Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody still think Minshew will back up NF7?

(09-08-2019, 11:56 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: You guys are a tough crowd.

Kid comes in and goes 22-25 for 275 and makes one, maybe two bad throws in his first NFL game with almost no reps with the 1's.

When have we EVER seen a Jaguar QB with that kind of completion ratio, no matter who we were playing?

In fact, when has anybody else's QB come in and put that kind of accuracy together no matter the score or situation? 

He sure didn't look like a rookie, and certainly not like he did in preseason. Poised, put the ball in tight spots, moved well. If that had been Foles out there doing what Minshaw did, you guys would be fawning all over him and carrying on about what a steal he was at 50 million guaranteed.

I believe he broke Brunell’s record for highest single game completion rate.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he had been one of these overhyped first round picks, and gone 22/25 for 275 with 2 TDs in his first game, people would be putting him in the pro bowl.

(09-08-2019, 06:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Mid November Foles trots out into the practice field while rubbing hands together,
“I’m all healed up. Where do we start?”

“Yyeah, Nick. Got a minute? Let’s talk.”
I'm hopeful! The kid's got moxie, he's a winner.

Probably come back to earth in houston this weekend...but I thought we were done when FOles went down. Happily surprised
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

He looked like he can be Case Keenum esque which is a huge W for a 6th round pick.

Getting the ball out on time is his biggest strength and will really help our Oline out

(09-09-2019, 08:56 AM)JackCity Wrote: He looked like he can be Case Keenum esque which is a huge W for a 6th round pick.

Getting the ball out on time is his biggest strength and will really help our Oline out

Which shows he’s got it between the ears. What he lacks in physical attributes, he makes up with quick and clear thinking. He doesn’t look intimidated at all out there.

I see Tom Brady 2.0.

(09-09-2019, 11:48 AM)H8tank Wrote: I see Tom Brady 2.0.

Heheh.  Let's not get carried away.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

It's going to be very interesting how he measures up in Weeks 2 & 3 when opponents prepare for him and study game film on his tendencies. The Texans and Titans have better defenses than the Chiefs so I'd have to imagine they will be anticipating a lot of flair passes and other passes near the sidelines, which is typical of young QBs.

(09-08-2019, 06:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:44 PM)knarnn Wrote: Not a bad debut I’d say.

Really impressive. 
I'll shut my mouth about the velocity issues for now.  Certainly not as bad as I thought. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I imagine there's plenty of crow on that plate to share...some of those throws had me eating words yesterday.

Jags going after Josh Dobbs?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Looks like we’re signing Josh Dobbs today.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

[Image: FB-IMG-1568048981641.jpg]

(09-09-2019, 01:16 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [Image: FB-IMG-1568048981641.jpg]

The Legend is real..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I saw legit fast on time accurate passes. This guy could end up being our guy.

(09-09-2019, 01:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

The Legend is real..

This will sell a truckload of T-shirts if he’s successful.

I thought this was Mac, from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

I'm actually really excited to see him play Houston this week. Too early to say, but you know we're all thinking it: "Did we just find that late round QB steal?"

Still concerned with his ability to drive the ball but I'm confident DeFilippo can help mitigate that a bit.

(09-08-2019, 04:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 03:51 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Minshew did about what I expected. He protected the ball and only got a TD in garbage time.

Hell do nicely as a backup to Kaepernick while the team gets into position to draft a QB next season.

Rolleyes
Gardner Minshew

Passing attempts:
TD–INT:
2–1
Passing yards:
Passer rating:

You got to be kidding me, you want to bring in Kaepernick and sit Minshew.  Minshew was not good he was outstanding coming in with no reps all week with the first team.  He has excelled everywhere he has played and comes in and should win the game if our defense even played a fair game,. they were terrible.