Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Unfortunately most the people in this thread won't realise how stupid that is. Or blame any non fox tv network

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2020, 02:24 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What a delightful forum this is, USA is #1 in infections and just became #1 in deaths, and you lot talking about Hunter and Joe Biden.

Got this from another message board, so I don't know how accurate it is. US is now over 20,000 deaths, so this looks like yesterday's numbers.

Quote:New cases:
US 33,752
EU 28,815

Total Deaths:
US 18,747
EU 59,546

New Deaths:
US 2,035
EU 3,162

Serious, Critical:
US 10,917
EU 27,828

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Why don't you compare yourselves with your neighbour geographically to the north?

The EU isn't a country either. Actually some EU countries have done amazingly well considering how close they are to the Italian outbreak. Germany in particular have done a great job.

UK dropped the ball similar to the US with pathetic early testing.

I don't think the EU countries numbers will be as undersold with at home deaths either.

(04-11-2020, 05:44 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Why don't you compare yourselves with your neighbour geographically to the north?

The EU isn't a country either. Actually some EU countries have done amazingly well considering how close they are to the Italian outbreak. Germany in particular have done a great job.

I don't think the EU countries numbers will be as undersold with at home deaths either.

Since DF was using totals rather than per-capita, I chose to compare the US with a similar sized entity. Why should I compare the US to a country with 1/10th the population?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-11-2020, 05:44 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Why don't you compare yourselves with your neighbour geographically to the north?

The pathetic early testing was because the highly vaunted government and global organizations built to combat this sort of thing dropped the ball.  WHO did not offer any test kits to the US and the CDC's first test was faulty.  CDC also had no capacity to do widespread testing and they impeded early efforts by doctors in Washington by delaying certification of a lab there.  It was a private company, Abbot Labs, who came up with an accurate, reliable test.

We were compared to everyone else in the world so it’s a reasonable comparison to me. The home deaths thing you keep talking about is hogwash.

I’ve been watching that Canada certainly doesn’t have the reported cases nor fatality’s we’ve had. I’m not sure what they’ve done different and would assume it has to do with a more spread out population in many parts of the country but still much better results north of us so far.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-11-2020, 10:22 PM)EricC85 Wrote:

I’ve been watching that Canada certainly doesn’t have the reported cases nor fatality’s we’ve had. I’m not sure what they’ve done different and would assume it has to do with a more spread out population in many parts of the country but still much better results north of us so far.

A 10th of our population in the same geographic footprint...more spread out is an understatement.

(04-11-2020, 05:20 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 01:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: But that's not what you said.  

From what I have read, after his father left office, Hunter Biden purchased an equity share for $442,000.  

So yes, he does have an equity share.  But I can't find anything anywhere about a $50 million commission.

I was spitballing.

(04-11-2020, 02:24 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What a delightful forum this is, USA is #1 in infections and just became #1 in deaths, and you lot talking about Hunter and Joe Biden.

The EU has us beat, dont worry.

(04-11-2020, 05:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: It's pretty obvious the real number will be a lot higher as many will have died at home due to costs of accessing healthcare.

Let's hope the distancing measures bring the numbers down soon.

Why do you have to lie?

He's not lying, he's ignorant.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-11-2020, 11:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 10:22 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I’ve been watching that Canada certainly doesn’t have the reported cases nor fatality’s we’ve had. I’m not sure what they’ve done different and would assume it has to do with a more spread out population in many parts of the country but still much better results north of us so far.

A 10th of our population in the same geographic footprint...more spread out is an understatement.

(04-11-2020, 05:20 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I was spitballing.

The EU has us beat, dont worry.

Why do you have to lie?

He's not lying, he's ignorant.

You're right.  It's sad really.

Apologies I've been corrupted by the MSM and need a good dose of Hannity.

You could just accept the numbers and blame Obama? It's clearly the next step.

(04-12-2020, 02:09 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Apologies I've been corrupted by the MSM and need a good dose of Hannity.

Or you could just prove your point.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 03:55 AM by jj82284.)

(04-12-2020, 02:09 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Apologies I've been corrupted by the MSM and need a good dose of Hannity.

Bruh, accept the numbers?  Were in the middle of a major pandemic and laying off hospital staff due to lack of patients.  We won, state run healthcare lost.  Take the L and move along.  It's getting embarassing.

(04-12-2020, 03:15 AM)captivating Wrote: Holy [BLEEP].

Can't believe some churches are actually considering mass gatherings today!

I guess this is Darwinism at its best.

I'm going back to sleep and hoping sanity prevails in the morning.

Have they closed PP yet?  Publix, Walmart?  Just asking....

https://youtu.be/XMJ0EmMfb3U

Lengthy but brings up some interesting points. Scary if true.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

You are simply misinformed and that increases your preexisting bias against us.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-12-2020, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

You are simply misinformed and that increases your preexisting bias against us.

The problem with being misinformed is that you dont realize you are misinformed.

As long as you guys keep allowing him to bait you into pulling his string...

(04-12-2020, 08:54 AM)copycat Wrote: https://youtu.be/XMJ0EmMfb3U

Lengthy but brings up some interesting points.  Scary if true.

I agree to a point with this video. I do think the viruss came from that lab, and that it was an accident that it got out. Was it meant for biological warfare? Idk. But I do think it came from the Wuhan lab and not the market.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

A virus in which the lethality is concentrated in the 70+ age bracket would be the dumbest biological weapon ever conceived.

(04-12-2020, 03:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A virus in which the lethality is concentrated in the 70+ age bracket would be the dumbest biological weapon ever conceived.

A virus in which the lethality is concentrated in the 70+ age bracket would be a completely typical virus.

(04-12-2020, 03:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A virus in which the lethality is concentrated in the 70+ age bracket would be the dumbest biological weapon ever conceived.

Adolf Hitler. Mussolini, and Tojo never legitimately posed a threat to our industrial base.  The attack on pearl harbor precipitated the greatest industrial in the history of man.  We reached a level of production that the axis powers couldn't comprehend, let alone conceive or forecast.  Our mitigation efforts are going to cut gdp between 25 to 50%.  If anything this proves that the infection mortality rate of a pathogen is almost irrelevant.  The fear created by the very threat of such an infection cripples economies far more efficiently than conventional warfare.  

Were building 100k ventilators in 3 months.  While they may not be the most efficient to treat COVID 19 it's important that we expand our medical infrastructure to gird ourselves against another aerosolized pathogen.