Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2020, 08:03 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-29-2020, 06:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:44 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I'd massively prefer a dominant LT, which Wirfs definitely has the potential to be. 

Putting him straight in at RG would be a waste.
Wirfs is a RT if anything imo, where he played pretty much his whole college career.  You dont think Ferentz would of played him at LT if that was his best position and best player?  I think it would be much easier for Wirfs to slide inside and over one spot than to switch sides at tackle.  Crazy you feel that Nelson and Yanda are a waste. Would love to have a dominant guard

You have to put your aces in their places. LT is naturally a more valued position and it's clearly a premium and premier position in the NFL. The funny thing is that you're right about the RT argument. Same thing is going on with Wills Jr. out of Alabama. 

Somehow though a lot of this year's analysts are seeming to think that both of these guys can just flip to that side of the field and not miss much performance wise. Which I think is a huge stretch. 

Athletically these two guys are beasts for their size. So I get that. It just depends really. I don't think plugging him at RG would be a waste though in Wirfs case if he ends up being an all-pro RG for the next 10 years and he's consistently pancaking defenders or leading the way. 

You cannot underestimate the power of any elite player along the trenches in the NFL. I don't care which era you look at either. A good pass / run blocker or a good pass rusher / run defender can legitimize your team's success or change their fortunes.

Quenton Nelson was well worth the 6th overall pick two years ago for the clots. He's already an all-pro and pro bowl player. When was the last time this team ever had an all-pro or pro-bowl player at RG or LG?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Franchise tag Yann, re-sign Dareus, and go after a FA LB (Schobert, Littleton, or Kwiatoski.

1.9 - Tristan Wirfs OL - Would start him at RG, where I think he has All-Pro potential. Could also push Cam at LT.

1.20 Henry Ruggs WR - Speedy weapon you stretch the field

2 - Cam Akers RB - Gives us a two-headed monster at RB. Eventually replaces Fournette.

3 - Bryce Hall CB - Would go higher if not coming off an ACL tear. This is a Trent Baalke pick all the way.

4 - Traded to Ravens for Hayden Hurst.

5 - Benito Jones NT - Run stuffing NT that is some pass rush ability

6 - Shaq Quarterman LB - Local kid to help stop the run

6 - Jordan Fuller S - Safety depth

7 - Jessie Lemonier EDGE - Depth for behind Yan, Allen, and Smoot

(02-29-2020, 08:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 06:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wirfs is a RT if anything imo, where he played pretty much his whole college career.  You dont think Ferentz would of played him at LT if that was his best position and best player?  I think it would be much easier for Wirfs to slide inside and over one spot than to switch sides at tackle.  Crazy you feel that Nelson and Yanda are a waste. Would love to have a dominant guard

You have to put your aces in their places. LT is naturally a more valued position and it's clearly a premium and premier position in the NFL. The funny thing is that you're right about the RT argument. Same thing is going on with Wills Jr. out of Alabama. 

Somehow though a lot of this year's analysts are seeming to think that both of these guys can just flip to that side of the field and not miss much performance wise. Which I think is a huge stretch. 

Athletically these two guys are beasts for their size. So I get that. It just depends really. I don't think plugging him at RG would be a waste though in Wirfs case if he ends up being an all-pro RG for the next 10 years and he's consistently pancaking defenders or leading the way. 

You cannot underestimate the power of any elite player along the trenches in the NFL. I don't care which era you look at either. A good pass / run blocker or a good pass rusher / run defender can legitimize your team's success or change their fortunes.

Quenton Nelson was well worth the 6th overall pick two years ago for the clots. He's already an all-pro and pro bowl player. When was the last time this team ever had an all-pro or pro-bowl player at RG or LG?

I think he could possibly be a good LT or a great RG. If that were the case which would you rather have?  LT is definitely the more important position but if you were to pick one of the 2, give me the great guard.

(02-29-2020, 08:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 06:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wirfs is a RT if anything imo, where he played pretty much his whole college career.  You dont think Ferentz would of played him at LT if that was his best position and best player?  I think it would be much easier for Wirfs to slide inside and over one spot than to switch sides at tackle.  Crazy you feel that Nelson and Yanda are a waste. Would love to have a dominant guard

Hes kind of like Yanda to me.  Who went to the same college and also played RT in college.  Who in imo has been the best guard in football for years now and I think he is a future HOF.

Draft Wirfs and trade up for Becton.

(02-29-2020, 11:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Draft Wirfs and trade up for Becton.

That would definitely be an interesting draft if we got both those guys in Rd.1

I wouldn't hate it. Opens up lanes for 4nette, gives Minshew time to find the WR's. Etc.

We'd just need to plug in some guys at DT/LB/CB in free agency.

(02-29-2020, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 08:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote: You have to put your aces in their places. LT is naturally a more valued position and it's clearly a premium and premier position in the NFL. The funny thing is that you're right about the RT argument. Same thing is going on with Wills Jr. out of Alabama. 

I think he could possibly be a good LT or a great RG. If that were the case which would you rather have?  LT is definitely the more important position but if you were to pick one of the 2, give me the great guard.

He's more of a projection at guard than tackle. 

I think he has all pro tackle ability

Operating under the assumption that Dave really views our O-Line as a strength I chose not to address it until the later rounds. I traded down from 9 to 16 and acquired two additional 2nd rounders. I’d be pleased if it really were to fall this way

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16 (ATL): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 1 Pick 20: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15 (ATL): Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (ATL): JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 10: JR Reed, FS/SS, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Victor Johnson, OT, Appalachian State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Khaleke Hudson, OLB, Michigan (A+)

And with this one I stayed put in our slots (which I expect us to do) and took true BAP

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (A)
Round 1 Pick 20: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (C+)
Round 2 Pick 10: Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A-)
Round 4 Pick 10: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)

(02-29-2020, 03:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think he could possibly be a good LT or a great RG. If that were the case which would you rather have?  LT is definitely the more important position but if you were to pick one of the 2, give me the great guard.

He's more of a projection at guard than tackle. 

I think he is more of a projection at LT

(03-01-2020, 12:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 03:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's more of a projection at guard than tackle. 

I think he is more of a projection at LT

We've at least seen a couple high level games at LT and more snaps spent on the left side for heavy set plays than any at guard. 

So for me it's a lot easier to project. You can see high level traits + high level tape for LT vs just the traits for guard. 

And I think he'd be a very good guard too

I think we wind up getting Derrick Brown and 9 and its gonna be a steal

My idea of who goes ahead of us us drastically changed in the last few days. I see it playing out like this at the moment.

CIN - Burrow
WAS - Young
DET - Okudah
NYG - Simmons (could also see Becton)
MIA - Tua
LAC - Herbert or Love
CAR - Brown or OL
ARI - Lamb
JAX - Kinlaw, Wirfs, Thomas, Wills, or Jeudy

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 05:16 PM by jaglou53.)

(02-29-2020, 10:03 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Franchise tag Yann, re-sign Dareus, and go after a FA LB (Schobert, Littleton, or Kwiatoski.

1.9 - Tristan Wirfs OL - Would start him at RG, where I think he has All-Pro potential. Could also push Cam at LT.

2 - Cam Akers RB - Gives us a two-headed monster at RB. Eventually replaces Fournette.

3 - Bryce Hall CB - Would go higher if not coming off an ACL tear. This is a Trent Baalke pick all the way.

I really like these moves:

1. Free agent inside linebacker- any one of your three.

2.Ruggs with pick 20, but I suspect he'll be gone. Wait til round 3 for a receiver who will be great value (too many to name).

3. Bryce Hall - Great value. Would start before too long.

4. Trading 4th for Hurst. A no-brainer in my book. Hometown boy becomes a big target for Minshew.

5. Wirfs - Can play either guard or tackle. Big upgrade from Cann and can fill in for Robinson if he gets injured. That being said, I'd probably take Derrick Brown
              ahead of him and I have a feeling he will fall to the Jags due to a combination of his relatively poor combine and Simmons' great one.

Moves I disagree with:

1. Franchising Yann- Just pay the guy. Everyone gets overpaid in free agency and he is one of the best pass-rushers in the league.

2. Cam Akers in round 2- Too high for a running back. Wait til the mid-late rounds to find a guy and pick up Chris Thompson to be the receiving back. Gruden can
                                    make this happen.

3. Re-sign Dareus- I would love Dareus to come back, but he'll get a much better offer from another team. 

All that being said, I'd love it if your scenerio came true. The team would be much improved from 2018-19.

(03-01-2020, 11:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we wind up getting Derrick Brown and 9 and its gonna be a steal

I'm totally in agreement with this. His less than stellar combine along with Simmons' freakish numbers make it at least 50-50 that Brown will fall. The other guy who is a possibility to drop is Okudah since it's likely 3 quarterbacks will be taken among the 1st 8 picks. If Brown isn't available, Okudah would be a very nice consolation prize.

(03-01-2020, 05:12 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 10:03 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Franchise tag Yann, re-sign Dareus, and go after a FA LB (Schobert, Littleton, or Kwiatoski.

I really like these moves:

2.Ruggs with pick 20, but I suspect he'll be gone. Wait til round 3 for a receiver who will be great value (too many to name).

4. Trading 4th for Hurst. A no-brainer in my book. Hometown boy becomes a big target for Minshew.

5. Wirfs - Can play either guard or tackle. Big upgrade from Cann and can fill in for Robinson if he gets injured. That being said, I'd probably take Derrick Brown
              ahead of him and I have a feeling he will fall to the Jags due to a combination of his relatively poor combine and Simmons' great one.

Moves I disagree with:

1. Franchising Yann- Just pay the guy. Everyone gets overpaid in free agency and he is one of the best pass-rushers in the league.

2. Cam Akers in round 2- Too high for a running back. Wait til the mid-late rounds to find a guy and pick up Chris Thompson to be the receiving back. Gruden can
                                    make this happen.

3. Re-sign Dareus- I would love Dareus to come back, but he'll get a much better offer from another team. 

All that being said, I'd love it if your scenerio came true. The team would be much improved from 2018-19.

(03-01-2020, 11:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we wind up getting Derrick Brown and 9 and its gonna be a steal

I'm totally in agreement with this. His less than stellar combine along with Simmons' freakish numbers make it at least 50-50 that Brown will fall. The other guy who is a possibility to drop is Okudah since it's likely 3 quarterbacks will be taken among the 1st 8 picks. If Brown isn't available, Okudah would be a very nice consolation prize.
I would actually prefer Okudah if both were available. Our D line needs help, but isn’t as weak as our secondary, especially if we release Bouye. Okudah just has that Ramsey level talent in my eyes

(03-01-2020, 10:28 PM)CSTblank Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 05:12 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I really like these moves:

Moves I disagree with:

make this happen.

I would actually prefer Okudah if both were available. Our D line needs help, but isn’t as weak as our secondary, especially if we release Bouye. Okudah just has that Ramsey level talent in my eyes

If they pass on a all pro potential OL to draft a db it will not help this team. It's not like Jalen won games ...record shows no one did.

(03-02-2020, 12:43 AM)uthill Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 10:28 PM)CSTblank Wrote: I would actually prefer Okudah if both were available. Our D line needs help, but isn’t as weak as our secondary, especially if we release Bouye. Okudah just has that Ramsey level talent in my eyes

If they pass on a all pro potential OL to draft a db it will not help this team. It's not like Jalen won games ...record shows no one did.

That scenario was if it were between Okudah and Brown. Obviously you take Thomas if he’s available or Wirfs over a DB. With that being said, the “smokescreen” is on that our O-Line is viewed as a strength ??‍♂️. 

It doesn’t matter how great your offensive line is if your starting CBs are Herndon and Hayden (assuming we do release Bouye). Opposing QBs will have a field day with that all game long. HAVE to be able to stop the other team from scoring points

Tag and trade Yannick. Miami trades 2020 picks 1.26 and 3.70 for Yan.

1.9 - DT Brown/Kinlaw

1.20 - WR CeeDee Lamb

1.26 - CB CJ Henderson

2.42 - LB Zach Baun

3.70 - G B.Bredeson

3.73 - RB Cam Akers

4 - Trade TE H. Hurst

5- QB J Hurts

6- LB Shaq Quarterman

Let me know what you think or am I just dreaming. Start younger movement.

Release: (23M savings)
Lee
Swaim
Bouye
Abry Jones

Restructure:
Campbell

FA:
S- Anthony Harris
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Your score is: 34297 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 25 (MINN): Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 10: Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (MINN): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (B)
Round 3 Pick 9: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A)
Round 6 Pick 10: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: K'Von Wallace, FS/SS, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Justin Herron, OT, Wake Forest (A+)

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 06:53 PM by Caldrac.)

For me I would hope it would unfold like this for us, this is assuming Ngakoue is traded to Miami for the 26th and 70th overall selections:

9th: Derrick Brown - DL3T - Auburn
20th: Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
26th (From Ngakoue Trade to Miami): Austin Jackson - OT - USC
42nd: Patrick Queen - ILB - LSU 
70th (From Ngakoue Trade to Miami): Cole Kmet - TE - Notre Dame
73rd: Jaylon Johnson - CB - Utah
116th: Alex Highsmith - DE - Charlotte
166th: Jon Runyan - OG - Michigan 
189th: Joshua Kelley - RB - UCLA
206th: Julian Blackmon - S - Utah
224th: Khalil Davis - DL1T - Nebraska