You have to be kidding me. Trading Telvin?

The offseason can't be this dead. It's less than a week from the draft for crying out loud...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-17-2019, 09:47 AM)Dimson Wrote:

Agreed. White to the Bucs is almost a lock.

(04-19-2019, 12:27 AM)pirkster Wrote: You have to be kidding me.  Trading Telvin?

The offseason can't be this dead.  It's less than a week from the draft for crying out loud...

Notice when this thread was posted.
'02

Well, I dont see it happening this season but next season could be a reality. Jalen has to get paid. Yannick has to get paid. Jack has to get paid. Probably not smart to have two LBs making big money so, I’m guessing they’ll choose between Jack and Smith and I’d go with Jack. Yannick’s deal is going to be massive and really limit a lot of things in the future.

As for this season... Smith stays for sure. Let’s see if he can bounce back, re add some value to himself before crucial decisions are made next season.

(04-19-2019, 12:27 AM)pirkster Wrote: You have to be kidding me.  Trading Telvin?

The offseason can't be this dead.  It's less than a week from the draft for crying out loud...

Well, last night, the guy on 1010xl (Ballou?) Speculated that Telvin was  a no show yesterday because of these trade rumors, and that Ramser was out 8n part because he wants a new deal.  He really posited this scenario where Telvin is traded for modest consideration.

He went on this long rant hashtag out this doomsday scenario.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 06:54 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-19-2019, 12:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 09:47 AM)Dimson Wrote: No way he makes it past the Bucs.

Agreed. White to the Bucs is almost a lock.

Good possibility but far from a lock.  I could see Williams, Oilver, or Allen going there.  I know they are high on Oliver. Plus it's rare off the ball LBs go in the top 5

Why would we need to trade Telvin in order to take White? I would love the White pick! He would be that Poz replacement we need. But that doesn't mean Telvin needs to be traded.... Telvin had a bad year last year, but why are we so quick to trade players after one year? If he doesn't show up this year, then talks could begin. But if that's the case, he may not have any trade value. Move Jack back outside with White or that kid from Green Bay we picked up and we'll be good (hopefully). Five O can still be a baaaaad man!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-19-2019, 10:17 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Why would we need to trade Telvin in order to take White? I would love the White pick! He would be that Poz replacement we need. But that doesn't mean Telvin needs to be traded.... Telvin had a bad year last year, but why are we so quick to trade players after one year? If he doesn't show up this year, then talks could begin. But if that's the case, he may not have any trade value. Move Jack back outside with White or that kid from Green Bay we picked up and we'll be good (hopefully). Five O can still be a baaaaad man!

well it's, "because Jaguars" thats why.  I cant be mad at fans for their opinions but this FO is laughable at times.  We think we can draft studs as replacements overnight.  I always thought it was a dream to draft a stud or even multiple in any year.  Not with this FO
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(04-19-2019, 10:17 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Why would we need to trade Telvin in order to take White? I would love the White pick! He would be that Poz replacement we need. But that doesn't mean Telvin needs to be traded.... Telvin had a bad year last year, but why are we so quick to trade players after one year? If he doesn't show up this year, then talks could begin. But if that's the case, he may not have any trade value. Move Jack back outside with White or that kid from Green Bay we picked up and we'll be good (hopefully). Five O can still be a baaaaad man!

In the White scenario it would be because a third LB only plays 1/4 of the snaps so it's a waste to have three huge investments in them. Especially since two profile best at Will.

I wouldn't do it, but if we could draft White, trade Telvin for solid value, get out of his expensive contract, and set up our LB corps with a more natural Mike/Will balance...well it's not the dumbest idea ever.

(04-19-2019, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote:

In the White scenario it would be because a third LB only plays 1/4 of the snaps so it's a waste to have three huge investments in them. Especially since two profile best at Will.

I wouldn't do it, but if we could draft White, trade Telvin for solid value, get out of his expensive contract, and set up our LB corps with a more natural Mike/Will balance...well it's not the dumbest idea ever.

Putting it that way, I understand it more. It just sounded like trading Telvin was due to last year's play; when everyone didn't play well except Calais lol. But Jack and White would seem to be better than Jack and Smith. But my fandom still has a lot of love for Smith. So part of me not wanting to trade him is that lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-19-2019, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote:

Yeah, you don't draft him of you don't trade Telvin.  Jack could get Telvins contract.  Jack at Will might be an All Pro also

Telvin is one of the fastest OLBs in the league, and a big playmaker to boot. He'll have plenty of trade value which in no way would be affected by not showing up to OTAs. The idea behind trading him is about our cap future and doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not we were to draft White. 
'02

We have no one behind him so this is moot. Probably one of the reasons he doesn't do voluntary stuff.
No pain, no gain.

This coming week we should have a better of understanding of Smith situation I think.

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...0011111424

(04-27-2019, 06:06 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: This coming week we should have a better of understanding of Smith situation I think.

That doesn't sound very positive. That sounds like they are gonna actively shop him. Maybe they drafted Quincy Williams to definitely replace him.

(04-27-2019, 06:06 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: This coming week we should have a better of understanding of Smith situation I think.

O. M. G.  

That speaks volumes!

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...63041?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."