Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was arguing with progressives on a progressive message board a few weeks ago about why I thought the name change was political, not racial. They called me every name in the book, even though I cited evidence that China's influence in the WHO has grown tremendously over the last few years. Well, I posted that video and not one person replied to me. Imagine that.

(03-30-2020, 07:17 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 04:12 AM)Jagfan44 Wrote: Considering the amount of cases in high profile individuals, recently Boselli, Kevin Durant, Boris Johnson, even several weeks ago when all the madness was just beginning you had the Mayor of Miami, Tom Hanks and a few others test positive and this was when we had just a few thousand confirmed here in the U.S. Back then this lead me to believe that the actual number of cases is probably at least ten times the confirmed cases. If this were true I would consider this to be very good news.

That would mean we caused a depression for nothing.

No, if we defeat just 1 #orangemanbad it will have been worth it!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Should they be punished in some fashion?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-30-2020, 10:00 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Should they be punished in some fashion?

I hope their god saves their parents and grandparents when they get a totally avoidable disease.

(03-30-2020, 07:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It looks like we can count out the World Health Organization as a source of accurate information in the fight against COVID-19.

More here.

The articles explain that mainland China is interfering in the lines of communication between WHO and Taiwan.  Probably they are interfering with Hong Kong as well.  This is not really news; Beijing has always seen Taiwan as a province of China and interfered with Taiwan's ability to interact with other nations.

Meanwhile, there is no reason to doubt information that WHO is relaying out of any European or Latin American country, nor most countries in Asia or Africa.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-30-2020, 10:02 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

I hope their god saves their parents and grandparents when they get a totally avoidable disease.

+1
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Welp, Gov. Hogan did it, issued a "stay at home" order for us in Maryland so.....

This [BLEEP] is getting out of hand
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

(03-30-2020, 10:42 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 07:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It looks like we can count out the World Health Organization as a source of accurate information in the fight against COVID-19.

More here.

The articles explain that mainland China is interfering in the lines of communication between WHO and Taiwan.  Probably they are interfering with Hong Kong as well.  This is not really news; Beijing has always seen Taiwan as a province of China and interfered with Taiwan's ability to interact with other nations.

Meanwhile, there is no reason to doubt information that WHO is relaying out of any European or Latin American country, nor most countries in Asia or Africa.

Are you intentionally missing the point?

(03-30-2020, 11:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 10:42 AM)mikesez Wrote: The articles explain that mainland China is interfering in the lines of communication between WHO and Taiwan.  Probably they are interfering with Hong Kong as well.  This is not really news; Beijing has always seen Taiwan as a province of China and interfered with Taiwan's ability to interact with other nations.

Intentionally, no.  You said that WHO is no longer a source of accurate information, based on the articles.
The articles pertain to interaction between WHO, Beijing, and Taipei only.  WHO is worldwide, not just in China or Taiwan, and so is COVID-19. WHO interacts with all nations.  What am I missing?

(03-30-2020, 11:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 10:42 AM)mikesez Wrote: The articles explain that mainland China is interfering in the lines of communication between WHO and Taiwan.  Probably they are interfering with Hong Kong as well.  This is not really news; Beijing has always seen Taiwan as a province of China and interfered with Taiwan's ability to interact with other nations.

You're not new here...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-30-2020, 11:57 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Are you intentionally missing the point?

Intentionally, no.  You said that WHO is no longer a source of accurate information, based on the articles.
The articles pertain to interaction between WHO, Beijing, and Taipei only.  WHO is worldwide, not just in China or Taiwan, and so is COVID-19. WHO interacts with all nations.  What am I missing?

The glaring point being that this doctor is so compromised by pressure from China that not only does he not diplomatically and politely deflect the question, he refuses to acknowledge it. What this clearly indicates is that the credibility of WHO is undermined by governmental pressures. The WHOs integrity as a neutral international organization is undoubtedly sabotaged, whether it be from China, the U.S., or any other government which wishes to subvert them.

(03-30-2020, 12:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: Intentionally, no.  You said that WHO is no longer a source of accurate information, based on the articles.

The glaring point being that this doctor is so compromised by pressure from China that not only does he not diplomatically and politely deflect the question, he refuses to acknowledge it. What this clearly indicates is that the credibility of WHO is undermined by governmental pressures. The WHOs integrity as a neutral international organization is undoubtedly sabotaged, whether it be from China, the U.S., or any other government which wishes to subvert them.

So this doctor would be an excellent US politician, no?
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(03-30-2020, 12:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: Intentionally, no.  You said that WHO is no longer a source of accurate information, based on the articles.

The Taiwan-China situation trips up a lot of people.  A lot.  Including our current President.  Each of our past Presidents had problems with it too.
I'd refuse to acknowledge it as well - if my job was saving as many lives as possible and I needed to keep the Beijing government appeased in order to do that job.
I'm totally OK to say, all this means we can't trust news about the virus coming out of China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan.  I'm also OK to say, that maybe WHO's deference to Beijing delayed their response to the virus worldwide.  
But none of that gives us much reason to doubt what WHO officials in other countries are saying today.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 01:07 PM by homebiscuit.)

(03-30-2020, 12:51 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The glaring point being that this doctor is so compromised by pressure from China that not only does he not diplomatically and politely deflect the question, he refuses to acknowledge it. What this clearly indicates is that the credibility of WHO is undermined by governmental pressures. The WHOs integrity as a neutral international organization is undoubtedly sabotaged, whether it be from China, the U.S., or any other government which wishes to subvert them.

So this doctor would be an excellent US politician, no?

Indeed.

(03-30-2020, 12:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The glaring point being that this doctor is so compromised by pressure from China that not only does he not diplomatically and politely deflect the question, he refuses to acknowledge it. What this clearly indicates is that the credibility of WHO is undermined by governmental pressures. The WHOs integrity as a neutral international organization is undoubtedly sabotaged, whether it be from China, the U.S., or any other government which wishes to subvert them.

The Taiwan-China situation trips up a lot of people.  A lot.  Including our current President.  Each of our past Presidents had problems with it too.
I'd refuse to acknowledge it as well - if my job was saving as many lives as possible and I needed to keep the Beijing government appeased in order to do that job.
I'm totally OK to say, all this means we can't trust news about the virus coming out of China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan.  I'm also OK to say, that maybe WHO's deference to Beijing delayed their response to the virus worldwide.  
But none of that gives us much reason to doubt what WHO officials in other countries are saying today.

It gives us every doubt. I fail to see how he is saving lives by overtly carrying China's water. Refusing to acknowledge the existence of 24 million people is not appeasement, it's corrupt.

Punished?  As in by the federal government?  Absolutely not.  Reference Amendment 1.

Do I think it's a good idea for these churches (or any others) to hold services right now?  No.  However people have their rights under The Constitution.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Think I prefer this tracking site to most of the others I've seen.

A good site with projections for every state according to the current rules in place:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

Looking at the projections for Florida, it looks like we will run out of ICU beds on April 15 and the demand will exceed the supply until May 15. These next few weeks are critical.

(03-30-2020, 02:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Think I prefer this tracking site to most of the others I've seen.

That's the one I've been using too.

The death curve flattened by a day today. Up to 4 from 3. 

Great news.