Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2019, 06:14 PM by mikesez.)

(12-14-2019, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 01:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: If Trump gets no punishment for asking Ukraine to become an arm of his reelection campaign, he's going to get other countries involved in attacking Democratic candidates next.

Who cares if Al Green is right or wrong. Debate the point I'm actually making, please.

Except... he didn't.

And when he brings Israel or the UK or Guatemala into his next scheme you will deny that reality too.

"of course he lower tariffs against China after their government flooded Twitter and Facebook with anti-Democrat messages. China showed they were willing to help the US!"

You're a joke, but it's not funny.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2019, 08:17 PM by jj82284.)

(12-14-2019, 06:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Except... he didn't.

And when he brings Israel or the UK or Guatemala into his next scheme you will deny that reality too.

"of course he lower tariffs against China after their government flooded Twitter and Facebook with anti-Democrat messages.  China showed they were willing to help the US!"

#TDS
#1.5BILLIONHUNTEROHHUNTER
#CHINALOSTTHETRADEWAR

(12-14-2019, 01:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:49 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: What was it that Trump said about racism after Charlottesville?  Let's see if you can tell the truth.

If Trump gets no punishment for asking Ukraine to become an arm of his reelection campaign, he's going to get other countries involved in attacking Democratic candidates next.

Who cares if Al Green is right or wrong. Debate the point I'm actually making, please.

You're not making a point.  That implies rationality.  You're expressing a fantasy based on irrational hatred.  

Tell us how the impeachment threshold should be lower than a criminal standard again? 

What about it not being in the national interest to fulfill our treaty obligations.

Come on.  I need a laugh.

(12-14-2019, 08:14 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 06:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: And when he brings Israel or the UK or Guatemala into his next scheme you will deny that reality too.

"of course he lower tariffs against China after their government flooded Twitter and Facebook with anti-Democrat messages.  China showed they were willing to help the US!"

#TDS
#CHINALOSTTHETRADEWAR

(12-14-2019, 01:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: If Trump gets no punishment for asking Ukraine to become an arm of his reelection campaign, he's going to get other countries involved in attacking Democratic candidates next.

You're not making a point.  That implies rationality.  You're expressing a fantasy based on irrational hatred.  

Tell us how the impeachment threshold should be lower than a criminal standard again? 

What about it not being in the national interest to fulfill our treaty obligations.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's irrational.  No one has monopoly on reason.

(12-14-2019, 11:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 08:14 PM)jj82284 Wrote: #TDS
#CHINALOSTTHETRADEWAR

Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's irrational.  No one has monopoly on reason.

2+2=4

If you think its 5 you're objectively wrong.  In the case of impeaching a president for fulfilling his oath of office to faithfully execute the laws of the united states & honor our treaty obligations to fight corruption then on its face the whole thing is absurd!  

He asked a foreign power to "spearhead his reelection" or some such nonsense.   There's no such thing as immunity for prospective presidential candidates: that's like saying 2+2=5.  40 plus pages in & no one disputes there's probable cause to look @ the Bidens.  George Kent testified he had to block money going to Burisma it smelled so bad.  John Kerry's son stopped doing business with Hunter because it smelled so bad.  

The owner of the company was named by obama era ambassadors as the most corrupt oligarch in Ukraine.  They get billions and billions of us loan guarantees that dont get paid back.  We get nothing. Bidens son gets 3 million dollars in his pocket.  That's all okay....  Trump asks about and THAT'S impeachable?  It's a joke.  

Its do bad you have a democrat considering switching parties to avoid the fallout.  Dont get me going into process again.  It's a disgrace!  Everyone who bought this grand jury nonsense should be ashamed of themselves.  Under federal rules of evidence hearsay isn't allowed.  If a prosecutor fabricated or altered a statement the way the Democrats have done repeatedly they would be disbarred and thrown in jail.  Go read up on John Miranda.  Look at how we treat rapists murderers and terrorists in this country.  Centuries of common law tradition and precedent based on the god given right to due process and you people want to throw it out to investigate a phone call you have the transcript of?  

But TRUMPS the threat to the constitution?

(12-15-2019, 02:42 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's irrational.  No one has monopoly on reason.

2+2=4

If you think its 5 you're objectively wrong.  In the case of impeaching a president for fulfilling his oath of office to faithfully execute the laws of the united states & honor our treaty obligations to fight corruption then on its face the whole thing is absurd!  

He asked a foreign power to "spearhead his reelection" or some such nonsense.   There's no such thing as immunity for prospective presidential candidates: that's like saying 2+2=5.  40 plus pages in & no one disputes there's probable cause to look @ the Bidens.  George Kent testified he had to block money going to Burisma it smelled so bad.  John Kerry's son stopped doing business with Hunter because it smelled so bad.  

The owner of the company was named by obama era ambassadors as the most corrupt oligarch in Ukraine.  They get billions and billions of us loan guarantees that dont get paid back.  We get nothing. Bidens son gets 3 million dollars in his pocket.  That's all okay....  Trump asks about and THAT'S impeachable?  It's a joke.  

Its do bad you have a democrat considering switching parties to avoid the fallout.  Dont get me going into process again.  It's a disgrace!  Everyone who bought this grand jury nonsense should be ashamed of themselves.  Under federal rules of evidence hearsay isn't allowed.  If a prosecutor fabricated or altered a statement the way the Democrats have done repeatedly they would be disbarred and thrown in jail.  Go read up on John Miranda.  Look at how we treat rapists murderers and terrorists in this country.  Centuries of common law tradition and precedent based on the god given right to due process and you people want to throw it out to investigate a phone call you have the transcript of?  

Oh gosh I guess I get to be the first.
There's no probable cause to look at the Bidens.
If there was, one of our federal prosecutors would have been looking into them. And they would have requested cooperation from one of Ukraine's prosecutors, going through the normal channels.

(12-15-2019, 08:11 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 02:42 AM)jj82284 Wrote: 2+2=4

Oh gosh I guess I get to be the first.
If there was, one of our federal prosecutors would have been looking into them. And they would have requested cooperation from one of Ukraine's prosecutors, going through the normal channels.

Lol, you know damn well the President did nothing wrong. Magnificent troll job to keep people entertaining you for weeks now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-15-2019, 10:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:11 AM)mikesez Wrote: Oh gosh I guess I get to be the first.

Lol, you know damn well the President did nothing wrong. Magnificent troll job to keep people entertaining you for weeks now.

You doubt my sincerity and that hurts my feelings.
If you believe nothing else that I say, believe this one thing: that I believe what I say.

I could be persuaded that Trump did nothing wrong regarding Ukraine, but the limited evidence we have says to me he did a lot of things wrong. Very wrong. the type of things that undercut at the principle of fair play in a political campaign.

But if they could show that a federal prosecutor was already investigating Joe Biden before any of this started, and that this prosecutor was not pressured by anyone to start the investigation, that he just followed evidence as he saw it, that would get me at least some of the way there towards believing Trump's side of the story.

(12-15-2019, 02:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 10:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you know damn well the President did nothing wrong. Magnificent troll job to keep people entertaining you for weeks now.

You doubt my sincerity and that hurts my feelings.
If you believe nothing else that I say, believe this one thing: that I believe what I say.

I could be persuaded that Trump did nothing wrong regarding Ukraine, but the limited evidence we have says to me he did a lot of things wrong. Very wrong. the type of things that undercut at the principle of fair play in a political campaign.

But if they could show that a federal prosecutor was already investigating Joe Biden before any of this started, and that this prosecutor was not pressured by anyone to start the investigation, that he just followed evidence as he saw it, that would get me at least some of the way there towards believing Trump's side of the story.

2+2=7

The president of the united states answers to the justice department, not the other way around.  

2+2=9 

A US attorney facilitates his own diplomacy with international counterparts and the president is an IRREGULAR CHANNEK

2+2=17 

The president fulfilling our TREATY OBLIGATIONS to facilitate cooperation with Ukrainian counterparts is superceded by Joe Biden starting an exploratory committee.  

2+2=27 

The president's statutory obligation to ensure that US aid isn't given to a corrupt country or used for corrupt purposes should be waved because Joe Biden decided to run for president.  

30 pages ago u could be forgiven for ignorance, now you're just hanging on to the last fig leaf of irrational TDS fantasies.

That isn’t how probable cause works.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 04:39 PM by mikesez.)

(12-15-2019, 03:53 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

That isn’t how probable cause works.

Oh pray tell, how does it work?

(12-15-2019, 02:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 02:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: You doubt my sincerity and that hurts my feelings.

2+2=7

The president of the united states answers to the justice department, not the other way around.  

2+2=9 

A US attorney facilitates his own diplomacy with international counterparts and the president is an IRREGULAR CHANNEK

2+2=17 

The president fulfilling our TREATY OBLIGATIONS to facilitate cooperation with Ukrainian counterparts is superceded by Joe Biden starting an exploratory committee.  

2+2=27 

The president's statutory obligation to ensure that US aid isn't given to a corrupt country or used for corrupt purposes should be waved because Joe Biden decided to run for president.  

30 pages ago u could be forgiven for ignorance, now you're just hanging on to the last fig leaf of irrational TDS fantasies.

2 + 2 = 4

But only if we know that the first thing is really a two, and that the second thing is really a two as well, and that they are the same type of thing. Two gala apples plus two Fuji apples, add them together and make four, sure. Two Fuji apples plus two Toyota Corollas - why are we adding those together?

(12-15-2019, 04:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 03:53 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: That isn’t how probable cause works.

Oh pray tell, how does it work?

(12-15-2019, 02:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote: 2+2=7

2+2=9 

2+2=17 

2+2=27 

2 + 2 = 4

But only if we know that the first thing is really a two, and that the second thing is really a two as well, and that they are the same type of thing. Two gala apples plus two Fuji apples, add them together and make four, sure. Two Fuji apples plus two Toyota Corollas - why are we adding those together?

Probable cause exist whether or not the prosecution, or investigation into, of a crime happens. It’s a violation of the criminal statue; it isn’t dependent on anything except if the actions one took meet a reasonable belief a crime occurred.

A prosecutor doesn’t have to announce it for it to exist.

Nobody is saying that running for president magically makes Joe Biden immune from investigation or prosecution. if reasonable suspicion or probable cause existed that Joe Biden had committed a crime, the matter would be discussed discretely between investigators and prosecutors. if the president had even an ounce of discretion or scruples, as each of the previous 44 presidents seems to have had, the president would avoid attending any meetings about the matter. He would not want to be accused of starting the investigation merely to spy on the opponent's strategy. Remember that? Trump still says that Obama wanted to spy on him in 2016, but no one has shown any evidence that anybody in the FBI leaked anything about Trump's political traategy back to Obama or back to Clinton.
In any case, Trump wants to have it both ways - he wants to insist that either Obama or Clinton used an FBI investigation to spy on his campaign, and that this was wrong, and he also wants to insist that he has every right to do the same thing to Joe Biden, personally involving himself in the investigation

(12-15-2019, 04:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Nobody is saying that running for president magically makes Joe Biden immune from investigation or prosecution. if reasonable suspicion or probable cause existed that Joe Biden had committed a crime, the matter would be discussed discretely between investigators and prosecutors. if the president had even an ounce of discretion or scruples, as each of the previous 44 presidents seems to have had, the president would avoid attending any meetings about the matter. He would not want to be accused of starting the investigation merely to spy on the opponent's strategy. Remember that? Trump still says that Obama wanted to spy on him in 2016, but no one has shown any evidence that anybody in the FBI leaked anything about Trump's political traategy back to Obama or back to Clinton.
In any case, Trump wants to have it both ways - he wants to insist that either Obama or Clinton used an FBI investigation to spy on his campaign, and that this was wrong, and he also wants to insist that he has every right to do the same thing to Joe Biden, personally involving himself in the investigation

Red, the sky must be red in your world. Nothing else could explain your ridiculous interpretations of reality.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 04:47 PM by mikesez.)

(12-15-2019, 04:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: Oh pray tell, how does it work?

Probable cause exist whether or not the prosecution, or investigation into, of a crime happens. It’s a violation of the criminal statue; it isn’t dependent on anything except if the actions one took meet a reasonable belief a crime occurred.

Absolutely right. A prosecutor does not have to announce the probable cause exists. In the US, a prosecutor or investigator does not have to announce that an investigation has begun. However, in this case, don't you think it would be helpful for Trump's credibility if a prosecutor would say that they were investigating this Joe Biden matter before Rudy Giuliani or Donald Trump got involved? We know that Donald Trump is not the type of person to keep things secret, if those things would make him look good. we would know by now if Donald Trump was just following the lead of an actual  appointed professional prosecutor. Pretty safe to conclude that he was not.

(12-15-2019, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Nobody is saying that running for president magically makes Joe Biden immune from investigation or prosecution. if reasonable suspicion or probable cause existed that Joe Biden had committed a crime, the matter would be discussed discretely between investigators and prosecutors. if the president had even an ounce of discretion or scruples, as each of the previous 44 presidents seems to have had, the president would avoid attending any meetings about the matter. He would not want to be accused of starting the investigation merely to spy on the opponent's strategy. Remember that? Trump still says that Obama wanted to spy on him in 2016, but no one has shown any evidence that anybody in the FBI leaked anything about Trump's political traategy back to Obama or back to Clinton.

Red, the sky must be red in your world. Nothing else could explain your ridiculous interpretations of reality.

What do you think?
Were big bad James Comey and big bad Barack Obama trying to dig up dirt on Trump to help Hillary Clinton?
Was that permissible?

(12-15-2019, 04:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Probable cause exist whether or not the prosecution, or investigation into, of a crime happens. It’s a violation of the criminal statue; it isn’t dependent on anything except if the actions one took meet a reasonable belief a crime occurred.

Absolutely right. A prosecutor does not have to announce the probable cause exists. In the US, a prosecutor or investigator does not have to announce that an investigation has begun. However, in this case, don't you think it would be helpful for Trump's credibility if a prosecutor would say that they were investigating this Joe Biden matter before Rudy Giuliani or Donald Trump got involved? We know that Donald Trump is not the type of person to keep things secret, if those things would make him look good. we would know by now if Donald Trump was just following the lead of an actual  appointed professional prosecutor. Pretty safe to conclude that he was not.

Now you've moved further into speculation, much like the Schiffhead you have no actual evidence, just made up "feelings" about what should have been done.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 04:54 PM by mikesez.)

The theory that the Justice department answers to the President is interesting. If you read the 25th amendment, there is a clear indication that it is normal for the heads of various cabinet departments to disagree with the President - if the people writing this amendment really thought that the president could fire his cabinet without cause and without notice, why would they have written it this way?

(12-15-2019, 04:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Probable cause exist whether or not the prosecution, or investigation into, of a crime happens. It’s a violation of the criminal statue; it isn’t dependent on anything except if the actions one took meet a reasonable belief a crime occurred.

(12-15-2019, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Red, the sky must be red in your world. Nothing else could explain your ridiculous interpretations of reality.

What do you think?
Were big bad James Comey and big bad Barack Obama trying to dig up dirt on Trump to help Hillary Clinton?
Was that permissible?

No, they were attempting to manufacture and fabricate evidence to implicate Trump in Hillary's crimes.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 04:52 PM by mikesez.)

(12-15-2019, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Absolutely right. A prosecutor does not have to announce the probable cause exists. In the US, a prosecutor or investigator does not have to announce that an investigation has begun. However, in this case, don't you think it would be helpful for Trump's credibility if a prosecutor would say that they were investigating this Joe Biden matter before Rudy Giuliani or Donald Trump got involved? We know that Donald Trump is not the type of person to keep things secret, if those things would make him look good. we would know by now if Donald Trump was just following the lead of an actual  appointed professional prosecutor. Pretty safe to conclude that he was not.

Now you've moved further into speculation, much like the Schiffhead you have no actual evidence, just made up "feelings" about what should have been done.

We have to speculate because the people who know refuse to testify under oath!

(12-15-2019, 04:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Absolutely right. A prosecutor does not have to announce the probable cause exists. In the US, a prosecutor or investigator does not have to announce that an investigation has begun. However, in this case, don't you think it would be helpful for Trump's credibility if a prosecutor would say that they were investigating this Joe Biden matter before Rudy Giuliani or Donald Trump got involved? We know that Donald Trump is not the type of person to keep things secret, if those things would make him look good. we would know by now if Donald Trump was just following the lead of an actual  appointed professional prosecutor. Pretty safe to conclude that he was not.

What do you think?
Was that permissible?

No, they were attempting to manufacture and fabricate evidence to implicate Trump in Hillary's crimes.

Okay let's say that you're right. let's say that that was exactly what they were doing, and it was the only thing they were doing.
Was that permissible? Was that ok?

(12-15-2019, 04:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:  Now you've moved further into speculation, much like the Schiffhead you have no actual evidence, just made up "feelings" about what should have been done.

You're speculating, I'm satisfied with the call transcript. You know, the actual facts in the case, not some political hacks "feelings" about it. Not Schiff's dramatic rendering of it. Not Nadler's hypocritical reversal of his previous feeling about impeachment. The actual call itself where nothing untoward occurred.

(12-15-2019, 04:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:  Now you've moved further into speculation, much like the Schiffhead you have no actual evidence, just made up "feelings" about what should have been done.

(12-15-2019, 04:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, they were attempting to manufacture and fabricate evidence to implicate Trump in Hillary's crimes.

Okay let's say that you're right. let's say that that was exactly what they were doing, and it was the only thing they were doing.
Was that permissible? Was that ok?

What do you think smart guy? Let's see you maneuver your way into shilling for the Dems (as usual).

(12-15-2019, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: We have to speculate because the people who know refuse to testify under oath!

You're speculating, I'm satisfied with the call transcript. You know, the actual facts in the case, not some political hacks "feelings" about it. Not Schiff's dramatic rendering of it. Not Nadler's hypocritical reversal of his previous feeling about impeachment. The actual call itself where nothing untoward occurred.

"First I need a favor..." 
Pretty much all sentences beginning with those four words are untowards.
Not necessarily illegal.
But probably abusive.