Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Following the science? That's new territory around here.

Guess no corporate interests have started lobbying against the science yet...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As a member of the susceptible population (weakened immune system fighting 2 cancers and high BP) I refuse to join in the media driven hysteria. Are there concerns? Absolutely, but I am going to continue to take common sense precautions. The flip side is I also do not believe we are being told everything by our government. This was a common virus that has been manipulated in a lab and released upon the population. I personally do not think this was an accident either. The timing of it coinciding with our elections, Trump putting the pressure on China for trade balance and a US booming economy screams this is not a coincidence. This is germ warfare at its finest.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 08:28 PM by Jags.)

(03-11-2020, 08:17 PM)copycat Wrote: As a member of the susceptible population (weakened immune system fighting 2 cancers and high BP) I refuse to join in the media driven hysteria.  Are there concerns?  Absolutely, but I am going to continue to take common sense precautions.  The flip side is I also do not believe we are being told everything by our government.  This was a common virus that has been manipulated in a lab and released upon the population.  I personally do not think this was an accident either.  The timing of it coinciding with our elections, Trump putting the pressure on China for trade balance and a US booming economy screams this is not a coincidence.  This is germ warfare at its finest.

A lot going on here.  So I’ll address the bigger issuehere.   Fight on my friend.  Prayers headed your way.  Kick cancer’s butt.  Stay around to see the jags pick #1 in the draft.  Or win the SB.  Either way, stick around.

Hope nobody was planning to go to Europe...

(03-11-2020, 08:28 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 08:17 PM)copycat Wrote: As a member of the susceptible population (weakened immune system fighting 2 cancers and high BP) I refuse to join in the media driven hysteria.  Are there concerns?  Absolutely, but I am going to continue to take common sense precautions.  The flip side is I also do not believe we are being told everything by our government.  This was a common virus that has been manipulated in a lab and released upon the population.  I personally do not think this was an accident either.  The timing of it coinciding with our elections, Trump putting the pressure on China for trade balance and a US booming economy screams this is not a coincidence.  This is germ warfare at its finest.

A lot going on here.  So I’ll address the bigger issuehere.   Fight on my friend.  Prayers headed your way.  Kick cancer’s butt.  Stay around to see the jags pick #1 in the draft.  Or win the SB.  Either way, stick around.

Thanks but I plan on kicking cancers [BLEEP].  I can't believe it had the nerve to start this fight
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 09:20 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Dudes, Trump got some bad old man teeth. The disadvantage of 1080p.

Tom Hanks has it

(03-11-2020, 07:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 04:02 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: With all due respect, you're letting your fear speak for you.  Anyone who is at risk should absolutely try to do things that boost their immunity.  But what about all the people that died from other causes?  That's not important?  Consider the amount of hype for the seasonal flu and the amount of deaths of 55,000 on average and compare it to the corona virus.  Based on the amount of hype, it has to kill at least 2, 3, 4 or more times as many people right?  Are you confident that it will?  

I've never seen anyone complain about the lack of outrage over the 55,000 flu deaths a year.  This is about control more than anything.  And fear is the best weapon to control plain and simple.

Yea, 55,000 deaths from the flu, out of 45 MILLION people who get it yearly... 55,000 is a lot, but then you look at the other number and it puts things more into perspective.

If COVID-19/Corona infects 45 Million people, the death toll is going to blow 55,000 out of the water...

Not true.

NBA season suspended.

(03-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 05:07 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: March madness to be played with no fans.

Thats gonna suck.

Seems like a calm situation to me, eh JJ?

Childish.  

My point wasnt that people are afraid.my point is that it has less to do with Trumps calm approach and more to do with the media hyperbole and the Merkles of the world predicting armageddon.

Trump's calm approach?

That changed quickly.

(03-11-2020, 09:40 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Trump's calm approach?

That changed quickly.

It's called leadership. Look it up.

He said it wasn't a big deal recently and now he is saying it is?

He's all over the place

(03-11-2020, 09:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote: He said it wasn't a big deal recently and now he is saying it is?

He's all over the place

He can do no right in your or any liberals eyes, so when all objectivity had been removed from the conversation, what's the point?

Did you say that with a straight face?

So was he wrong a few days ago?

What do the people who said it wasn't a big deal think of all the billion dollar companies lighting mountains of money on fire?

(03-11-2020, 09:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote: He said it wasn't a big deal recently and now he is saying it is?

He's all over the place

He can do no right in your or any liberals eyes, so when all objectivity had been removed from the conversation, what's the point?
Dawg. You’re just as bad but from the other side of the spectrum. He’s your avatar with a crown lol He can do no wrong with you.

This is also much much bigger than Trump.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 09:48 PM by JackCity.)

(03-09-2020, 04:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This whole thing is certainly not as serious as the MSM would have you believe.  The shutting down of events, buildings, cruise ships, etc. is a huge over-reaction.  Are certain people vulnerable?  Yes.  Would those same people be vulnerable if they caught the flu?  Yes.  This is not a plague.  It's simply a virus that will make you (the average person) sick for a few days.  Eat healthy, practice good hygiene and you will be fine.

Lol

So is Trump part of mainstream news now or what?

NBA suspended the season wow
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(03-11-2020, 09:39 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Gabe Wrote: Seems like a calm situation to me, eh JJ?

Childish.  

My point wasnt that people are afraid.my point is that it has less to do with Trumps calm approach and more to do with the media hyperbole and the Merkles of the world predicting armageddon.

It's just a cold.
I'll play you in ping pong.