Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Tax deadline extended 3 months. Shouldn't have taken this long to happen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2020, 09:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 02:00 AM)jj82284 Wrote: The elderly person shouldn't be working as a CASHIER!!!  They should be sequestered.  

Also, the Global testing regime is a joke.  This is a largely asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic.  Diagnosticslly it is almost indistinguishable from the other myriad of respitory diseases associated with this time of year (no country has more than about a 7% positive rate on corona virus tests, most with pre screening).  When you have a virus that hides that way you have a 0% chance of knowing what the actual viral concentration is.  And if you dont know the viral concentration rate then u dont ACTUALLY LNOW the mortality and morbidity rates.  At current we only test the most symptomatic cases so that will obviously give u a skewed result.  

There are theories that a lot of cases in Washington and the Pacific coast were seeded before the first known case (1/21/2020) presented here in the states.  We know that the first signs in Wuhan presented in november (if not earlier) theres no way that no one got on a plane before mid january.
Sequestered?  They're not a judge presiding over a high profile legal case; they are most likely trying to makes ends meet because their Soc Sec/Retirement is inadequate for whatever reason.  So, because someone cant behave responsibly and follow simple rules, another person might be denied working?

So to protect the cashier close the whole restaraunt and they dont get a check anyway?  Got it.

(03-20-2020, 10:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tax deadline extended 3 months. Shouldn't have taken this long to happen.

I'm worried about the Presidential election. You think voter fraud happens in person? Wait until we have the Supreme Court stepping in to tell us how close a signature on a mail-in ballot has to be for it to "match" the signature on file. Both parties will be actively engaged in voter suppression using this method.

(03-20-2020, 11:07 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tax deadline extended 3 months. Shouldn't have taken this long to happen.

I'm worried about the Presidential election. You think voter fraud happens in person? Wait until we have the Supreme Court stepping in to tell us how close a signature on a mail-in ballot has to be for it to "match" the signature on file. Both parties will be actively engaged in voter suppression using this method.

Speaking of, I find myself trying to picture Joe Biden leading the charge against this and simply can't imagine him standing at the podium taking the types of questions being fired at The Don.

The Trump base is angry and fired up judging by primary turnout numbers. There were states where Trump had more votes than the democratic candidates combined. Will be interesting...

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 11:16 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(03-20-2020, 10:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Regarding elderly sequestering:

I've been limiting my trips to any store to at least 50% of what I might typically do.
However, I have encountered a number of employees at these places who are clearly well north of 60 years old handling cash and/or not taking outward precautions with their hands and face.

I realize that people are trying to make a paycheck as long as they can in case this thing gets really weird and extends well into summer.  BUT - these folks need to be encouraged to protect themselves more aggressively IMO. That should start with their employers making them stay home - perhaps offering some assistance where possible.
Man, I hear you.  I am taking the same types of precautions.  And I agree that employers need to take whatever means they can to keep ALL thier employees as safe as possible.  My original point somewhere further up this thread was that people need to rein in their obviously irresponsible behavior before they potentially harm others.  And if they can't or don't want to, then it needs to be done for them.  it's been documented now on many videos that some people out there are going to do whatever the hell they want regardless of the consequences to anyone else.   I am all for civil liberties, as long as others are not being harmed, but this is a whole different situation.  The irresponsible are making a bad situation potentially even worse, and that just doesn't have to be so.

(03-20-2020, 11:03 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Sequestered?  They're not a judge presiding over a high profile legal case; they are most likely trying to makes ends meet because their Soc Sec/Retirement is inadequate for whatever reason.  So, because someone cant behave responsibly and follow simple rules, another person might be denied working?

So to protect the cashier close the whole restaraunt and they dont get a check anyway?  Got it.

You are familiar with the concept of take out, yes?

Amazing how people will go to any lengths to defend the obviously idiotic.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-20-2020, 11:13 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Regarding elderly sequestering:

I've been limiting my trips to any store to at least 50% of what I might typically do.
However, I have encountered a number of employees at these places who are clearly well north of 60 years old handling cash and/or not taking outward precautions with their hands and face.

I realize that people are trying to make a paycheck as long as they can in case this thing gets really weird and extends well into summer.  BUT - these folks need to be encouraged to protect themselves more aggressively IMO. That should start with their employers making them stay home - perhaps offering some assistance where possible.
Man, I hear you.  I am taking the same types of precautions.  And I agree that employers need to take whatever means they can to keep ALL thier employees as safe as possible.  My original point somewhere further up this thread was that people need to rein in their obviously irresponsible behavior before they potentially harm others.  And if they can't or don't want to, then it needs to be done for them.  it's been documented now on many videos that some people out there are going to do whatever the hell they want regardless of the consequences to anyone else.   I am all for civil liberties, as long as others are not being harmed, but this is a whole different situation.  The irresponsible are making a bad situation potentially even worse, and that just doesn't have to be so.

(03-20-2020, 11:03 AM)jj82284 Wrote: So to protect the cashier close the whole restaraunt and they dont get a check anyway?  Got it.

Your'e familiar with the tipping system of compensation, yes? You certainly are a fan of the government mandates, maybe you should change your name to NewJackbootCity.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-20-2020, 11:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:07 AM)TJBender Wrote: I'm worried about the Presidential election. You think voter fraud happens in person? Wait until we have the Supreme Court stepping in to tell us how close a signature on a mail-in ballot has to be for it to "match" the signature on file. Both parties will be actively engaged in voter suppression using this method.

Speaking of, I find myself trying to picture Joe Biden leading the charge against this and simply can't imagine him standing at the podium taking the types of questions being fired at The Don.

The Trump base is angry and fired up judging by primary turnout numbers. There were states where Trump had more votes than the democratic candidates combined. Will be interesting...

Personally, I'm not a fan of having any cranky old senile white guy trying to run the response to a pandemic. Trump's been a disaster and he's lucky to have Fauci and the dynamic trio of McConnell, Pelosi and Mnuchin saving his [BLEEP]. Biden would probably just stand there and shout at things.

It makes sense for some restaurants to convert their wait staff into delivery drivers.

One thing that lowered my blood pressure today is seeing there are TWO coronavirus studies for the blood pressure medicine I'm ALREADY TAKING!

I hope everyone is safe & well.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 11:52 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-20-2020, 11:39 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Speaking of, I find myself trying to picture Joe Biden leading the charge against this and simply can't imagine him standing at the podium taking the types of questions being fired at The Don.

Personally, I'm not a fan of having any cranky old senile white guy trying to run the response to a pandemic. Trump's been a disaster and he's lucky to have Fauci and the dynamic trio of McConnell, Pelosi and Mnuchin saving his [BLEEP]. Biden would probably just stand there and shout at things.

Pelosi and her toilet paper earrings saving Trump? Pelosi held up aide trying to sneak tax payer funded abortions in. You can hate Trump, but Pelosi is terrible.

Now that I think about it, the toilet paper earrings are probably appropriate because she has [BLEEP] for brains.

[Image: pelosi-tp-earrings-1024x538.jpg]

(03-20-2020, 11:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:39 AM)TJBender Wrote: Personally, I'm not a fan of having any cranky old senile white guy trying to run the response to a pandemic. Trump's been a disaster and he's lucky to have Fauci and the dynamic trio of McConnell, Pelosi and Mnuchin saving his [BLEEP]. Biden would probably just stand there and shout at things.

Pelosi and her toilet paper earrings saving Trump? Pelosi held up aide trying to sneak tax payer funded abortions in. You can hate Trump, but Pelosi is terrible.

I don't like Pelosi. Like, at all. But she's worked directly with Mnuchin and McConnell on COVID-19 relief. If the Senate passed something with no relief to individuals but massive tax breaks for big companies to "trickle down", it'd never pass the House. If the House passed $10,000 per person making under $50k per year with $0 for anyone else, that would also fail, as it should. The two of them combining heads with Mnuchin is what's moving things so quickly. Left to their own chambers, we'd get relief from COVID-19 just in time for COVID-34

(03-20-2020, 11:51 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Pelosi and her toilet paper earrings saving Trump? Pelosi held up aide trying to sneak tax payer funded abortions in. You can hate Trump, but Pelosi is terrible.

I don't like Pelosi. Like, at all. But she's worked directly with Mnuchin and McConnell on COVID-19 relief. If the Senate passed something with no relief to individuals but massive tax breaks for big companies to "trickle down", it'd never pass the House. If the House passed $10,000 per person making under $50k per year with $0 for anyone else, that would also fail, as it should. The two of them combining heads with Mnuchin is what's moving things so quickly. Left to their own chambers, we'd get relief from COVID-19 just in time for COVID-34

ABC poll said 55% of Americans approve of Trump handling of COVID-19. I'm not a big poll guy, but if thats an ABC poll, the real number is likely at 65%.

(03-20-2020, 11:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:51 AM)TJBender Wrote: I don't like Pelosi. Like, at all. But she's worked directly with Mnuchin and McConnell on COVID-19 relief. If the Senate passed something with no relief to individuals but massive tax breaks for big companies to "trickle down", it'd never pass the House. If the House passed $10,000 per person making under $50k per year with $0 for anyone else, that would also fail, as it should. The two of them combining heads with Mnuchin is what's moving things so quickly. Left to their own chambers, we'd get relief from COVID-19 just in time for COVID-34

ABC poll said 55% of Americans approve of Trump handling of COVID-19. I'm not a big poll guy, but if thats an ABC poll, the real number is likely at 65%.

I don't feel like arguing politics right now. I gave credit where it's due on both sides of the aisle. End of story.

(03-20-2020, 12:00 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: ABC poll said 55% of Americans approve of Trump handling of COVID-19. I'm not a big poll guy, but if thats an ABC poll, the real number is likely at 65%.

I don't feel like arguing politics right now. I gave credit where it's due on both sides of the aisle. End of story.

I am just trying to understand the context of you considering Trump's response a "disaster". I, and majority of America completely disagree.

Let's move on.

Now Day Care places are starting to close... we are in for a wild ride.

(03-20-2020, 12:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Now Day Care places are starting to close... we are in for a wild ride.

Why weren't they already closed?

(03-20-2020, 12:20 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 12:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Now Day Care places are starting to close... we are in for a wild ride.

Because they are run by people and not governments.

Most are still open.

(03-20-2020, 12:21 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 12:20 PM)TJBender Wrote: Why weren't they already closed?

Because they are run by people and not governments.

Most are still open.

I'm not aware of any government directive specific to daycare centers.
We need some of them to stay open, and we need them to only accept children of health care workers and other essential workers like police and private security guards.
While this seems like common sense, they won't do it unless a president or governor directs them to.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-20-2020, 11:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:13 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Man, I hear you.  I am taking the same types of precautions.  And I agree that employers need to take whatever means they can to keep ALL thier employees as safe as possible.  My original point somewhere further up this thread was that people need to rein in their obviously irresponsible behavior before they potentially harm others.  And if they can't or don't want to, then it needs to be done for them.  it's been documented now on many videos that some people out there are going to do whatever the hell they want regardless of the consequences to anyone else.   I am all for civil liberties, as long as others are not being harmed, but this is a whole different situation.  The irresponsible are making a bad situation potentially even worse, and that just doesn't have to be so.

Your'e familiar with the tipping system of compensation, yes? You certainly are a fan of the government mandates, maybe you should change your name to NewJackbootCity.
I always tip at least 20%.  I voted for DeSantis and am a lifelong Republican.  I wouldn't vote for a left-wing Democrat even at gunpoint.  So, no, I am not a fan of government mandates, as you assume.  I am a fan of common sense.  The government is supposed to provide basic services to its tax paying members, and in situations like this, protection of its people from morons who wont police themselves.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-20-2020, 12:24 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Your'e familiar with the tipping system of compensation, yes? You certainly are a fan of the government mandates, maybe you should change your name to NewJackbootCity.
I always tip at least 20%.  I voted for DeSantis and am a lifelong Republican.  I wouldn't vote for a left-wing Democrat even at gunpoint.  So, no, I am not a fan of government mandates, as you assume.  I am a fan of common sense.  The government is supposed to provide basic services to its tax paying members, and in situations like this, protection of its people from morons who wont police themselves.

You act like righties can't violate the Constitution just as easy as lefties. Not a dime's worth of difference between the two.

Because we cannot and should not shut down our entire freaking society over this. To do so will be far more damaging than the virus itself.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 12:47 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I was in Puerto Rico Sunday when the issued a curfew -- nobody allowed outside other than to do to the doctors, pharmacy, grocery store, and take-out food.  They also closed all of the beaches and mandated restaurants only provide take-out.   All hotels shut down their pools as well and they even shut down all of the stores in the airport.  They enacted a $5,000 fine and up to 6 months in jail for anyone breaking curfew.

It's going to get ugly here.  Our actions to this are very slow, but then again we have 100x the population than Puerto Rico does.  THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.   IT'S GOING TO GET REALLY UGLY !!  MARK MY WORDS