Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

(04-12-2020, 01:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 12:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Earl Thomas?! Bruh.

Yes, he has the range, the ball skills and play making ability,  also a good tackler and hard hitter.  He is also good in punt returns and has the production  I think he has everything Thomas had when he was coming out. Not to mention its in his blood as his dad was an All Pro. I hope he is our guy at 20 if Kinlaw isn't there.

If Winfield is anything like his dad, he'd be a good pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jefferson is really making is look like more of a big 4 at WR than a big 3. I've seen him ahead of Jeudy or Ruggs in a few different mocks the last few days.

Getting Wirfs, Wills jr, or Thomas at 9 and then whichever of those 4 WRs falls to 20 is shaping up to be a realistic best case scenario IMO.

(04-14-2020, 12:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Jefferson is really making is look like more of a big 4 at WR than a big 3. I've seen him ahead of Jeudy or Ruggs in a few different mocks the last few days.

Getting Wirfs, Wills jr, or Thomas at 9 and then whichever of those 4 WRs falls to 20 is shaping up to be a realistic best case scenario IMO.

I’d love to see it play out that way.

(04-14-2020, 12:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Jefferson is really making is look like more of a big 4 at WR than a big 3. I've seen him ahead of Jeudy or Ruggs in a few different mocks the last few days.

I like Jefferson more than Ruggs

I’d love to see it play out that way.

Using this sites simulator
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/moc...-simulator

Been messing around with it for awhile and this is my favorite so far.

Round: 1, 9
Andrew Thomas OT | Georgia

Round: 1, 30
Jeff Gladney CB | TCU

Round: 2, 42
Antoine Winfield Jr. S | Minnesota

Round: 2, 62
Justin Madubuike DL | Texas A&M

Round: 3, 73
Leki Fotu DL | Utah

Round: 4, 116
Tyler Johnson WR | Minnesota

Round: 4, 137
Albert Okwuegbunam TE | Missouri

Round: 4, 144
Collin Johnson WR | Texas

Round: 5, 171
Charlie Heck OT | North Carolina

Round: 6, 190
Anthony McFarland Jr. RB | Maryland

Round: 7, 224
Joe Reed WR | Virginia

A couple of trades:
Move back from 20 with Green Bay for their 2nd and gave up our last 4th.
Moved back into the late 4th with Seattle in exchange for a 5th and 6th.

God I want Okudah so badly

9: R1P9 CB JEFFREY OKUDAH OHIO STATE
20: R1P20 EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON LSU
42: R2P10 S ANTOINE WINFIELD MINNESOTA
73: R3P9 G ROBERT HUNT LOUISIANA
116: R4P10 WR TYLER JOHNSON MINNESOTA
137: R4P31 RB ZACK MOSS UTAH
140: R4P34 DL JAMES LYNCH BAYLOR
157: R5P11 WR ISAIAH COULTER RHODE ISLAND
165: R5P19 EDGE DERREK TUSZKA NORTH DAKOTA STATE

(04-14-2020, 08:43 PM)JNev Wrote: God I want Okudah so badly

9: R1P9 CB JEFFREY OKUDAH OHIO STATE
20: R1P20 EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON LSU
42: R2P10 S ANTOINE WINFIELD MINNESOTA
73: R3P9 G ROBERT HUNT LOUISIANA
116: R4P10 WR TYLER JOHNSON MINNESOTA
137: R4P31 RB ZACK MOSS UTAH
140: R4P34 DL JAMES LYNCH BAYLOR
157: R5P11 WR ISAIAH COULTER RHODE ISLAND
165: R5P19 EDGE DERREK TUSZKA NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Okudah IS a heckuva player.

Even though there are plenty of arguments in favor of going offense, if Okudah wound up our pick at 9, I'd have a very difficult time complaining much about the pick under any scenario I can imagine at the moment.  As for your mock, I am not sold on Chaisson, but need to study Johnson out of Minnesota and Hunt.  I love the Lynch selection at that point.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...agovailoa/

I like Tua, but I know people would be livid with this.

(04-14-2020, 11:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...agovailoa/

I didn't get past the 2nd pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...falls-to-9

If he'd fall to us, I'd have no problem with it.

Although I hate his pick at 20.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-15-2020, 08:25 AM)Rico Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...falls-to-9

If it falls like this, I’m taking Tua and Ruggs. Ball game.

(04-14-2020, 11:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...agovailoa/

That's awful... trading up and using 20 to draft Tua?

I get that Minshew wasn't perfect by any means... but the amount of disrespect he is getting pre draft by the national media is a little confusing.

The only way I'm OK with drafting Tua is if he slides to 20. And even then.... IDK, I just think we should put more draft capital in building around Minshew and revisiting QB if necessary next year.
What if we draft Tua... and he isn't as good as people think? Or gets hurt again....
Then we are back at the drawing board for QB again? Or stuck with a first rounder we've buried draft capital in for at least 3 years....

Don't like the risk/reward of going QB this year with these guys. Much prefer the low risk high reward of putting pieces around a 6th round rookie QB's contract and seeing if we stuck gold.
Worst case scenario is we suck, like most people think we will no matter who the QB is, and we're in position to draft a guy next year if QB is indeed our biggest issue.

I don't think some of these picks last where i picked them.

1a. OT Wills
1b. DT Kinlaw
2.  WR Pittman
3.  CB Dantzler
4a. RB Edwards-Helaire 
4b. DE Robinson, Alton
4c. TE Asiasi
5a. C Shackelford
5b. LB Brown, Cam
6a.  CB Samuels III
6b.  S Gilman, Alohi
7.   DT Jones, Benito

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 01:18 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-15-2020, 08:25 AM)Rico Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...falls-to-9

Agreed. 

Not a fan of Epenesa.

Heck with this draft, Ruggs is still on the board.  If we took Tua at 9, why not pair him with Ruggs at 20?

(04-15-2020, 09:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

If it falls like this, I’m taking Tua and Ruggs. Ball game.

You beat me to it.  If we took Tua at 9 and Ruggs is there for us at 20, I don't know how I could pass him up.

(04-15-2020, 01:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Agreed. 

Not a fan of Epenesa.

Heck with this draft, Ruggs is still on the board.  If we took Tua at 9, why not pair him with Ruggs at 20?

(04-15-2020, 09:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If it falls like this, I’m taking Tua and Ruggs. Ball game.

You beat me to it.  If we took Tua at 9 and Ruggs is there for us at 20, I don't know how I could pass him up.

I don't like the idea of trading up, but if he's there at nine I don't have a problem with them pulling the triggering.  Actually, I was listening to Teal the Podcast and Brunell says he gets the 'feeling' that not everybody in the Jaguars organization is as high on Minshew as most fans are.  So if that's the case and he's there at nine, I'd take him.  Let him sit a year...or at least a half a year depending on how the season plays out.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 01:29 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-15-2020, 09:35 AM)Kane Wrote:

That's awful... trading up and using 20 to draft Tua?

I get that Minshew wasn't perfect by any means... but the amount of disrespect he is getting pre draft by the national media is a little confusing.

The only way I'm OK with drafting Tua is if he slides to 20. And even then.... IDK, I just think we should put more draft capital in building around Minshew and revisiting QB if necessary next year.
What if we draft Tua... and he isn't as good as people think? Or gets hurt again....
Then we are back at the drawing board for QB again? Or stuck with a first rounder we've buried draft capital in for at least 3 years....

Don't like the risk/reward of going QB this year with these guys. Much prefer the low risk high reward of putting pieces around a 6th round rookie QB's contract and seeing if we stuck gold.
Worst case scenario is we suck, like most people think we will no matter who the QB is, and we're in position to draft a guy next year if QB is indeed our biggest issue.

If Tua were healthy, I would be all for making that trade up, even with Minshew performing as he did last year.

But with his injury history, the risk would be too great to move up using both 9 and 20, especially in a year where teams can't conduct physicals.

Now by building with pieces around Minshew, there is the risk that the team would be just good enough to put us out of range for the two top QBs next year.

But that is more than offset by the advantage of being able to get a better picture in what we have with Minshew and to dissuade either of the top 2 QBs next year from pulling an Elway or Eli Manning on us next year.

(04-15-2020, 01:22 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 01:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed. 

Not a fan of Epenesa.

I don't like the idea of trading up, but if he's there at nine I don't have a problem with them pulling the triggering.  Actually, I was listening to Teal the Podcast and Brunell says he gets the 'feeling' that not everybody in the Jaguars organization is as high on Minshew as most fans are.  So if that's the case and he's there at nine, I'd take him.  Let him sit a year...or at least a half a year depending on how the season plays out.

We are eye to eye here.

If you took Tua at 9 and start Minshew, you could still see what Minshew has to offer, give Tua extra time to heal, if needed and to develop slowly in a year where the anount of offseason prep is minimized due to the virus.

Wasn't in love with taking Kinlaw at 9 but the only other real option was Wills, maybe Tua if you're inclined. Other than that this is almost ideal imo

9: R1P9 DL JAVON KINLAW SOUTH CAROLINA
20: R1P20 CB C.J. HENDERSON FLORIDA
42: R2P10 OT EZRA CLEVELAND BOISE STATE
73: R3P9 WR DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES MICHIGAN
116: R4P10 RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
137: R4P31 CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE AUBURN
140: R4P34 WR LYNN BOWDEN JR. KENTUCKY
157: R5P11 EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH CHARLOTTE
165: R5P19 DL JAMES LYNCH BAYLOR

THE SPEED AND ATHLETICISM OH MY

9: R1P9 LB ISAIAH SIMMONS CLEMSON
42: R2P10 WR BRANDON AIYUK ARIZONA STATE
73: R3P9 RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
116: R4P10 OT BEN BARTCH ST. JOHN’S
137: R4P31 TE THADDEUS MOSS LSU
140: R4P34 WR LYNN BOWDEN KENTUCKY
157: R5P11 C JAKE HANSON OREGON
165: R5P19 S ALOHI GILMAN NOTRE DAME

(04-17-2020, 12:14 AM)JNev Wrote: Wasn't in love with taking Kinlaw at 9 but the only other real option was Wills, maybe Tua if you're inclined. Other than that this is almost ideal imo

9: R1P9 DL JAVON KINLAW SOUTH CAROLINA
42: R2P10 OT EZRA CLEVELAND BOISE STATE
73: R3P9 WR DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES MICHIGAN
116: R4P10 RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
137: R4P31 CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE AUBURN
140: R4P34 WR LYNN BOWDEN JR. KENTUCKY
157: R5P11 EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH CHARLOTTE
165: R5P19 DL JAMES LYNCH BAYLOR

(04-17-2020, 06:51 PM)JNev Wrote: THE SPEED AND ATHLETICISM OH MY

9: R1P9 LB ISAIAH SIMMONS CLEMSON
42: R2P10 WR BRANDON AIYUK ARIZONA STATE
73: R3P9 RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
116: R4P10 OT BEN BARTCH ST. JOHN’S
137: R4P31 TE THADDEUS MOSS LSU
140: R4P34 WR LYNN BOWDEN KENTUCKY
157: R5P11 C JAKE HANSON OREGON
165: R5P19 S ALOHI GILMAN NOTRE DAME

Though I want to do more research on Cleveland and Bartch, I like both of these mocks. If we managed Iggy in round 4 that would be an incredible steal. At that point I also like Lynch and Gilman. While not out of the realm of possibility entirely, I don't think Aiyuk will be there for us at 42, though I heard last night he may have a core muscle injury.

Of course, two of my guys are Kindley and Lewis, but I like what you did in both of these.
Nice work.