Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Tell you what, I'll pretend you're not a paid Russian troll if you look up the word insane and tell me if there's a definition that makes sense in the context I used it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 05:49 PM by mikesez.)

(04-25-2020, 05:31 PM)Last42min Wrote: Tell you what, I'll pretend you're not a paid Russian troll if you look up the word insane and tell me if there's a definition that makes sense in the context I used it.

Whatever you're high on, I hope you're sharing it with some friends.
It makes perfect sense for you to call the Democrats' response insane. You sincerely think that they are being counterproductive to our interests as well as their own, so why wouldn't you use that word.
The thing is, I believe you would say they are insane regardless of what they did.
Do you find that to be true about yourself, or am I wrong about you?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-25-2020, 04:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:29 PM)Last42min Wrote: There are multiple instances of cognitive bias going on. Trump speaks poorly. Everyone knows this. To try to defend his statement logically is giving too much credit to Trump. Can we agree that Trump is a narcissist with a big ego? He doesn't need to paraphrase what was just said by the doctors, but he does that because he believes that's what he's supposed to do. I will even accept that he wants to give people hope, but even if we accept that motive, I still think there's an underlying need to feed his ego (that he is the hope-giver). So, because he's inarticulate and probably only paid attention half-way, he gets up there to give hope and bumbles through his synopsis. He chose his words poorly. End of story. As the President, he needs to try to do better. That's where the narrative needs to stop and start. If, due to an overabundance of caution, his opponents feel the need to suggest that people should avoid trying this for themselves, go for it.

Furthermore, I take issue with Trump claiming it was sarcasm. It offends me. I personally didn't think what he said originally was a big deal. When I heard it, I assumed he was talking about an aerosolized spray that one could shoot into their lungs, but knew immediately this was going to be turned into a meme. His supporters did come to his defense, though. This is not because the statement is an inherently good statement, but because they don't believe he has bad intentions (which I don't, either). For this reason, they attempted to make sense out of a poorly constructed series of questions. Then Trump walks it back the next day. He probably realized it was unrealistic to expect them to make such a spray, or someone gave him clarity as to why that wouldn't help with the virus. Instead of admitting it was poorly phrased or he was just spitballing, he walked it back. That does leave his supporters dangling in the wind. Aside from throwing them under the bus, it was disingenuous. He should be called out for it.

THAT SAID, the democratic response to this has been insane. I would argue that the headlines and talking points have been far more damaging that anything Trump actually said. Pelosi wasn't being sarcastic when she said Trump suggested people should treat themselves with Lysol. He didn't say anything remotely close to that. There are multiple examples of bad journalism in response to this as well. Look at this opener to a politico article: "President Donald Trump’s suggestion that Americans should inject themselves with household disinfectants as a coronavirus remedy provoked an apparently universal rebuke Friday..." What? He never even got close to suggesting this. There are countless headlines and other things that made it look like he actually suggested that.

It is dangerous and irresponsible to rephrase what actually happened. If people don't trust the media or democratic politicians (which some don't), and believe that the media wants to attack Trump (which some do), which do you think played a bigger role in provoking the idiots to spray lysol into their lungs?

Trump asked a question. That was it. He asked if it could be tested. No one should interpret that as do experiments at home.

Gabe, I find you to be relatively reasonable. I can concede he should have choose his words better. I can concede he should probably talk less. I concede he  hung his supporters out to dry. Can you concede that this has been largely overblown by the media and used as a political attack ad? Can you concede that there is a significant portion of the media and democratic politicians that are outright lying about what happened?

You're obviously a smart person with good intentions.
I hear you trying to be fair about this.
But you're trying too hard, in my opinion.
You said that the Democrats are insane.  And in many ways they are, of course. But how are they insane for this?
Is there any comment that a prominent Democrat or prominent member of the left-wing media could have made about Trump's lung disinfectant press conference, that would have you saying, "oh, they're being reasonable for once."

Adding in the word "household" which is a traitorous lie, and one that plenty of people, including Gabe, thought to be fact because that's the only source of news they have, is NOT REASONABLE!

Did they get the false quote from ttheir ChiCom overlords, or are they just naturally that hateful?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-25-2020, 06:15 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 04:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're obviously a smart person with good intentions.
You said that the Democrats are insane.  And in many ways they are, of course. But how are they insane for this?
Is there any comment that a prominent Democrat or prominent member of the left-wing media could have made about Trump's lung disinfectant press conference, that would have you saying, "oh, they're being reasonable for once."

Adding in the word "household" which is a traitorous lie, and one that plenty of people, including Gabe, thought to be fact because that's the only source of news they have, is NOT REASONABLE!

Did they get the false quote from ttheir ChiCom overlords, or are they just naturally that hateful?

Anything that kills a virus in under a minute is also a household disinfectant.

(04-25-2020, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 05:31 PM)Last42min Wrote: Tell you what, I'll pretend you're not a paid Russian troll if you look up the word insane and tell me if there's a definition that makes sense in the context I used it.

It makes perfect sense for you to call the Democrats' response insane. You sincerely think that they are being counterproductive to our interests as well as their own, so why wouldn't you use that word.
The thing is, I believe you would say they are insane regardless of what they did.

Oh good, you looked it up. Now that you know what the word means, figured out how I used it in a sentence, and corrected your misapplication of it, I'll treat you like you're actually an American engineer for a while. 

I have no problem with people making jokes at Trump's expense. I have problem with people taking a stupid comment, warping it into a dangerous one, attributing it to him, and then using it for political gain. Take that last line and memorize it, because that is what was done by leftist politicians and media outlets. It is extreme by all measures. 

As a fan of politics, I don't mind rhetoric, so long as there is a glimmer of truth to it. There isn't in this case. Pelosi and the media have complete freedom to tarnish Trump with his words and deeds. However, instead of attacking it for what it was, the left took it too far. This is a reoccurring theme in our political landscape, and it bothers me. In my opinion, it's far more destructive than anything Trump is doing (and don't take that to mean he's blameless). AT BEST, the serious criticism should have started and stopped at carelessness with which Trump speaks. Everyone is on board with that. Let the leftist base make the jokes and memes. I probably wouldn't even respond to that. I might even contribute. In fact, this is how I imagined it would be memed when I heard him ask that question. Made this just for you, Mikey (since I don't know your Russian name). 

[Image: trump-solves-2-png.47280]

(04-25-2020, 04:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're obviously a smart person with good intentions.

Traitorous. This is fun.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-25-2020, 07:07 PM)Last42min Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: Whatever you're high on, I hope you're sharing it with some friends.

Oh good, you looked it up. Now that you know what the word means, figured out how I used it in a sentence, and corrected your misapplication of it, I'll treat you like you're actually an American engineer for a while. 

I have no problem with people making jokes at Trump's expense. I have problem with people taking a stupid comment, warping it into a dangerous one, attributing it to him, and then using it for political gain. Take that last line and memorize it, because that is what was done by leftist politicians and media outlets. It is extreme by all measures. 

As a fan of politics, I don't mind rhetoric, so long as there is a glimmer of truth to it. There isn't in this case. Pelosi and the media have complete freedom to tarnish Trump with his words and deeds. However, instead of attacking it for what it was, the left took it too far. This is a reoccurring theme in our political landscape, and it bothers me. In my opinion, it's far more destructive than anything Trump is doing (and don't take that to mean he's blameless). AT BEST, the serious criticism should have started and stopped at carelessness with which Trump speaks. Everyone is on board with that. Let the leftist base make the jokes and memes. I probably wouldn't even respond to that. I might even contribute. In fact, this is how I imagined it would be memed when I heard him ask that question. Made this just for you, Mikey (since I don't know your Russian name). 

I can't see the picture. 
I think you're being dishonest with yourself.
You think public officials with both parties should just say, "it's bad that he speaks so carelessly" while doing absolutely nothing to correct it. 
You're ok with schmoes like us making crazy memes that riff off the crazy things Trump says, but you don't want your public officials to do it.
But since no one was willing to impeach Mr. Careless Talker, voting him out is the only avenue for improving things.  But you forbid that officials and candidates on the other side engage in mockery that you yourself wish to engage in.  Don't you see the problem? They engage in this because we engage in it and they wish to connect with us!

You are a moron.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 09:34 PM by mikesez.)

(04-25-2020, 08:07 PM)Last42min Wrote: You are a moron.

You've said that before. I mean, you don't really believe it, because you keep re-engaging.

(04-25-2020, 09:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 08:07 PM)Last42min Wrote: You are a moron.

You've said that before. I mean, you don't really believe it, because you keep re-engaging.

Morons are great for the entertainment value.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-25-2020, 11:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 09:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: You've said that before. I mean, you don't really believe it, because you keep re-engaging.

Well I know you're here for laughs. Him, he doesn't seem like the laughing type.

(04-25-2020, 11:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 11:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Morons are great for the entertainment value.

Well I know you're here for laughs. Him, he doesn't seem like the laughing type.

I'm pretty sure he's laughing at you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-25-2020, 03:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Feel free to research with your 7th-grade biology before popping off. I even made it easier for you by giving you a head start. FYI, pleural effusion or pulmonary edema is not related to blood circulation. I could have swore the pulmonary arteries, vein, and capillaries along with bronchial arteries, and veins were the natural process continuously circulating/carrying deoxygenated and oxygenated blood to and from the lungs? Do you have gills? Dang, the scientific community has been lied to! LOL

You're telling me stuff I already know.
Once again you confuse my derisive sarcasm for ignorance.
You assume that because somebody disagrees with you, they must know less than you.
The good news, for you, is that this rebuke will also fail to hit home and you can continue imagining that you know more than me or have something to teach me or anyone else who graduated high school on this subject.
Come on.  What are you thinking? You think they can get optical fiber into the capillaries of the lungs?
So is your last line more of your sarcasm or legit stupidity?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-25-2020, 11:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 09:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: You've said that before. I mean, you don't really believe it, because you keep re-engaging.

And the effort he continually puts into it blows my mind!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Did you people really have nothing better to do than this on a beautiful Saturday?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2020, 01:41 AM by jj82284.)

(04-25-2020, 04:34 PM)Last42min Wrote:
Quote:You said that the Democrats are insane.

I know English isn't your first language, but learn to read.

Down goes Frazier down goes FRAZIER

(04-25-2020, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Wow....  lastmin42?  Really?  If progressives didnt have ad hominem  what would they say?

+1

(04-25-2020, 07:54 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 07:07 PM)Last42min Wrote: Oh good, you looked it up. Now that you know what the word means, figured out how I used it in a sentence, and corrected your misapplication of it, I'll treat you like you're actually an American engineer for a while. 

I can't see the picture. 
I think you're being dishonest with yourself.
You think public officials with both parties should just say, "it's bad that he speaks so carelessly" while doing absolutely nothing to correct it. 
You're ok with schmoes like us making crazy memes that riff off the crazy things Trump says, but you don't want your public officials to do it.
But since no one was willing to impeach Mr. Careless Talker, voting him out is the only avenue for improving things.  But you forbid that officials and candidates on the other side engage in mockery that you yourself wish to engage in.  Don't you see the problem? They engage in this because we engage in it and they wish to connect with us!

High crimes, misdemeanors and silly questions......  lol.

Back to the original topic. I would say that I am feeling less worried about this thing since the antibody test report from NY came out. It's been my belief that tens of millions if not close to a hundred million people in this country alone either have or have had this virus and beat it. I consider the antibody testing result to be very good news and am looking forward to more studies coming out from other areas. Don't get me wrong, I know that tens of thousands have lost their lives and many more will, this virus seems to be very communicable but with a death rate closer to the flu I don't consider this to be something of concern for myself or my family, with that said I will continue to be careful but maybe not to the extent of staying home unless going out for something absolutely necessary.

Now just looking forward to the local parks reopening, backyard birding only goes so far... I do have to say it's amazing the new perspective I have gained on the local wildlife just observing from home.

I was starting to feel that way until I read this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/20...-patients/

I've become cautious of the "alarmism" of the media, but there is still so much about this virus that we don't know. It can bind and replicate in many different parts of the body, which could create some really weird issues. I still think we should still be striving to return to normal in the safest ways possible, but I am also concerned about the still unknown impacts of this virus.

Don't expect any help from "science" unless the technology is globalist-owned and controlled.
AYTU Bioscience's UV light treatment for COVID-19 is a violation of Twitter and YouTube policy.
AYTU Bioscience accounts have been removed to protect the public and to make sure nobody knows Trump was right.

[Image: ISNSTyf.jpg]