Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust

Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust

A website and eventbrite.com promoted rallies in Washington, DC, and other cities across the country to take place Monday to push for the impeachment of President Donald Trump – but no one showed up for the one at the Capitol.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/...ts-a-bust/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"I double-dog dare you..."

Too funny.

Apparently everyone is ok with Trump using the power of the Presidency to blackmail a foreign government into helping him get dirt on a political opponent.

Please don't claim fake news, the moron admits it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-23-2019, 04:36 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Apparently everyone is ok with Trump using the power of the Presidency to blackmail a foreign government into helping him get dirt on a political opponent.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-23-2019, 05:53 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:36 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Apparently everyone is ok with Trump using the power of the Presidency to blackmail a foreign government into helping him get dirt on a political opponent.

It's true that Joe Biden got money withheld from the Ukraine until one of their prosecutors was fired.
But that prosecutor had already ended the investigation that involved his son.
His son was already out of trouble when Biden did this.
Biden may have withheld the money out of pure vindictiveness, but other players in Europe also thought the guy was too corrupt to continue serving.  Were they all in on it together? Perhaps.
Are these the kind of convoluted and nepotistic moral gray areas that Trump really wants the American political discourse to be exploring?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Lol. He's ending the previous administration's corruption and he needs to do a bunch more of the same. It would be great to watch you guys collapse if he had Justice indict Biden and Oblahblah on corruption charges.

(09-23-2019, 08:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 05:53 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

It's true that Joe Biden got money withheld from the Ukraine until one of their prosecutors was fired.
Biden may have withheld the money out of pure vindictiveness, but other players in Europe also thought the guy was too corrupt to continue serving.  Were they all in on it together? Perhaps.
Are these the kind of convoluted and nepotistic moral gray areas that Trump really wants the American political discourse to be exploring?

Right on schedule you're here to defend the Democrats!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-23-2019, 08:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's true that Joe Biden got money withheld from the Ukraine until one of their prosecutors was fired.

That's gold Jerry, gold!! Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-23-2019, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Lol. He's ending the previous administration's corruption and he needs to do a bunch more of the same. It would be great to watch you guys collapse if he had Justice indict Biden and Oblahblah on corruption charges.

(09-23-2019, 08:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's true that Joe Biden got money withheld from the Ukraine until one of their prosecutors was fired.

Um, that was not a defense of any Democrat.  I leave open the possibility that Joe Biden was being vindictive, or that he still thought his son might be in trouble even though he wasn't.  We don't know that yet.  We'd have to look at the motives of the other players who also wanted that prosecutor fired.  
I am saying that this is all a complicated and convoluted story that is going to end up touching on a few people connected to Trump before it's done being told.

(09-23-2019, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol. He's ending the previous administration's corruption and he needs to do a bunch more of the same. It would be great to watch you guys collapse if he had Justice indict Biden and Oblahblah on corruption charges.

Um, that was not a defense of any Democrat.  I leave open the possibility that Joe Biden was being vindictive, or that he still thought his son might be in trouble even though he wasn't.  We don't know that yet.  We'd have to look at the motives of the other players who also wanted that prosecutor fired.  
I am saying that this is all a complicated and convoluted story that is going to end up touching on a few people connected to Trump before it's done being told.

Lol, not defending Dems but always trying to diminish Trump to their benefit.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Is there nothing the lunatic left can do besides stump for Trump?

Dear God... Trump wasn't anywhere near my first choice... but the left is making him the only choice, just like last time.

They have learned absolutely NOTHING...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(09-23-2019, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol. He's ending the previous administration's corruption and he needs to do a bunch more of the same. It would be great to watch you guys collapse if he had Justice indict Biden and Oblahblah on corruption charges.

So here's the brief list of questions regarding this matter that are circulating this morning. Would you care to put your spin on the answers so we can see where you stand?

Did Hunter Biden have sketchy business dealings in Ukraine? 
Did he benefit financially from those arrangements? 
Were any Ukrainian companies he worked for being investigated? 
Did his father, as the vice president of the United States, personally intervene to shut down Ukrainian officials who were investigating Hunter Biden’s Ukrainian business arrangements?

Was the Ukranian prosecutor named Corn Pop?

(09-24-2019, 11:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Um, that was not a defense of any Democrat.  I leave open the possibility that Joe Biden was being vindictive, or that he still thought his son might be in trouble even though he wasn't.  We don't know that yet.  We'd have to look at the motives of the other players who also wanted that prosecutor fired.  

So here's the brief list of questions regarding this matter that are circulating this morning. Would you care to put your spin on the answers so we can see where you stand?

Did his father, as the vice president of the United States, personally intervene to shut down Ukrainian officials who were investigating Hunter Biden’s Ukrainian business arrangements?

Is any of that relevant questions of American law, or is all of it relevant to questions of Ukrainian law only?

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 12:17 PM by B2hibry.)

(09-24-2019, 12:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 11:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So here's the brief list of questions regarding this matter that are circulating this morning. Would you care to put your spin on the answers so we can see where you stand?

Is any of that relevant questions of American law, or is all of it relevant to questions of Ukrainian law only?
Man, you could have at least tried to think about those questions. The fact you have to ask if they apply from a U.S. law perspective really just proves FSG's point.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Has anyone seen the transcript of the phone call or the whistleblower complaint?

Asking for a friend.

(09-24-2019, 12:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone seen the transcript of the phone call or the whistleblower complaint?

Asking for a friend.
They'll have to get with Schiff for that...just sayin'.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 12:43 PM by mikesez.)

Here's the part that no one disputes.
Donald Trump pressured the President of the Ukraine to open an investigation into Hunter Biden.
He did not do this in the interest of shareholders in the Ukrainian company, or ordinary Ukrainian citizens, or ordinary American citizens. He only did this to hurt a political rival.

If there was probable cause that Hunter Biden had violated US code, our DOJ would be investigating, and it would be appropriate for our people to reach out to the Ukrainians and get them to share evidence.

Similarly, if a Ukrainian prosecutor was trying to investigate him, it may be appropriate for us to share evidence that we have access to.

It is wrong to try to get another country's prosecutor fired just to protect one's own children. It is also wrong to try to force another country's prosecutors to investigate something that is more a matter of US politics than world trade or human rights. Both of these things are equally wrong. And they're independently wrong. That is, the first cannot justify the second, nor can the second justify the first.

(09-24-2019, 12:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone seen the transcript of the phone call or the whistleblower complaint?

Asking for a friend.

Of course not, that would put an end to all this nonsense without the two year, multi-million dollar, waste of time Special Counsel.

I think the Ukraine stuff is going to get him impeached. But of course the Senate will not convict him.

(09-24-2019, 01:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the Ukraine stuff is going to get him impeached.   But of course the Senate will not convict him.

I agree this is the most likely scenario.

The big question is, do voters punish either party for that in 2020? 

Some Republican Senators might be punished for voting no, while other Republican Senators might be punished for voting yes.

It's a foregone conclusion that Nancy Pelosi will still be speaker after the 2020 elections.  If Trump wins re-election, she can always impeach a second time.  Double jeopardy doesn't apply to impeachment.