Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Update on our situation:

My wife just got re-tested this morning at St. Vincent's because her PCP told her that if she's fully recovered, healthcare providers and scientists are in great need of plasma from both recovered or immune individuals. She took a swab again. Good news - if you've tested positive previously, they now have the capacity to cross-reference new samples with old ones and provide a relatively quick result (30-60 minutes). Bad news - she's still positive for CV19.

More frustrating than anything else right now. You can tell yourself that you should be thankful till you're blue in the face, but not knowing exactly when/how it was contracted in the first place. So if/when she feels fatigued or short of breath again, is it due to CV19, or just stress? Hard not knowing where she is in the whole process, even though we're assuming she's in recovery. Plus the added first-world guilt of feeling a certain way knowing that thousands have died already and thousands more will die soon enough.

PCP told her to go back again 1 week from now.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-09-2020, 11:15 AM)Gabe Wrote: Update on our situation:

My wife just got re-tested this morning at St. Vincent's because her PCP told her that if she's fully recovered, healthcare providers and scientists are in great need of plasma from both recovered or immune individuals. She took a swab again. Good news - if you've tested positive previously, they now have the capacity to cross-reference new samples with old ones and provide a relatively quick result (30-60 minutes). Bad news - she's still positive for CV19.

More frustrating than anything else right now. You can tell yourself that you should be thankful till you're blue in the face, but not knowing exactly when/how it was contracted in the first place. So if/when she feels fatigued or short of breath again, is it due to CV19, or just stress? Hard not knowing where she is in the whole process, even though we're assuming she's in recovery. Plus the added first-world guilt of feeling a certain way knowing that thousands have died already and thousands more will die soon enough.

Look at it this way, you're helping to build herd immunity, and thankfully without serious consequences.

(04-09-2020, 11:19 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Look at it this way, you're helping to build herd immunity, and thankfully without serious consequences.
My inner Dwight is itching to get the all-clear to help make antibodies.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

This whole thing smells to me. Has anyone asked why isn't Beijing flooded with cases?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=covid+19+c...B4CBC02477

Also when I typed in the question, Covid 19 cases in Beijing I only got one hit. I am telling you we are being lied to and manipulated.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-09-2020, 11:21 AM)copycat Wrote: This whole thing smells to me.  Has anyone asked why isn't Beijing flooded with cases?  

https://www.bing.com/search?q=covid+19+c...B4CBC02477

Also when I typed in the question, Covid 19 cases in Beijing I only got one hit.  I am telling you we are being lied to and manipulated.

Bruh...  nah nah.  Give me the blue pill.  Were not ready for ww3.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope she starts feeling better. No reason to feel any guilt. She's your wife. What happens outside of your world is not your problem nor your issue. You life has to go on as does hers no matter how many people die on a daily basis. Such is the nature of this world and more than likely an unforgiving law of the universe. 

I live by this saying from Plato to the best of my abilities though and I'll echo it for you now. 

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You and your wife hang in there.  Have her try to take it easy and stay calm (I know it's easier said than done).  Good luck and I'll say an extra prayer for you both.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 12:49 PM by Caldrac.)

The economic situation is beginning to finally bleed over into my workplace. FDOT has been signaling to our company that they're hoping the Government will have something in play by May or they anticipate things to get flat out nasty and scary for everyone's future. They fear we may never recover from this economic hit if the Government doesn't start trying to resume things back to a somewhat level of normal operations. They're seeking creative ways to generate revenue for the time being.

And with Unemployment now reaching the 15M mark. I fear those concerns are beyond valid. I really don't think there's a "going back to normal" after all of this dust settles. I expect over the next 18 months to get very interesting. Especially in a Geopolitical sense. If it ever comes to light that China made this virus deliberately?

I hate to say it. But they drew first blood in this case. And in that scenario? STRONG retribution MUST be considered. Not just here within our Government. But also with the help of the UN and CFR. There must be an answer for this issue with China. They need to get their [BLEEP] house in order over there. Whether by reformations or war.

This [BLEEP] simply cannot happen again. Chinese Democracy doesn't work. You can say whatever the hell you want to say about the US. But, China has been long, long overdue for a gut check. And if anything? I hope this encourages American businesses to partake less and less in relying on Chinese infrastructure and keeping more and more infrastructure here on American soil. Need to seriously reconsider the way we've been doing things for far too long now.

It's not working. I haven't heard [BLEEP] about Russia, Iran nor North Korea lately amid this pandemic. Granted. I don't watch FOX nor CNN or any major "news" outlet on television so perhaps I have missed a good amount of information relating to them in particular. But something has to give at some point in the Geopolitical sense of things.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

What's supposed to happen in 18 months?

Not knowing has got to be frustrating to end.  I still contend that this thing is what hit Duval in January.  They tested for "flu" came back negative so it was an upper respiratory infection.  Hope she gets the all clear soon.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 02:07 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-09-2020, 01:22 PM)jj82284 Wrote: What's supposed to happen in 18 months?

Over the course of 18 months? A lot can happen. I think a lot of Governments and Corporations are going to take this pandemic as an opportunity to change the way the World operates for moving forward. For better or worse (in their case, better for THEM and worse for US). 

There's no way we all walk out of this as a Society without all of the real movers and shakers (in their minds, they're probably the self proclaimed Idealists and Innovators for us all) without there being some significant changes. 

Geopolitical landscape should see some significant changes. Economically here and globally we'll see some significant changes. We had to live through a culture of fear for nearly a decade post 9/11. And that was mostly just here on our soil. 

Security and Big Brother saw a significant surge in it's foothold regarding our daily lives and privacy. A lot of laws were put in place. A lot of checkpoints were put in place. I expect to see similar stances taken after this settles down. Through background checks, people traveling globally and so forth. It'll be harder on the majority of people. 

Again, there's just no going "back to normal" after this. There's no [BLEEP] way. Too many hands are involved now. Too many high profile names are getting a lot of leeway with this. People need to really start paying the [BLEEP] attention outside of just what FOX and CNN are telling them.

(04-09-2020, 01:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 01:22 PM)jj82284 Wrote: What's supposed to happen in 18 months?

Over the course of 18 months? A lot can happen. I think a lot of Governments and Corporations are going to take this pandemic as an opportunity to change the way the World operates for moving forward. For better or worse (in their case, better for THEM and worse for US). 

There's no way we all walk out of this as a Society without all of the real movers and shakers (in their minds, they're probably the self proclaimed Idealists and Innovators for us all) without there being some significant changes. 

Geopolitical landscape should see some significant changes. Economically here and globally we'll see some significant changes. We had to live through a culture of fear for nearly a decade post 9/11. And that was mostly just here on our soil. 

Security and Big Brother saw a significant surge in it's foothold regarding our daily lives and privacy. A lot of laws were put in place. A lot of checkpoints were put in place. I expect to see similar stances taken after this settles down. Through background checks, people traveling globally and so forth. It'll be harder on the majority of people. 

Again, there's just no going "back to normal" after this. There's no [BLEEP] way. Too many hands are involved now. Too many high profile names are getting a lot of leeway with this. People need to really start paying the [BLEEP] attention outside of just what FOX and CNN are telling them.

No no.  U misunderstand.  I'm with u on that.  My question was, what made u pic 18 months as a timeframe?

(04-09-2020, 02:35 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 01:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Over the course of 18 months? A lot can happen. I think a lot of Governments and Corporations are going to take this pandemic as an opportunity to change the way the World operates for moving forward. For better or worse (in their case, better for THEM and worse for US). 

No no.  U misunderstand.  I'm with u on that.  My question was, what made u pic 18 months as a timeframe?

With it being mid April. I think they'll draw this COVID19 ordeal out through at least mid June. Or at least try to. I think by the end of this month there should be some type of talks or at least traction being gained in regards to how and when they're going to stop with the social distancing and try to get the Economy out of this drunken stupor they've put it in. 

So that'll be the first order. Then you have the election this year. Another side show. But with Biden all but being incapable of speaking properly and fluently in the interviews I have seen and with Sanders burning himself out of the race already I think if anyone had any doubts that Trump would be ousted (the Left didn't stand a chance pre COVID19 to begin with) in 2020? It's all about stomped out. 

Politically I don't lean nor favor either side of the aisle. But the amount of time the Left spent cannibalizing itself over the last four years while attempting this massive, massive witch hunt and Red Scare 2.0 with Russian collusion it was pathetic. They've left little to no desire to take much interest in their views. 

That takes care of the remainder of this year. Going into 2021. That leaves us with another year. I think this is where the concerns should start if you're a citizen here or elsewhere. The economy may or may not be back to normal. A lot of people will be unemployed. I think Corporations will look for ways to keep this "social distancing" in effect as they may see it beneficial long term as far as money being spent for company budgets and so forth. 

Laws, especially in the medical area will get interesting. And then there's always the finger pointing and [BLEEP] show of smear campaigns coming against China for this. So War is a real possibility. Maybe not directly with China in a battlefront sense. But certainly between the trading (which was already moving against them here under Trump) and the Economy between us and them will be at risk. 

18 months just seems to be the right amount of time for people to get things done in their own favor. And by people I mean movers and shakers. Corporate owners, etc. 18 months was also the number being thrown around a lot as far as a vaccine being secured and potentially tested. Which I think they're had some testing on a vaccine already initiated on a woman in Seattle a few days ago. A trial run. 

We'll see.

Another article showing ventilators don't work.
https://apnews.com/8ccd325c2be9bf454c2128dcb7bd616d

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 05:52 PM by lastonealive.)

(04-09-2020, 07:16 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 04:46 AM)captivating Wrote: USA capitalism sucks as much [BLEEP] as China socialism.

USA health care is just embarrassing.  

The whole USA political system needs a hard reset.

I presume your choice is European style socialism? So when are you moving to Italy or Spain to take advantage of their superior health care?

Or is Venezuela is also an option.

I don't think you are in any position to mock the Italian or Spanish systems at this point.

And at least the ones who survive won't be bankrupted.

https://youtu.be/xvzZ56ZbWy8

(04-09-2020, 05:50 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:16 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: I presume your choice is European style socialism? So when are you moving to Italy or Spain to take advantage of their superior health care?

Or is Venezuela is also an option.

I don't think you are in any position to mock the Italian or Spanish systems at this point.

And at least the ones who survive won't be bankrupted.

You have a really distorted view of our health care system.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Just glad my health care isn't tied to having a job in these times!.

Not to mention being in a well funded public system with lots of early testing we are doing much better thankfully. Individualised healthcare a total disaster in a pandemic.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 06:42 PM by B2hibry.)

(04-09-2020, 06:28 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Just glad my health care isn't tied to having a job in these times!.

Not to mention being in a well funded public system with lots of early testing we are doing much better thankfully. Individualised healthcare a total disaster in a pandemic.

Yep, great, now piss off and see a low-cost therapist for your everything sucks in the US condition.

(04-09-2020, 09:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 09:15 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Intubation and ventilation is the WRONG treatment.  Trump should cancel the order for 100,000 vents.
It is hypoxia, not pneumonia that is killing people.

https://web.archive.org/web/202004050614...182386efcb

Intubation is not necessarily wrong, just should be a last resort situation. I've been researching this illness since the beginning and following what treatment has worked and not. This is not your typical viral. It is more of a passenger virus which is why folks put on anti-inflammatories and antibiotics at the onset of cough get over this quickly. Let me reiterate...Cough and dizziness are or should be the symptoms to drive treatment. Couple of thoughts I've posted elsewhere...

- Anyone ever heard of Cytokine Release Syndrome? Sure sounds like the symptoms of COVID-19 ICU patients. Maybe a strong anti-inflammatory like an arthritis med to battle back and stay off respirators? Just thinking out loud.

-So if a majority of ICU patients present with shortness of breath and low oxygen levels with no signs of pneumonia, does that prove my theory? Furthermore, a majority that went on ventilators early cleared in 72 hours with still, no pneumonia. The deaths have been from those that presented too late with signs of pneumonia in combination with what I think is CRS. Explains why Hydroxychloroquine seems to work (anti-inflammatory properties) early. Would a stronger med like Tocilizumab be better?
I just wanted to come back to this and pat myself on the back a bit...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...ce=twitter
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-09-2020, 06:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 06:28 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Just glad my health care isn't tied to having a job in these times!.

Yep, great, now piss off and see a low-cost therapist for your everything sucks in the US condition.

I’ve been the type of guy that drives the point in even after it’s been said and done.  I’m trying to not be a douche. So, here is me, not adding to your post.   I think that accomplishes both sides.