Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust

(10-22-2019, 02:34 PM)Gabe Wrote: Taylor's testimony today will likely seal the deal on House impeachment.

Please sweet deity let them bring impeachment. They will seal the landslide for Trump next year with only themselves to blame.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 04:34 PM by Gabe.)

Uggh

This is bad and it will not get better.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(10-22-2019, 03:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 02:34 PM)Gabe Wrote: Taylor's testimony today will likely seal the deal on House impeachment.

Please sweet deity let them bring impeachment. They will seal the landslide for Trump next year with only themselves to blame.

Be careful what you wish for.
Also, maybe it is time to bring your crystal ball in for servicing.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-22-2019, 04:14 PM)Gabe Wrote: Uggh

So nothing?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-21-2019, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 12:51 PM)ferocious Wrote: The fact that we allowed Russian interference in determining who would be elected president of the United States in 2016 is an affront to the Constitution, the rule of law, due process, and common decency.

We will not let it happen again in 2020.

But how are you going to stop the Democrats this time?
Actually the fact is that everyone admitted... Democrats.. Republicans and even investigation committees... FBI CIA etc.. that the Russians had NO change in the outcome of the election....

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 06:57 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-22-2019, 04:14 PM)Gabe Wrote: Uggh

LOL, ok. Take a pill for that TDS.

"We got him now!"

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 07:34 PM by jj82284.)

Bill Taylor's had the time turner?

How many times are we going to hear, I was told, I heard, I understood etc.?

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 07:44 PM by mikesez.)

(10-22-2019, 06:26 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But how are you going to stop the Democrats this time?
Actually the fact is that everyone admitted... Democrats.. Republicans and even investigation committees... FBI CIA etc.. that the Russians had NO change in the outcome of the election....

It depends what question they're asking.
Did they mess with the vote counting? No.
Did they mess with the voter rolls, adding fake voters or taking away real voters? No.
Did they influence media and advertisements to change people's minds about how they were going to vote? Absolutely. 
How many people or votes were affected? No one knows.

Robert Mueller did everything that could possibly be done to punish the people who did this, but they're in Russia.  Mueller tried to see if Trump's people colluded, and there was no evidence.  In spite of this, Trump did obstruct justice, trying to prevent Mueller from receiving honest testimony.

All that said, the world has moved on.  It no longer matters if Trump's people colluded with Russians in 2016. There is no doubt that he tried to co-opt the Ukrainians for the sole purpose of helping his reelection chances in 2020.  no need to discuss what is ambiguous when we can discuss what we are certain of.

(10-22-2019, 07:23 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Bill Taylor's had the time turner?

Dude, I know you think that this one version of the timeline that has a little quirk in it is the only possible version of the timeline, and that all the relevant events are in it, you but you are the only one who thinks this.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

New post with link to opening statement.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-22-2019, 07:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 06:26 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Actually the fact is that everyone admitted... Democrats.. Republicans and even investigation committees... FBI CIA etc.. that the Russians had NO change in the outcome of the election....

Did they mess with the voter rolls, adding fake voters or taking away real voters? No.
Did they influence media and advertisements to change people's minds about how they were going to vote? Absolutely. 

Robert Mueller did everything that could possibly be done to punish the people who did this, but they're in Russia.  Mueller tried to see if Trump's people colluded, and there was no evidence.  In spite of this, Trump did obstruct justice, trying to prevent Mueller from receiving honest testimony.

All that said, the world has moved on.  It no longer matters if Trump's people colluded with Russians in 2016. There is no doubt that he tried to co-opt the Ukrainians for the sole purpose of helping his reelection chances in 2020.  no need to discuss what is ambiguous when we can discuss what we are certain of.

Dude, I know you think that this one version of the timeline that has a little quirk in it is the only possible version of the timeline, and that all the relevant events are in it, you but you are the only one who thinks this.

There's no doubt that he tried to co-opt the ukrainians?? Really I didn't know he was found guilty you must have some kind of source?? Actually if you listen to the transcripts it doesn't prove any of that.... I'm pretty sure they're trying to get information on an investigation about  Biden and Ukraine.... And second of all if your vote is persuaded by something that you read on Facebook or some other news outlet and didn't follow up...and fact check to make your own decision then we'll you're just stupid.... Personally don't think the Russians had anything to do with the election.... I think it was all made up...we know the whole dossier was... and whole Russian collusion was.... So what the Russians posted a few ads on Facebook and that changed the election results...lol come on man really??

We should be more concerned about 2020 at this time.
William Taylor, the acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, testified today before the House Intelligence Committee,
despite State Department objections.

I present a link to the ambassador's opening statement, without any further comment.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/...ement.html

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 08:57 PM by nejagsfan.)

(10-21-2019, 03:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yep. Meanwhile, in sunny CA, they’ve legalized ballot harvesting. Sergei ain’t got nothin’ on the left coasties.

There's nothing wrong with ballot harvesting per se.  So long as only people like notaries can do the harvesting, and the harvesters are audited.  Both parties are free to harvest ballots in CA, you know. 
But it does show why we should be more skeptical of national popular vote.  A state that does vote by mail shouldn't be added in with a state that only does voting on election day and in-person only, etc.

(10-21-2019, 01:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's sad that you think the Russians had anything to do with our elections.

If people are stupid enough to be fooled by really terrible, badly written memes..... well... that's no one's fault but their own.

Just like when Obama decided to interfere with the Israel's elections.... if that fooled anyone enough to vote for the other guy... that's on them.

There's no such thing as interference unless it's actual voter fraud or cyber intrusions.

It's illegal under US law for foreigners to buy US political ads.  
We indicted a handful of Russians for this, but, they were never on US soil and never will be, so nothing will come of it.  
If we are going to keep this law, we need one more to go with it.  It should be illegal for websites to run political ads without first making sure that the money comes from the US.

Actually they wanted to... The Russians that were indicted wanted to come over and testify... Cuomo said it wasn't necessary...you guys really need to start paying attention a little bit more and listen to both sides of the story.... The FBI literally denied them from coming over to testify...

(10-21-2019, 01:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 12:51 PM)ferocious Wrote: The fact that we allowed Russian interference in determining who would be elected president of the United States in 2016 is an affront to the Constitution, the rule of law, due process, and common decency.

We will not let it happen again in 2020.

It's sad that you think the Russians had anything to do with our elections.

If people are stupid enough to be fooled by really terrible, badly written memes..... well... that's no one's fault but their own.

Just like when Obama decided to interfere with the Israel's elections.... if that fooled anyone enough to vote for the other guy... that's on them.

There's no such thing as interference unless it's actual voter fraud or cyber intrusions.

Couldn't have said it better myself... This whole thing is a joke

So explain to me how Russia would benefit by having Trump in office over Hillary.... I think that's the real question... Why the hell would Russia try to interfere with an election to get Trump elected... Really!!?? does that make any sense at all to anybody??

(10-22-2019, 07:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 06:26 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Actually the fact is that everyone admitted... Democrats.. Republicans and even investigation committees... FBI CIA etc.. that the Russians had NO change in the outcome of the election....

Liar.... liar... liar....

(10-22-2019, 08:53 PM)ferocious Wrote: We should be more concerned about 2020 at this time.
William Taylor, the acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, testified today before the House Intelligence Committee,

I present a link to the ambassador's opening statement, without any further comment.

"I was told x.  I was alarmed when I heard it.  I was understood it to mean y.  Blah blah blah"

#transcript
#starchamber

Ambassador, do u have any evidence that the Ukrainians actually KNEW the side was being withheld?  

"No I have no direct knowledge" 

#timeturner
#basiclogic
#dog&ponyshow
#pearlclutching

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 09:24 PM by ferocious.)

(10-22-2019, 09:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: So explain to me how Russia would benefit by having Trump in office over Hillary.... I think that's the real question... Why the hell would Russia try to interfere with an election to get Trump elected... Really!!?? does that make any sense at all to anybody??

Russia knew that Trump would be their pawn in Ukraine and assist them with Turkey and Syria.
They knew that they could use him, unwittingly, or not, with their expansion into eastern Europe,
and to expand their influence in the Middle East, by filling the void left by Trump's corruption and ineptitude.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 09:50 PM by mikesez.)

(10-22-2019, 09:14 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 08:53 PM)ferocious Wrote: We should be more concerned about 2020 at this time.

"I was told x.  I was alarmed when I heard it.  I was understood it to mean y.  Blah blah blah"

#transcript
#starchamber

Ambassador, do u have any evidence that the Ukrainians actually KNEW the side was being withheld?  

"No I have no direct knowledge" 

#timeturner
#basiclogic
#dog&ponyshow
#pearlclutching

A witness may testify about what he did and said and what others did.
Testifying about what others said is not allowed, unless the speech itself would be a crime.
Speculating about the state of mind that others are in is definitely not allowed.
Also, if a completed action is a crime, usually the attempted action is also a crime. So it's interesting if the Ukraine did not know, but not exonerating.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-22-2019, 09:17 PM)ferocious Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 09:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: So explain to me how Russia would benefit by having Trump in office over Hillary.... I think that's the real question... Why the hell would Russia try to interfere with an election to get Trump elected... Really!!?? does that make any sense at all to anybody??

Russia knew that Trump would be their pawn in Ukraine and assist them with Turkey and Syria.
They knew that they could use him, unwittingly, or not, with their expansion into eastern Europe,
and to expand their influence in the Middle East, by filling the void left by Trump's corruption and ineptitude.

Lolllllz.  

Pawn in Ukraine?  The lie detector test determined that was a LIE!  The Trump administration sold them weapons and agreed to aid that the previous administration wouldn't.  The president of Ukraine singled us out as the single biggest supporter of ukraine.  

Assist them with Syria?  The lie detector test determined that was a LIE!  What's the over under 4 public support to reinstitute the draft to hack off part of Turkey and syria to make KURDISTAN?  what?  10%  Our presence in Syria was solely predicated on fighting ISIS, and the caliphate was utterly obliterated.  We no longer have a vested national interest in Syria to mitigate a century old sectarian border dispute.  

Moreover, gasoline is less than 2.50, the president is advocating the global expansion of our oil and natural gas resources, NATO is the best funded in its history, the Ukraine is being armed and supported at the best level since the invasion of Crimea, their client state in IRAN has been isolated from the world economy, and as China we are going to have even GREATER influence over the world markets.  

Some puppett?

Even more important, Kremlin affiliates contributed to the Steelers dossier, which lead to 2.5 years of investigations and was INTENDED as an October surprise to end his campaign.  Really tipping the scales in his favor huh?

(10-22-2019, 09:17 PM)ferocious Wrote:

Lol....ok that's I'm pretty far reach...yet Hillary who has been knowing to do deals with the Russians in the past wouldn't have been a better candidate... I think you got the wrong person

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 07:44 AM by The Real Marty.)

I think Putin wanted to pull off the biggest dirty trick of all time.  The result would be to sow chaos and polarization in the Western democracies.  Not to mention putting someone completely incompetent at the head of Russia's biggest geopolitical adversary.  This enables him to do what he wants in the Crimea, in Ukraine, in Syria, and elsewhere.  He also wants to fracture Nato, which he considers a threat to his ambitions in Eastern Europe.

And so far, he's succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. 

The Russians actually covertly supported both sides in the controversy over the NFL players kneeling down for the national anthem!  That shows what they're after- polarization in the western world.