Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Disappointed to see DeSantis fold like this, unless there is something larger at play here...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm ready to stay home for the whole month. I just completed a major Costco run. I wore a P95 mask.
There was a line outside because they were only letting a certain number of people inside, but it moved pretty fast.
No TP, Lysol wipes, soap or chicken.
I doubled up on beef, seafood, hot dogs, potatoes and vino.

This is not good

https://1037theloon.com/bejing-confirms-...-19-virus/

(04-01-2020, 02:11 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did corrupt Mayor Gillum come around monthly and collect his "take" or threaten to break your legs?

Maybe you could also present a positive comment so as to round things out, eh SC?

Well, it's good thing DeSantis won so that the Governor wasn't in "rehab" while this has been going on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-01-2020, 03:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 02:11 PM)Gabe Wrote: Maybe you could also present a positive comment so as to round things out, eh SC?

Well, it's good thing DeSantis won so that the Governor wasn't in "rehab" while this has been going on.

There's the participation trophy SC needs.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-01-2020, 09:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:13 AM)ColoJag Wrote: It's just 2 weeks, it's not 3 months of food supplies...

Lol, have you bought toilet paper recently?

i have and up here in Pennsylvania we have been on lockdown for alot longer. I live an hour out of NYC

(04-01-2020, 02:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:55 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Why can't we just shut down EVERYTHING except hospitals and actual essential jobs for 2 weeks? Close grocery stores, hardware stores, and all the stores like them for 2 weeks. Tell people they have by the end of the week to stock up on whatever they need and once next Monday starts everything is closed. Because if everyone actually quarantines for 2 weeks then how would it spread?

This probably is needed, but how can you make companies take care of their employees? Short of saying no one gets fired, no one has to pay for anything but food/medical (i.e. no rent, mortgage, etc), how do you think that would work?

Well plenty of companies are already closed so those people are already going through those struggles. Most people work 5 days a week so you just giving your employees a 2 week semi-paid(i would cut it to 50%) "vacation" essentially . So that's 10 days with 50% less pay which the 1200 would make up for.

Mike Pence says US on a similar trajectory as Italy.

Wow I guess he's a "liar" too?

(04-01-2020, 03:54 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 09:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, have you bought toilet paper recently?

i have and up here in Pennsylvania we have been on lockdown for alot longer. I live an hour out of NYC

Dude, can you please sanitize your hands before you log into this website and post.  I'm not sure how this COVID-19 is actually transmitted but I'm not taking any chances of it coming through the world wide web.

The "stay-at-home order" issued by the governor doesn't really change anything.  I will be coming off of my self-imposed 14 day quarantine in a few days and will be back at work on Monday barring any other issues.  I am fortunate in that my job afforded me to work from home this past couple of weeks.  Unfortunately my job and position is deemed "essential" in the eyes of DoD and DHS.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-01-2020, 04:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "stay-at-home order" issued by the governor doesn't really change anything.  I will be coming off of my self-imposed 14 day quarantine in a few days and will be back at work on Monday barring any other issues.  I am fortunate in that my job afforded me to work from home this past couple of weeks.  Unfortunately my job and position is deemed "essential" in the eyes of DoD and DHS.

Same here, as we're instructed to be under quarantine for 14 days from my wife's positive test-date (barring any further symptoms from me, if they show). 

Main difference is that we can't visit with our daughter or parents. I suppose we could lie and tell the officer who pulls us over that we're heading to the grocery store.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-01-2020, 04:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "stay-at-home order" issued by the governor doesn't really change anything.  I will be coming off of my self-imposed 14 day quarantine in a few days and will be back at work on Monday barring any other issues.  I am fortunate in that my job afforded me to work from home this past couple of weeks.  Unfortunately my job and position is deemed "essential" in the eyes of DoD and DHS.
Why do you consider this unfortunate? If you don't want to go to work then quit.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 05:12 PM by B2hibry.)

(04-01-2020, 04:02 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Mike Pence says US on a similar trajectory as Italy.

Wow I guess he's a "liar" too?

What trajectory is that? Context.

(04-01-2020, 02:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Disappointed to see DeSantis fold like this, unless there is something larger at play here...
Doesn't change much, if anything.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

the early pages of this thread are pretty funny to look back at

(04-01-2020, 05:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: the early pages of this thread are pretty funny to look back at

You call it funny...I call it sad.

43 States have less than 100 deaths
48 states have less than 10,000 cases
There are 320,000,000 Americans, 4,700ish dead

We have shut down the world's greatest economy and plan to keep adding trillions to our debt to prop it up. Something isn't adding up....

(04-01-2020, 05:22 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: the early pages of this thread are pretty funny to look back at

We have shut down the world's greatest economy and plan to keep adding trillions to our debt to prop it up. Something isn't adding up....
Because without shutting it down, these figures double every 4 days and soon you have.....

50 State have more than 100,000 dead
50 States have more than 10,000,000 cases

(04-01-2020, 04:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
Why do you consider this unfortunate? If you don't want to go to work then quit.

I think it's unfortunate because we really shouldn't be doing what we do (as far as having groups of people in a small confined space).  I don't know if I had/have the virus and it would be unfortunate for me to transmit it to somebody else unknowingly.  We have many people that work with us that are in their 60's (a higher risk age group) and that's just the people that work under me.  Who knows who or what our customers come in contact with regarding other high risk individuals?

Keep in mind I am LOW in the chain of command where I work.  It's just my opinion, but I do think that we could suspend operations for a couple of weeks and have it not be detrimental to DoD or DHS needs.  However, I don't make that decision rather it's made by high ranking military and government officials.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-01-2020, 05:22 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

I know, right?  How dare these idiots value human life over money!

(04-01-2020, 04:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

That’s a bit harsh, don’t ya think?

(04-01-2020, 05:29 PM)captivating Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:22 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You call it funny...I call it sad.

Because without shutting it down, these figures double every 4 days and soon you have.....

50 State have more than 100,000 dead
50 States have more than 10,000,000 cases
Numbers double based on what math? The models change every day drastically lower as time goes on. If the shutdown was to flatten the curve so to speak, what do we all do when things go back to relative normal? Are we going to shutdown again? The virus isn't going away. And I hate to do this because it sounds like I am not taking this 8th strain of coronavirus seriously, but has anyone sat and looked at flu numbers or other health-related causes of death in the same time frame? Those numbers dwarf COVID numbers! What about H1N1? We didn't stop the economy then.

How come we aren't hearing reports in the USA of the number of deaths that were "previous health conditions" or were just from pneumonia not as a condition of COVID-19? Italy has reported that 99% of COVID-19 deaths had a severe condition beforehand.

All this to say, we are not getting the full story and reporting is slanted heavily towards "if it bleeds, it reads" in what appears to be to cause fear and panic.