Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

Emphasis on speed and O-Line plus plug in some defensive probable upgrades. Of course this scenario is keeping Minshew as our starting QB and hoping our TE Oliver plays to potential.

R1 pick 9: Henry Ruggs III - WR
R1 pick 20: Tyler Biadasz - C
R2 pick 41: Mekhi Becton - OT
R3 pick 73: Travis Etienne - RB
R4 pick 105: Darnay Holmes - CB
R5 pick 147: Alohi Gilman - S
R6 pick 168: Nate Landman - LB
R6 pick 185: Benito Jones- IDL
R7 pick 200: Jauan Jennings - WR

* mock simulated on thedraftnetwork.com

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 10:24 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-30-2019, 08:04 PM)JAGMAJIK Wrote: Emphasis on speed and O-Line plus plug in some defensive probable upgrades. Of course this scenario is keeping Minshew as our starting QB and hoping our TE Oliver plays to potential.

Don't like it at all. Ruggs is a straight like runner who relies on his speed only. Jeudy, Lamb and Higgins are all much better receivers. 
I like Biadasz. That pick is perfect. 
Becton is a 370 lb. OT who will likely eat himself out of the NFL and doesn't show the footwork to be an NFL LT. 
We don't need a RB, especially that high. 
Not a fan of Holmes. As a UCLA fan, I saw him get beat too much. 
Who??????
Who??????
I'd rather have John Penisini of Utah, he has a much better run stopping grade. 
Jennings is too inconsistent.

(12-30-2019, 10:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 08:04 PM)JAGMAJIK Wrote: Emphasis on speed and O-Line plus plug in some defensive probable upgrades. Of course this scenario is keeping Minshew as our starting QB and hoping our TE Oliver plays to potential.

Don't like it at all. Ruggs is a straight like runner who relies on his speed only. Jeudy, Lamb and Higgins are all much better receivers. 
I like Biadasz. That pick is perfect. 
Becton is a 370 lb. OT who will likely eat himself out of the NFL and doesn't show the footwork to be an NFL LT. 
We don't need a RB, especially that high. 
Not a fan of Holmes. As a UCLA fan, I saw him get beat too much. 
Who??????
Who??????
I'd rather have John Penisini of Utah, he has a much better run stopping grade. 
Jennings is too inconsistent.

Jeudy and Lamb were gone...dont like Higgins in top 10. Actually wasn't much I did like by the 9th pick. Ideally I wanted Brown or Okuda.
Agreed Biadasz is a beast.
Becton owns every rusher he puts hands on. 
Etienne would compliment LF well and be fastest player on the field.
Holmes is athletic as they come just needs coaches up.
Gilman is solid against run and instinctual in passing game. 
Benito Jones is a poor man's Casey. Huge run stuffer.
Jennings in the 7th is based on the potential as he does make huge plays for TN.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 12:49 AM by Caldrac.)

My Picks:

9. Derrick Brown - DT

20. Tyler Biadasz - C

41. Tee Higgins - WR

73. Troy Dye - LB

105. Harrison Bryant - TE

147. Calvin Throckmorton - OT

168. Carter Coughlin - EDGE

185. Shaquille Quarterman - LB

200. Benito Jones - DT

I like my results.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 12:57 AM by Caldrac.)

I like the offensive lineman selections. But I have a hard time seeing Ruggs over Brown, Simmons or Delpit when our defense is hurting the most.

Chark looks good. Westbrook and Conley are decent. In a deep receiving class they could land a Mims, Pittman or Gandy-Golden on day three.

Benito Jones is solid.

I landed Higgins in RD2. That's a steal. As much as I hope Oliver pans out at TE. I think you have to grab one of those receiving types again in the draft based on the injuries we had this year at that position. Harrison Bryant was a Mackey recepient for a reason. Kid fits the modern mold.

We had a ton of issues at LB with injuries and poor play. Landing Dye and Quarterman with a returning Williams and hopefully Ryan addresses those issues in 2020.

Benito Jones is a steal at Nose tackle that late. I like Carter Coughlin off the edge. He's not bad. Shows promise.

My only problem was trying to find a CB or S I liked in some of those rounds.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 02:27 AM by enigma.)

I went through two drafts to see if there was significant variance between trials - and I found that there was. I drafted under the assumption that Yannick will be re-signed and playing for us. I will add my selections from my 2nd trial in a different post and with that, the results from the 1st run are as follows:

9. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn -> (Was available in my 1st run and he's a can't miss prospect who also fits a position of need)
20. Tyler Biadasz, OL/OC, Wisconsin -> (Excellent player who will shore up the interior and kick Linder back to guard)
42. C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida -> (Massive upgrade and solidifies the CB spot opposite of Bouye)
73. Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio St. -> (Solid player with great size, athleticism and good production who can shift Jack out of the middle)
106. Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor -> (This might be a slight positional reach at this spot but adding Mims alongside Chark would benefit our QB immensely)
169. Cole Van Lanen, OL/OT, Wisconsin -> (Can never have too much depth at OL, as evidenced by our recent luck with injuries)
185. Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio St. -> (Now we're getting in the territory of mostly taking shots in the dark, but as a FS Fuller brings very good range, ballskills, and size - despite his subpar tackling)
200. Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan -> (Hoping Calais restructures and plays 1 more year, but either way he provides solid depth and a big body with downrange ability)

Wasn't happy with the lack of TE's and didn't draft one because I feel like we can pick up a solid blocking TE outside of the draft. But overall, I am very satisfied with the potential production and impact these players could bring if the draft panned out in this manner.

I kept my comments short but feel free to extrapolate and I will happily add more!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 02:56 AM by enigma.)

Here are the results from my 2nd trial:

9. Grant Delpit, S, LSU -> (Brown was unavailable in this run and some may say Delpit at 9 is a reach but I don't think so. Immediately brings ELITE play-making on the backend and allows Harrison to truly play in the box)
20. Tyler Biadasz, OL/OC, Wisconsin -> (Reason in previous post)
42. C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida -> (Still went with Henderson at CB to create a very nice triple threat of DBs in the secondary)
73. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin -> (He was still available somehow and I didn't blink an eye to select him. Fast, fluid, shifty, decisive, productive - everything we wanted Fournette to be)
106. Nick Coe, DE/DT, Auburn -> (Absolute specimen who has played both edge and DT who can bring good production and great depth along the D-line)
169. K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St. -> (Once again, surprised Hill lasted to this pick. Adds another layer of speed and very good catching/route-running ability)
185. Shaq Quarterman, LB, Miami -> (While he could be slightly undersized as a MLB, he certainly plays like he is a tank with jet thrusters. Will also let Jack slide out of the middle)
200. Benito Jones, DT, Ole Miss -> (Adds great size and depth in the interior D-line, who also possesses a freakish get-off for his size)

Again, pretty happy with the way this draft turned out and I wasn't a fan of the TE's that were available during my picks with other players on the board.

Ultimately, we need to utilize our draft capital to build in the trenches in this draft and definitely land some potentially game-changing playmakers.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 11:07 AM by Kane.)

(12-31-2019, 12:45 AM)Caldrac Wrote: My Picks:

9. Derrick Brown - DT

20. Tyler Biadasz - C

41. Tee Higgins - WR

73. Troy Dye - LB

105. Harrison Bryant - TE

147. Calvin Throckmorton - OT

168. Carter Coughlin - EDGE

185. Shaquille Quarterman - LB

200. Benito Jones - DT

I like my results.

Man if Brown is available at 9 and Higgins in the 2nd that's a helluva draft.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P9
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

2: R1P20
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

3: R2P10
S XAVIER MCKINNEY
ALABAMA

4: R3P9
LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE

5: R4P10
TE BRYCEN HOPKINS
PURDUE

6: R5P19
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

7: R6P10
OT TERENCE STEELE
TEXAS TECH

8: R6P26
RB MICHAEL WARREN II
CINCINNATI

9: R7P9
CB MIKE HAMPTON
SOUTH FLORIDA

Following cuts are made:

Marqise Lee
Marcell Dareus
Geoff Swaim
Jake Ryan

Re-sign:

Yannick Ngakoue DE
Marcell Dareus DT - Think he takes a cheaper deal to return.
Seth Devalve TE/FB
Keelan Cole WR
Donald Payne LB/ST

FAs:

Kiko Alonso LB - Should be cheap option to play MLB. Has played with Marrone in the past.

Draft:

1a - Isaiah Simmons LB/S - Don’t think Brown will be available. Simmons is a Swiss Army knife that could line up almost anywhere. I’d probably play him at safety and move him to LB in nickel.

1b - Tyler Biadasz C - He will play C and move Linder back to RG.

2 - Tyler Johnson WR - Another weapon for Minshew

3 - Trey Smith OL - Concerns over blood clots could cause him to fall. Was viewed as an early first rounder before the medical stuff. Could push for a starting position at LT or LG.

4 - Thad Moss TE - Son of Randy Moss. Good receiver and blocker to help with the weak TE position.

5 - Tedarrell Slaton NT - Raw but super massive at 6’5” and 358 lbs. Good prospect to groom behind Dareus.

6a - Shaq Quarterman LB - Local kid. Run stopping MLB.

6b - Amik Robertson CB - Smaller nickel corner who plays like a poor mans Honey Badger.

7 - Malcom Perry RB - QB for Navy. One of the most elusive players in space in the whole draft. Would probably be scatback, slot, and returned.

UDFA:

Tyrie Cleveland WR - Thing he could be an elite gunner on STs.

Brady Ross FB - Old school FB to lead the way for Lenny.

(12-31-2019, 02:47 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Following cuts are made:

Marqise Lee
Marcell Dareus
Geoff Swaim
Jake Ryan

Re-sign:

Yannick Ngakoue DE
Seth Devalve TE/FB
Keelan Cole WR
Donald Payne LB/ST

FAs:

Kiko Alonso LB - Should be cheap option to play MLB. Has played with Marrone in the past.

Draft:

1a - Isaiah Simmons LB/S - Don’t think Brown will be available. Simmons is a Swiss Army knife that could line up almost anywhere. I’d probably play him at safety and move him to LB in nickel.

3 - Trey Smith OL - Concerns over blood clots could cause him to fall. Was viewed as an early first rounder before the medical stuff. Could push for a starting position at LT or LG.

4 - Thad Moss TE - Son of Randy Moss. Good receiver and blocker to help with the weak TE position.

5 - Tedarrell Slaton NT - Raw but super massive at 6’5” and 358 lbs. Good prospect to groom behind Dareus.

6b - Amik Robertson CB - Smaller nickel corner who plays like a poor mans Honey Badger.

7 - Malcom Perry RB - QB for Navy. One of the most elusive players in space in the whole draft. Would probably be scatback, slot, and returned.

UDFA:

I like this. It's practical. It's realistic. A lot of good potential here. Alonso also has a bit of a nasty streak to him.

Marqise Lee
Marcell Dareus
Geoff Swaim
Jake Ryan

Re-sign:

Yannick Ngakoue DE
Seth Devalve TE/FB
Keelan Cole WR
Donald Payne LB/ST

FAs:

Draft:

UDFA:

I like just about all of this. The one change I'd make in your draft class is in round 2. Johnson should be a good player, but the needs at cornerback and offensive tackle are much greater. Therefore, I'd take the top guy on my board at either of these positions hoping that on of Trey Adams, Leatherwood, Diggs or Dantzler are available. I'd still jump all over Trey Smith in the 3rd providing a lot of competition on the offensive line.

I don't think Dareus will return, but it would be great if he gave the team a discount. Bouye will also likely be gone; that's why adding a corner is so important. Alonso would be a very good addition as well as Quarterman at middle linebacker.

(12-30-2019, 10:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Becton is a 370 lb. OT who will likely eat himself out of the NFL and doesn't show the footwork to be an NFL LT. 

Becton looks like he's in great shape to be 370 pounds. 

He looks a lot like Leonard Davis did coming out of Texas.

I wouldn't mind using a second rounder on him but as a guard instead of tackle.

Just did a 4 round mock. Sorry for the reverse pick order.

106 Shaquille Quarterman LB
73 Cole Kmet TE
42 Raekwon Davis IDL
20 Tyler Biadasz IOL
9 Jerry Jeudy WR

Wirfs, Brown and Thomas all gone at 9, went with my BAP...

Latest effort from the draft network. Things fell very nicely for me to take BAP and still fill our big needs.

Jerry Jeudy

, WR

Isaiah Simmons

, LB

Mekhi Becton

, OT

Leki Fotu

, IDL

Cam Akers

, RB

Denzel Mims

, WR

Levonta Taylor

, CB

Jon Runyan

, OT

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 07:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Marqise Lee
Marcell Dareus
Geoff Swaim
Jake Ryan

Re-sign:

Yannick Ngakoue DE
Seth Devalve TE/FB
Keelan Cole WR
Donald Payne LB/ST

FAs:

Draft:

UDFA:

I would love this, ,I dont think Smith makes it to the 3rd though. If we got this draft though our team would be much improved

Oehser:

1.Cincinnati Bengals | Joe Burrow, QB, Louisiana State

2. Washington Redskins | Chase Young, DL, Ohio State

3. Detroit Lions | Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

4. New York Giants | Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

5. Miami Dolphins | Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

6. Los Angeles Chargers | Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

7. Carolina Panthers | Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

8. Arizona Cardinals | Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson

9. Jacksonville Jaguars | Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

10. Cleveland Browns | Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama

11. New York Jets | Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

12. Las Vegas Raiders | CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

13. Indianapolis Colts | Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | A.J. Epenesa, Edge, Iowa

15. Denver Broncos | Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama

16. Atlanta Falcons | Kristian Fulton, CB, Louisiana State

17. Dallas Cowboys | Grant Delpit, S, Louisiana State

18. Miami Dolphins (from Pittsburgh) | Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

19. Las Vegas Raiders (from Chicago) | Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams) | Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

21. Philadelphia Eagles | Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado

22. Buffalo Bills | Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State

23. New England Patriots | Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

24. New Orleans Saints | D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

25. Tennessee Titans | C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida

26. Minnesota Vikings | A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson

27. Miami Dolphins (from Houston) | Austin Jackson, OL, Southern California

28. Seattle Seahawks | K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge, Louisiana State

29. Kansas City Chiefs | Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

30. Green Bay Packers | Jalen Reagor, WR, Texas Christian

31. San Francisco 49ers | Ashtyn Davis, S, California

32. Baltimore Ravens |Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford

One more cos I'm bored. Focus on the trenches.

Andrew Thomas

, OT

Javon Kinlaw

, IDL

Trey Smith

, IOL

Hunter Bryant

, TE

Paddy Fisher

, LB

Shyheim Carter

, S

Denzel Mims

, WR

McTelvin Agim

, IDL

(01-08-2020, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oehser:

I have to wonder if that's kind of forcing the pick into the spot, but I won't complain.

Honestly, I wonder if we don't move up a few spots if he is our target. I have a feeling if he slides past the Chargers, folks will be calling Carolina for their pick if he's still on the board.

(01-09-2020, 09:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oehser:

I have to wonder if that's kind of forcing the pick into the spot, but I won't complain.

Honestly, I wonder if we don't move up a few spots if he is our target. I have a feeling if he slides past the Chargers, folks will be calling Carolina for their pick if he's still on the board.
Derrick Brown is good but I don't think he's good enough to trade up for and give up draft capital.

I think I'll be most intrigued if Jeudy drops to the Jags. He would be a perfect compliment to Chark.