Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 09:17 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2020, 08:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:32 PM)Jags Wrote: Quoting what you did, I sure as hell am not but I’ll take it.  But my Starbucks isn’t open. Not that I give a crap.  They have over priced crappy coffee. Dunkin is where it’s at.
Please take offense to this because Dunkin is garbage.

How dare you!!! Dunkin kicks Starbucks’ [BLEEP]! Unless you’re the latte double mocha triple shot with soy milk kinda guy.  I won’t judge, liberal.  You wanna drink a cup of black coffee like a man, then we’ll talk.  You need sugar and spice and all things nice, okay pumpkin.  The rest of us take the large black dunkin with a double shot of testosterone.  We don’t actually order The extra testosterone. It’s just a prerequisite to order it.  Besides, donuts!!!!  Get you some Boston Creme!  Whataya, Aussie?

Uh oh, I see lastone one here after I typed all that. Probably sipping a ginger spiced mocha latte with whip Venti and giving to Bindi the jungle girls wildlife fund.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 09:16 PM by mikesez.)

Y'all over here arguing... got my Aldi german roast at home... Mickey D's coffee if I'm going out... Black like my soul... Coconut milk if I'm feeling fancy..
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 09:22 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2020, 09:15 PM)I mikesez Wrote: Y'all over here arguing... got my Aldi german roast at home... Mickey D's coffee if I'm going out... Black like my soul... Coconut milk if I'm feeling fancy..

Something tells me
Your soul isn’t black like coffee. More so technicolored, May have a lisp and smells like rainbows and the spring fed jasmine and orange blossoms. Smile

(04-17-2020, 09:20 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 09:15 PM)I mikesez Wrote: Y'all over here arguing... got my Aldi german roast at home... Mickey D's coffee if I'm going out... Black like my soul... Coconut milk if I'm feeling fancy..

Something tells me
Your soul isn’t black like coffee. More so technicolored, May have a lisp and smells like rainbows and the spring fed jasmine and orange blossoms. Smile

You imagine I'm gay, huh? Well my wife would be surprised about that  Laughing
Anyhow, you should know my soul is black, because I only come on here to disagree with people. If y'all are ever saying stuff I agree with, I don't say anything.

Coffee is for losers, bourbon is for men.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-17-2020, 08:45 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Please take offense to this because Dunkin is garbage.

How dare you!!! Dunkin kicks Starbucks’ [BLEEP]! Unless you’re the latte double mocha triple shot with soy milk kinda guy.  I won’t judge, liberal.  You wanna drink a cup of black coffee like a man, then we’ll talk.  You need sugar and spice and all things nice, okay pumpkin.  The rest of us take the large black dunkin with a double shot of testosterone.  We don’t actually order The extra testosterone. It’s just a prerequisite to order it.  Besides, donuts!!!!  Get you some Boston Creme!  Whataya, Aussie?

Uh oh, I see lastone one here after I typed all that. Probably sipping a ginger spiced mocha latte with whip Venti and giving to Bindi the jungle girls wildlife fund.

Damn, thats some grade A coffee burns

(04-17-2020, 10:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 09:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Something tells me

You imagine I'm gay, huh? Well my wife would be surprised about that  Laughing
Anyhow, you should know my soul is black, because I only come on here to disagree with people. If y'all are ever saying stuff I agree with, I don't say anything.

I didn’t say that.  You’re putting words in my mouth.  I did add the smiley.  Just having some fun.

(04-17-2020, 04:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's hard to tell what side Trump is on, though.  Is he in favor of social distancing and shutting down non-essential businesses, as he has been up to now, or is he on the side of the people protesting against those measures?  

Trump seems to be encouraging people to protest against the very stuff he has recommended.  What the heck is he in favor of, anyway?  It's hard to tell from these tweets.  Are we supposed to stay home or not?

He is for the protesting. It isn’t whether you should stay at home or not. Go read the nonsensical and arbitrary rules for those individual state “stay at home” orders and you’ll have your answer. In addition, Virginia passed gun laws in the dark of the night that couldn’t pass in session just a few months ago.

He seems to be putting himself on both sides of the issue.  First he says the governors should set the rules, according to the situation on their own state, then he undermines governors who do just that.  

He's setting himself up to take credit if things go well, and place blame on others if things go poorly.  Whatever happens, it's all someone else's fault.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 08:29 AM by mikesez.)

(04-17-2020, 11:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Coffee is for losers, bourbon is for men.

¿Por qué no los dos?

(04-18-2020, 06:11 AM)Jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: You imagine I'm gay, huh? Well my wife would be surprised about that  Laughing

I didn’t say that.  You’re putting words in my mouth.  I did add the smiley.  Just having some fun.

As Mikesez demonstrates it's possible to be both a beta male and sraight.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-18-2020, 09:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:11 AM)Jags Wrote: I didn’t say that.  You’re putting words in my mouth.  I did add the smiley.  Just having some fun.

(04-18-2020, 09:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:11 AM)Jags Wrote: I didn’t say that.  You’re putting words in my mouth.  I did add the smiley.  Just having some fun.

Bud, if you're out there on your own, no other males following your lead, you ain't the alpha wolf.

(04-18-2020, 09:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 09:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As Mikesez demonstrates it's possible to be both a beta male and sraight.

Bud, if you're out there on your own, no other males following your lead, you ain't the alpha wolf.

That you only see Alpha and Beta demonstrates the limitations of your reasoning.

(04-17-2020, 08:45 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Please take offense to this because Dunkin is garbage.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-10.20.30-AM.pn...1143&ssl=1]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 11:35 AM by homebiscuit.)

This reigns above all.

[Image: post-alley%403x_0.png?itok=4PIpwtdI]

Perhaps the virus is not as deadly as we thought.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/third-bl...oronavirus

(04-18-2020, 08:29 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Coffee is for losers, bourbon is for men.

¿Por qué no los dos?

Because you don't contaminate bourbon.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jacksonville-...us-phase-1

Front page news. Proud to live in a sane city and almost sane state.

First large scale community anti-body test in USA indicates Coronavirus cased under reported by factor of 50 to 85. 

Linkage to Reportage

FTA: “Our findings suggest that there is somewhere between 50- and 80-fold more infections in our county than what’s known by the number of cases than are reported by our department of public health," Dr. Eran Bendavid, the Stanford professor who led the study, told ABC News.

If the study's numbers are accurate, the true mortality and hospitalization rates of COVID-19 are both substantially lower than current estimates, and due to lag between infection and death, researchers project a true mortality rate between .12 and .20."

Limitations: [font=Georgia, serif]"I hesitate to give you the following numbers, because first of all they are a guess, and secondly because some will think they are too low to take action," he wrote in a message to the community. "My best guess is that approximately 2-3% of the SMC population are currently infected or have recovered from the infection.  That’s around 15-25,000 people and they are all over the county and in every community.  I don’t believe this number is off by a factor of 10, but it could be off by a factor of 2 to 3."[/font]

So, uh...Apocalypse postponed or nah?

Ehhhh, I rarely venture over to the Political Forum but boredom has driven me here and what do I find? A coffee controversy...so I'll weigh in- it's Dunkin' all the way for me. I've tried Starbucks a couple of times and it can't compare. tastes like it's been sitting for hours.

Plus, the coffee cake muffin at DD is incomparable.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-18-2020, 01:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: First large scale community anti-body test in USA indicates Coronavirus cased under reported by factor of 50 to 85. 

Linkage to Reportage

FTA: “Our findings suggest that there is somewhere between 50- and 80-fold more infections in our county than what’s known by the number of cases than are reported by our department of public health," Dr. Eran Bendavid, the Stanford professor who led the study, told ABC News.

If the study's numbers are accurate, the true mortality and hospitalization rates of COVID-19 are both substantially lower than current estimates, and due to lag between infection and death, researchers project a true mortality rate between .12 and .20."

Limitations: [font=Georgia, serif]"I hesitate to give you the following numbers, because first of all they are a guess, and secondly because some will think they are too low to take action," he wrote in a message to the community. "My best guess is that approximately 2-3% of the SMC population are currently infected or have recovered from the infection.  That’s around 15-25,000 people and they are all over the county and in every community.  I don’t believe this number is off by a factor of 10, but it could be off by a factor of 2 to 3."[/font]

So, uh...Apocalypse postponed or nah?

When they get through testing NYC things will get interesting.