Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-12-2020, 04:21 PM)Gabe Wrote: Out of curiosity, why wouldn't Trump and Pence get tested for COVID after twice (at least Trump) coming into close contact with someone who later tested positive? Optics?

The CDC Guideline states that you don't test asymptomatic patients based on exposure alone.

And if they did get tested the MSM would have a field day running stories about the two healthcare systems and "privileged."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maryland has closed schools for 2 weeks.

(03-12-2020, 05:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Maryland has closed schools for 2 weeks.

That becomes a problem what do all the parent do for work now?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(03-12-2020, 05:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 05:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Maryland has closed schools for 2 weeks.

That becomes a problem what do all the parent do for work now?
Not too sure. If they have the ability to work from home then they will be forced to do so. It was just announced about 2 hours ago so lots of details to come. They will probably take spring break away which begins in April for us.

I’m a PE teacher so I’ll be home taking care of my two gremlins.

(03-10-2020, 03:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: CDC is saying anyone over 60 with a chronic disease like diabetes or heart disease should stock up on 30 days worth of supplies and prepare to stay home.  That's a lot of people and a lot of supplies that need to be bought, right now.

Right now? Are these people amateurs? I’ve had my dad locked down and supplied for weeks now! He’s a heart patient with copd. He shouldn’t have to leave his house until next spring!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-12-2020, 06:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 03:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: CDC is saying anyone over 60 with a chronic disease like diabetes or heart disease should stock up on 30 days worth of supplies and prepare to stay home.  That's a lot of people and a lot of supplies that need to be bought, right now.

Right now? Are these people amateurs? I’ve had my dad locked down and supplied for weeks now! He’s a heart patient with copd. He shouldn’t have to leave his house until next spring!

My wife went in Walmart to get supplies for our yeehaw trip.  Took a pic of the water aisle.  ALL GONE.  She took other pics of cleaning aisle and such.  Damn hurricanes don’t cause this much chaos.

(03-12-2020, 02:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 12:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Dang!  I hope we're not all going to be sitting at home with no sports on TV!

There are so many good series on Netflix.  Time to binge for Americans

(03-12-2020, 01:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Crypt Keeper Nancy threw a bunch of other crap in their "bill" they haven't been able to get for decades. Typical soul-less democrats doing what they do. Never let a perfectly good crisis go un-used.

Citizenship for DACA kids are essential to battling the caronavirus and market crash  !!! 

Joking aside, what was being proposed, excluding Nancy's revisions?   was it the 0% payroll tax?  I surely hope so.

Tax payer funding of abortion.  The usual stuff.

They cancelled school here because of COVID, and NASCAR is running with no fans, MLB, The NHL, and the NBA have suspended seasons
How much longer do we put up with this stuff
[Image: review.jpg]

NFL is closing facilities. This is crazy.

Of the 39 us fatalities, 26 were TRAGICALLY @ one nursing home and all high risk patients. That's a little bit of an outlier that skews the mortality rate for the 1200 us cases. A 1% mortality rate is 10 times deadlier than the flu and reason for vigilance, but the prospect of shutting down the economy as we understand it is still out of balance.

People are scared. I understand that, but people still think we can just all decide not to go to work and the government can just give us pieces of paper to make up for it. A.) The us economy generates 400ish billion dollars of economic activity every WEEK. We cant just print 800 billion dollars to let half the country stay home for a month. B.) The concept of money that we understand is essentially a universal note of credit for goods and services. If there is no one to produce the goods or provide the service then theres no difference between the treasury and hansboro.

I just want some toilet paper guys.

This is way out of hand.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-12-2020, 09:00 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Of the 39 us fatalities, 26 were TRAGICALLY @ one nursing home and all high risk patients.  That's a little bit of an outlier that skews the mortality rate for the 1200 us cases.  A 1% mortality rate is 10 times deadlier than the flu and reason for vigilance, but the prospect of shutting down the economy as we understand it is still out of balance.  

People are scared. I understand that, but people still think we can just all decide not to go to work and the government can just give us pieces of paper to make up for it.  A.) The us economy generates 400ish billion dollars of economic activity every WEEK.  We cant just print 800 billion dollars to let half the country stay home for  a month.  B.) The concept of money that we understand is essentially a universal note of credit for goods and services.  If there is no one to produce the goods or provide the service then theres no difference between the treasury and hansboro.

The fatality rate of viral pneumonia depends on getting proper treatment on time.
Timely treatment, low rate.
Delayed treatment, higher rate.
If all the hospital beds get taken up with sick people, the next person who catches it, and every person after that, faces a much higher chance of dying than the people who got beds.
The point of closing stuff down is to slow down the rate the disease spreads at, so someone will be recovering and leaving the hospital as each new person gets sick.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

The Players has been cancelled. Hideki cant be too happy

(03-12-2020, 09:08 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I just want some toilet paper guys.

This is way out of hand.

I'm not pumping any more money into stocks. Instead, I'm placing bulk orders on toilet paper from every site I can find and hitting up every brick and mortar location I can get to. When civilization collapses and paper goods production screeches to a halt, toilet paper is going to be worth its weight in gold, and I'm a kingpin, baby.

(03-12-2020, 10:48 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 09:08 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I just want some toilet paper guys.

This is way out of hand.

I'm not pumping any more money into stocks. Instead, I'm placing bulk orders on toilet paper from every site I can find and hitting up every brick and mortar location I can get to. When civilization collapses and paper goods production screeches to a halt, toilet paper is going to be worth its weight in gold, and I'm a kingpin, baby.

Then you get arrested for price gouging, the government confiscates your supply and redistributes it to low income voters.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-12-2020, 09:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 09:00 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Of the 39 us fatalities, 26 were TRAGICALLY @ one nursing home and all high risk patients.  That's a little bit of an outlier that skews the mortality rate for the 1200 us cases.  A 1% mortality rate is 10 times deadlier than the flu and reason for vigilance, but the prospect of shutting down the economy as we understand it is still out of balance.  

People are scared. I understand that, but people still think we can just all decide not to go to work and the government can just give us pieces of paper to make up for it.  A.) The us economy generates 400ish billion dollars of economic activity every WEEK.  We cant just print 800 billion dollars to let half the country stay home for  a month.  B.) The concept of money that we understand is essentially a universal note of credit for goods and services.  If there is no one to produce the goods or provide the service then theres no difference between the treasury and hansboro.

The fatality rate of viral pneumonia depends on getting proper treatment on time.
Timely treatment, low rate.
Delayed treatment, higher rate.
If all the hospital beds get taken up with sick people, the next person who catches it, and every person after that, faces a much higher chance of dying than the people who got beds.
The point of closing stuff down is to slow down the rate the disease spreads at, so someone will be recovering and leaving the hospital as each new person gets sick.

Swine flu: 60 million infections (20% of the population) and u dont remember it.  We routinely absorb 30 million conventional influenza cases.  The idea that at 1.2k cases we are worried about a shortage of bed space is CRAZY.  

in european countries, like Italy, they have been fighting chronic shortages in their conventional medical system for years #pricecontrolsalwaysfail.  They are already deffering and rationing nonessential care BEFORE the outbreak.  They dont have the dynamism and flexibility to deal with the increased traffic.  That's n ok t the case here #whywepayallthosepremiums.

Science News had an article where the results from the cruise ship were used to calculate the mortality rate. It was 0.5% on average, but 7.3% for those over seventy.

This is a major concern to the American Contract Bridge League, where the average age is over 70. I have a lot of friends in the duplicate bridge community.

One other thing I read was that as the virus mutates it gets more infectious but less lethal because that's an evolutionary advantage. I guess that's good news.

Death Rate Calculation

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

You are a loyal servant to the wealthy JJ.

Give me the Australian or UK system anyday. Superior care for the majority and no chance of bankruptcy. Not to mention the policies around sick pay...

Case in Duval. 83 year old man.

(03-12-2020, 06:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

What a wonderful daughter. 

Besides that drink-fight-probation cycle you've got going on there, you're awesome.