Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-13-2020, 03:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Stock Market about to jump up 10,000 points

I'll take the wait & see approach.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2020, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just got on my cruise ship... Looks like I'll have the place to myself!

going to be pretty hard to catch something when there's no one else around...

Have a great time!

Thanks!
-45,879!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-13-2020, 04:04 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 03:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Stock Market about to jump up 10,000 points

I'll take the wait & see approach.

So just 2,000 points. Not a bad recovery considering the circumstances and national mood today.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-13-2020, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The idiot’s guide to coronavirus from an emergency physician
Rada Jones, MD | Conditions | March 9, 2020

1. Take it easy. The worst part of all this is the fear. More people die from the flu, car accidents, or guns. As of Saturday, March 7th, 19 Americans had died from COVID-19, compared to 1,177 every week from the flu, 746 from car crashes, and 294 from gunshots.
2. Wash your hands like your life depends on it. Because it does. Not only for Corona, but for the many germs you’ll acquire from touching elevator buttons, doorknobs, or somebody else’s hand. Or the dirtiest thing on earth: money: Everybody handles it, and nobody washes it. Except for the mob. And me, when I forget it in my pockets.
3. Stay home if you’re sick. Same with your children.
4. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces: Shared pens. Door handles. Water taps and toilet flushes.
5. Avoid meetings and crowded spaces, especially those hard to leave from, like planes, conferences, and churches.
6. If you want to chill with your friends, go outside: go skiing, hiking or skating rather than bowling, clubbing or the movies. More fresh air and fewer germs.
7. Cough and sneeze in your elbow or shoulder or in a tissue, not in your hand.
8. Stay away from those who sneeze, cough, or look sick.
9. Vaccinate. There’s no vaccine for Corona yet, I know. Still, more people have died from flu this year than they did from Corona all over the world.
10. If you have a fever and body aches, take Motrin or Tylenol, stay home and call your doctor.
11. Don’t touch your face or pick your nose. It only contains what it always does, boogers. But if you must, at least wash your hands first. And after.
12. Keep well hydrated with water, Gatorade, or the fluid of your choice. Note: Corona beer isn’t named after the virus, isn’t infused with it, and it won’t give you the disease. Unless you share the bottle with somebody who’s sick.
13. Remember that, unless you’re old and ill, you’ll likely recover fully, even if you catch it. Better odds than for bike crashes, bad investments, and fights with your spouse.
14. Make sure you have advanced directives. This isn’t about Corona. It’s about being prepared and in control of your life no matter what happens.
15. Rest, relax, and live healthily. Stress, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, and poor hygiene will weaken your immune system. Get enough sleep, eat well, and wash your hands. Again.

Don’t: 
1. Don’t shake hands. You don’t know where their hands have been, and you don’t want to get whatever they acquired there. Smile instead.
2. Don’t eat, drink or scratch your face if you haven’t just washed your hands really well with water, soap, and enthusiasm. Wash them like the toilet paper was too thin.
3. Don’t visit all-you-can-eat buffets, and don’t try food samples. Remember the celebrity who licked a doughnut then put it back? She’s not the only one. Sitting by the table of a buffet dinner cured me of buffet dinners. The things people do when they think nobody’s watching will make you shudder.
4. Don’t share masks.
5. Don’t go visit grandma in the nursing home if you have the sniffles. Call her instead.
6. Don’t go to the ER unless you’re deathly ill, immunocompromised, or really bored. You’ll spend a long time there, get loads of rotten looks, get irradiated, and get a hefty bill to pay, plus everybody else’s germs. The one thing you’re unlikely to get is a straight answer since testing kits are still hard to come by.
7. Don’t eat things that aren’t supposed to be eaten. Avoid pangolin, bats, civet cats, and bush meat. Avoid socializing with them too.
8. Don’t expect a Corona vaccine before next year. Vaccines take a long time to develop, because: 1) They need to work. 2) They need to be safe. That takes time and testing.
9. Don’t have unprotected sex. Not Corona specific, other than sharing body fluids, but it’s good advice. Other viruses like HIV and Herpes, also Syphilis, Chlamydia, and their other friends are looking for a loving host. Don’t let it be you.
10. Don’t call the ER to ask if they’re busy. They’re busy. Even if they weren’t, they wouldn’t give medical advice by phone. Call your doctor, and wait for them to call back. They will, as soon as they catch up with the sick and the many worried-well.
11. Don’t rub yourself all over with garlic. That’s not for Corona, that’s for vampires. Though, if you eat raw garlic, most people are likely to keep their viruses away from you.
12. Don’t share an ice cream cone, water bottles, or cutlery. Don’t let people taste your food, and don’t try theirs, no matter how good it looks.
13. Don’t drink bleach. It won’t help. Unless you inhale it, bleach goes to your stomach, while the virus targets your lungs. It will hurt, A LOT, as it burns your throat.
14. Don’t believe all the stuff you read on social media. Misinformation has become an infodemic.
15. Don’t share it either. Prayer is good for the soul, but it’s unlikely to destroy the virus. Corona is not a hoax, a democratic ploy, or a biological weapon released by the Chinese. It’s not invented by vaccine companies to make money. Otherwise, they’d sell it to you now. Elderberry, vitamins of any persuasion, or getting exorcised are unlikely to help. Wash your hands.

+1

(03-13-2020, 04:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 04:04 PM)Gabe Wrote: I'll take the wait & see approach.

So just 2,000 points. Not a bad recovery considering the circumstances and national mood today.

At least he said he'd get tested when pressed to clarify between quarantining because of possible exposure vs. displaying symptoms.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Welp. Wal-Mart looked like Black Friday today. Packed with people and shelves are empty of toilet paper, paper towels, dry beans, rice, a lot of soup brands, canned food, etc., in my area. In TWO DIFFERENT COUNTIES. And we don"t even have any confirmed cases in either county. Food Lion and Family Dollar weren't any better.

People have been laughing at those of us in Florida for years for grabbing TP in case of a hurricane. Who’s laughing now?? Us storm preppers know that toilet paper and water is the first thing to go in the stores!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Overheard a few minutes ago at a Chik-Fil-A in Tifton, GA:

“The President has done nothing to stop this.”

Said by an older white couple waiting for their food amidst the tray-less zoo that reeks of freshly sprayed 70% IPA-based cleaner.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/delta-sus...s-pandemic

This confirms my feelings for the commercial airline industry.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 07:51 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/reckless/status/1238...92549?s=19

Another human mistake? He sure does have a lot of those

(03-13-2020, 07:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/reckless/status/1238...92549?s=19

Another human mistake? He sure does have a lot of those

Not google....  Google engineers helping in a sister company.  

What's the benefit package like at politofact?

If you are short on TP and can't find any on the shelves, you can stretch the TP supply you do have by using a perineal wash. Put it in a spray bottle and moisten your TP.  If you run out of TP, use it on a napkin, paper towel, washcloth, etc.  It requires no rinsing, and does a good job of cleaning with less paper.

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Soothe-Ri...ef=sr_1_15

(03-13-2020, 09:35 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: If you are short on TP and can't find any on the shelves, you can stretch the TP supply you do have by using a perineal wash. Put it in a spray bottle and moisten your TP.  If you run out of TP, use it on a napkin, paper towel, washcloth, etc.  It requires no rinsing, and does a good job of cleaning with less paper.

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Soothe-Ri...ef=sr_1_15

Or man up, and just go to the shower and wash that area with your hands and soap, then wash your hands good with water and soap.

Lowe's certainly looked like a regular Saturday afternoon.

Can't say the same for the restaurants last night or this morning.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Full on freakout here in Tacoma every store out of tp. Plenty of water still tho

The food will go next.

(03-14-2020, 03:29 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Full on freakout here in Tacoma every store out of tp. Plenty of water still tho

Conserve resources and use both sides.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 05:58 PM by JackCity.)

Just a flu

https://twitter.com/RachelDonadio/status...72288?s=19

(03-14-2020, 05:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: Just a flu

No, not that serious. The flu has already killed tens of thousands this year while the Spanish flu killed tens of millions. But I understand. HOW CAN WE NOT REACT TO ALL CAPS?

(03-14-2020, 06:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 05:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: Just a flu

No, not that serious. The flu has already killed tens of thousands this year while the Spanish flu killed tens of millions. But I understand. HOW CAN WE NOT REACT TO ALL CAPS?

The corona virus is just a media creation. Amazed the government and all those businesses are reacting to it so strongly