Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

He will be this year's Antonio Brown next year. Until he ends up with the Titans for a king's ransom.
No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bye bye snowflake...

Thank God all this ramsey drama  is over.......that's the best part.
Now we can go back to Jaguars football.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If he wasn’t gonna play, we didn’t lose anything. Hard pill to swallow, but we got an absolute haul in return, and cap flexibility. All in all, I’d say we made the best of a tough situation. Four first round picks in the next two drafts is verrrry exciting.

Already fired up the fanspeak website! We're gonna be stacked next year

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 02:36 AM by Eric1.)

(10-16-2019, 02:25 AM)JNev Wrote: Already fired up the fanspeak website! We're gonna be stacked next year

Next year has been the same theme for while now...

Nothing has changed..

Imagine that..

(10-16-2019, 02:33 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 02:25 AM)JNev Wrote: Already fired up the fanspeak website! We're gonna be stacked next year

Next year has been the same theme for while now...

Nothing has changed..

Imagine that..

[Image: 70777700_381885452494803_769311426725768...tagram.com]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 03:02 AM by Eric1.)

(10-16-2019, 02:49 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 02:33 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Next year has been the same theme for while now...

Nothing has changed..

Imagine that..

[Image: 70777700_381885452494803_769311426725768...tagram.com]

Except for the fact that all of you who were crying about/for trading/getting rid of Ramsey...

Literally every single one of you will be crying about how terrible the CBs are on this team going forward.. And how big of a need it is now going forward..

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 03:33 AM by knarnn.)

(10-16-2019, 03:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 02:49 AM)knarnn Wrote: [Image: 70777700_381885452494803_769311426725768...tagram.com]

Except for the fact that all of you who were crying about/for trading/getting rid of Ramsey...

Literally every single one of you will be crying about how terrible the CBs are on this team going forward.. And how big of a need it is now going forward..

Ramsey didn’t want to be here.

He asked to be traded and has been angling for a way out since this past OFFSEASON. He turned down a chance at a record setting payday after the owner of the club said from his own mouth he was will to make him the highest paid at his position. He turned his back on his team and the city by faking an injury to force the jags hand. Why is this so hard for you to understand? He decided Thursday night would be his last game in a Jaguars uniform as he cleaned out his locker after the game. Should they have held him hostage for 2 years while he comes up with every ailment and malady in the medical books and let him walk for nothing in free agency?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 03:24 AM by nhiverson.)

(10-15-2019, 09:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait to watch how this franchise continues to [BLEEP] everything up, like they always do.

And It's official.. The distraction is gone right guys? So now this team has no business losing another game going forward.

Would not surprise me if Bengals get their first win.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1183832336145760258

(10-16-2019, 12:12 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Saw this on twitter -

The Rams played zone coverage 66% of the time this season, 4th highest in the NFL.

Lovely. I hope Goff goes down and he has to deal with Bortles, losing, and playing zone.

Ya know Bortles is bad but Goff is playing pretty dang bad this year so far and Rams did a stupid and paid him 100 mill too.
No Fun

This was a terrible move. Ramsey is an All Pro. Wow

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 04:23 AM by KABD.)

Perfect.  Two 1sts and a 4th to go with so much more cap space for a headcase who doesn't want to play here.  No more divas.

The Rams on the other hand are going to go 5 years without having a 1st rd pick and are going to have huge cap problems soon.  They also have no OL for their $33.5M per season QB lol.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...8379859969

Add Ramsey's contract to that, and a new extension that'll pay him about $17M APY.

The Rams might not even make the playoffs with how bad they've looked which would make this trade even more of a steal getting at least a top 20 pick.

Some project the Rams to be even worse next season. Top 10 pick?

(10-16-2019, 03:17 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 03:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Except for the fact that all of you who were crying about/for trading/getting rid of Ramsey...

Ramsey didn’t want to be here.

He asked to be traded and has been angling for a way out since this past OFFSEASON. He turned down a chance at a record setting payday after the owner of the club said from his own mouth he was will to make him the highest paid at his position. He turned his back on his team and the city by faking an injury to force the jags hand. Why is this so hard for you to understand? He decided Thursday night would be his last game in a Jaguars uniform as he cleaned out his locker after the game. Should they have held him hostage for 2 years while he comes up with every ailment and malady in the medical books and let him walk for nothing in free agency?

Even though you're jaded and caught up in the hate train that is Ramsey... Can you blame him? I wouldn't want to be apart of a franchise that continues to support an old [BLEEP] loser like Coughlin anyways rolf.

Dude literally runs off any good players we have and throws money away at garbage players.. Pay Bortles... Pay Norwell, Pay Foles, Pay Moncrief $10m for 1 season.. Sign Lee to a 4 year deal. Run off Allen Robinson while paying Moncrief and Lee...

Refuse to pay Ngakoue his worth, even though hes actually earned it (compared to all the other signings) but they wanna low ball him. I bet he leaves as well.

(10-16-2019, 03:19 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait to watch how this franchise continues to [BLEEP] everything up, like they always do.

And It's official.. The distraction is gone right guys? So now this team has no business losing another game going forward.

Would not surprise me if Bengals get their first win.

I don't think it would surprise anybody.. This team isn't any good.
There's literally no excuse anymore if this team doesn't win these next two games. The easiest two games stretch of any team in the entire league.. Two garbage [BLEEP] teams we play..

(10-16-2019, 04:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 03:17 AM)knarnn Wrote: Ramsey didn’t want to be here.

Even though you're jaded and caught up in the hate train that is Ramsey... Can you blame him? I wouldn't want to be apart of a franchise that continues to support an old [BLEEP] loser like Coughlin anyways rolf.

Dude literally runs off any good players we have and throws money away at garbage players.. Pay Bortles... Pay Norwell, Pay Foles, Pay Moncrief $10m for 1 season.. Sign Lee to a 4 year deal. Run off Allen Robinson while paying Moncrief and Lee...

Refuse to pay Ngakoue his worth, even though hes actually earned it (compared to all the other signings) but they wanna low ball him. I bet he leaves as well.

(10-16-2019, 03:19 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Would not surprise me if Bengals get their first win.

There's literally no excuse anymore if this team doesn't win these next two games. The easiest two games stretch of any team in the entire league.. Two garbage [BLEEP] teams we play..

We better beat the 0-6 Bengals. The last time we lost to an 0-6 Bengals team, JDR blew up at Mike P subsequently losing the locker room followed by very few win over the next several years. 
'02

(10-16-2019, 04:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 04:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Even though you're jaded and caught up in the hate train that is Ramsey... Can you blame him? I wouldn't want to be apart of a franchise that continues to support an old [BLEEP] loser like Coughlin anyways rolf.

We better beat the 0-6 Bengals. The last time we lost to an 0-6 Bengals team, JDR blew up at Mike P subsequently losing the locker room followed by very few win over the next several years. 

There is little to no chance the Bengals win this game. Their run D is terrible, they have 2 starting CBs out, they have no AJ Green, Dalton looks lost.. They should get absolutely destroyed by this Jaguars team, if they even remotely show up. The Jets game should go similarly.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 05:08 AM by Eric1.)

(10-16-2019, 04:51 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 04:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote: We better beat the 0-6 Bengals. The last time we lost to an 0-6 Bengals team, JDR blew up at Mike P subsequently losing the locker room followed by very few win over the next several years. 

There is little to no chance the Bengals win this game. Their run D is terrible, they have 2 starting CBs out, they have no AJ Green, Dalton looks lost.. They should get absolutely destroyed by this Jaguars team, if they even remotely show up. The Jets game should go similarly.

That's how we always talk before we get [BLEEP] all over...

It's sad to say, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us lose to either the Bengals, or the Jets...

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost to both of them and I wouldn't be upset...

The sooner this team can dump Coughlin, the better for this franchise.

(10-16-2019, 04:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 04:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Even though you're jaded and caught up in the hate train that is Ramsey... Can you blame him? I wouldn't want to be apart of a franchise that continues to support an old [BLEEP] loser like Coughlin anyways rolf.

Probably going to happen again lol

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 06:10 AM by The Real Marty.)

If we had somehow managed to keep Ramsey, we would have had to have given him a huge contract; a contract big enough to land a top quality free agent or two.  

So in trading him to the Rams, not only do we get the two first rounders and the fourth rounder, we are now able to use the money we would have used to sign Ramsey, and instead sign one or two top quality free agents.  

So in effect, from this trade we get the draft picks PLUS a couple of players.  Think of it that way.

All right! My two favorite teams are now the Jags and whoever is playing against the Rams!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 06:10 AM by I am Yoda.)

(10-15-2019, 11:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 11:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hope Jalen enjoys those 9 annual game checks with that .CA tax rate.

Do you think Aaron Donald is crying about state tax and wishing he was a Jaguar because of it?  Probably not.

Super Bowls Rams have won with current team = 0.

Super Bowls Rams will win with Vajaylen = 0.

Let them have their bright lights, big city, and high taxes.

(10-16-2019, 06:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If we had somehow managed to keep Ramsey, we would have had to have given him a huge contract; a contract big enough to land a top quality free agent or two.  

So in trading him to the Rams, not only do we get the two first rounders and the fourth rounder, we are now able to use the money we would have used to sign Ramsey, and instead sign one or two top quality free agents.  

So in effect, from this trade we get the draft picks PLUS a couple of players.  Think of it that way.

Look at it this way: what if the Rams had traded us the two first rounders and the fourth rounder, plus for example Marcus Peters?  Marcus Peters will be a free agent at the end of this year.  What if we use some (or most) of the money we would have used to re-sign Ramsey, and instead sign Marcus Peters?  In effect, by dealing Ramsey and not paying him, we got the draft picks plus the player.

+1
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-16-2019, 05:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 04:51 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: There is little to no chance the Bengals win this game. Their run D is terrible, they have 2 starting CBs out, they have no AJ Green, Dalton looks lost.. They should get absolutely destroyed by this Jaguars team, if they even remotely show up. The Jets game should go similarly.

That's how we always talk before we get [BLEEP] all over...

It's sad to say, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us lose to either the Bengals, or the Jets...

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost to both of them and I wouldn't be upset...

The sooner this team can dump Coughlin, the better for this franchise.

(10-16-2019, 04:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote: We better beat the 0-6 Bengals. The last time we lost to an 0-6 Bengals team, JDR blew up at Mike P subsequently losing the locker room followed by very few win over the next several years. 

Probably going to happen again lol

Not surprising at all coming from you. I'd be shocked if you wanted or expected us to win.. 

I'm sure the rams could use another fan, god knows they are going to need all they can get when they suck again in the near future.